Diablo® III

Wizard is the worst PvP class :(

Yeah wiz are just terrible in PvP : No DoTs, nothing to avoid damage, DS is bull!@#$ and mirror image is a joke.
Reply Quote
View profile
Mirror image can be used to stop DOT effects, so it has its applications in PVP.
Blizzard is the closest thing we have to a DOT spell.

That said, the closest thing we have to a viable pvp build is a blizz/hydra/storm armor kiting build

Kiting sucks.
Reply Quote
View profile
Absolutely depressing.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709112369

but so far from what I've seen, here are the specs I use primarily vs tough players and what I feel about the matchups

Barbs > Wizards

Absolutely no question, wizards need serious buffs
Reply Quote
View profile
And then this:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810091041

Barbarians and Monks now receive a 35% damage reduction while in the Scorched Chapel

Note: Barbarians and Monks are receiving an additional 5% reduction due to the fact that they generally need to be closer to their targets (as compared to Demon Hunters, Witch Doctors, and Wizards)

Edit:
Ranged classes get 30% damage reduction in the Scorched Chapel
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/30/2013 8:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Wizards are are sadly the weakest class. Monks are obscene now in PvP keep getting buffs look at the patch notes wizards get nothing and no tweaks in 2 weeks of PTR .
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7802360248

I have faced most of the top Demon Hunters, but my toughest test has been SlackJaw. For Monks, beat down most, if not all the top ones, but someone I have major difficulties with is LiquidMetal. For Witch Doctors, I need to face ChuckNorris again. A Taiwanese Witch Doctor, however, beat me down like a red-headed step child. For Wizards, so easy; not even worth worrying about.

Ouch.
Edited by DomonKassui#1611 on 1/30/2013 8:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
I've proved they hate wizard. No wizzi phone wrapper. Sell a macro mouse then say we cant use it and suject to ban. set bonus which is a joke... "this wand finds your death humorous" well so does blizzard. and on and on.

Lucky most of our gear works for WD which is actually good PvP.

whats funny is we even get a free whole life now and still cant hang at all. Imagine how bad it woulda been.
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/30/2013 8:52 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7802360248

I have faced most of the top Demon Hunters, but my toughest test has been SlackJaw. For Monks, beat down most, if not all the top ones, but someone I have major difficulties with is LiquidMetal. For Witch Doctors, I need to face ChuckNorris again. A Taiwanese Witch Doctor, however, beat me down like a red-headed step child. For Wizards, so easy; not even worth worrying about.

Ouch.

I got the sense that top barb eric faced off with thought same thing. He seemed surprised eric was even hurting him the first round with like 500 some K dps. Then barb killed him quick next two. I continued watching he did not face other wizzies like they wernt worth his time even when he looked at them in freind list.. but lost a bunch to other class.
Reply Quote
What. The. Hell.
Reply Quote
If you're 1v1ing with a barb and there's no one else around, use a pure CM build that will give you the fastest freeze times. (maximize attack speed, use cold snap, evocation and CM and so on) Just teleport in, freeze and voila. Just in case they have WOTB, wormhole as far away as possible and go back in when it's gone. How's that lame tactic for you barbs.

They can do absolutely Nathan's Hotdogs in that situation.
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 09:54 PMPosted by nitrocan
Just in case they have WOTB

if you can run away from them with their insane sprint movement speed lol
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 10:40 PMPosted by yems
Just in case they have WOTB

Wormhole.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/30/2013 11:22 PMPosted by nitrocan

Wormhole.

I'm not sure if this'll work, Nitro.
We can cast Wormhole once, then what do we do during the 16 second cooldown?

In the mean time, Barb with 5-piece IK set / Unforgiving Passive can Marathon indefinitely.
They will catch up eventually even if we wormhole to the other end of the map.

We have no skills that increase our movement speed past the 25% limit that doesn't require us getting hit (Storm Armor/Scramble).

Our mobility kinda sucks.
Wish we had a Slow Time rune that stays centered on us (Doesn't stay on the ground) and increases the movement and attack speed of allies within the bubble. :-)
Reply Quote
but we have illusionist, the moment u get hit again we get all 3 cooldowns reset and u wormhole out again and have slow time and mi to make time for the cooldowns, including ds, to reset. thats what i do, cooldwon management while kiting and letting sa and mm chip them down. I also use the 20% damage rune in bubble so i try to get them stuck in there so they recieve more damage.

But yeah its hard work to get a kill on them high ehp barrbs.
Reply Quote

Wormhole.

I'm not sure if this'll work, Nitro.
We can cast Wormhole once, then what do we do during the 16 second cooldown?

In the mean time, Barb with 5-piece IK set / Unforgiving Passive can Marathon indefinitely.
They will catch up eventually even if we wormhole to the other end of the map.

We have no skills that increase our movement speed past the 25% limit that doesn't require us getting hit (Storm Armor/Scramble).

Our mobility kinda sucks.
Wish we had a Slow Time rune that stays centered on us (Doesn't stay on the ground) and increases the movement and attack speed of allies within the bubble. :-)

This is not the point. If you die while they WOTB, they have to wait another 2 minutes before they can use it again. Besides, weapon throw barbs don't use WOTB as far as I've seen and the ones that come close, well it doesn't even matter if they use it. Your LoH should take care of whatever damage they might inflict with CM/WW even if they aren't frozen. For the weapon throw barbs, teleport, FN and it's game over. I have easily defeated those ridiculously defensive 200k HP 1200+ AR, 10k Armor shield barbs because they just are unable to do anything.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 02:56 AMPosted by ximae
but we have illusionist, the moment u get hit again

You mean, the moment you get rend to death or stunned ? Because that's pretty much the only kind of attacks barbs and other classes do... DoTs & Stuns. Nothing else.
While we got nothing of those, only stupid temporal flux passive which you can escape from any class easily (since the only thing it does is slowing you down, doesn't prevent you to use any defensive/evasive ability)

We can't mirror image as we don't have another slot available either, with that CM/freeze build he suggested we use.

And even if we could use ALL our abilities and passives at the same time, we would still be the weakest because wiz have the worst PvP defensive/offensive skill overall. (again no DoTs and weak evasive skills.)

Totally useless in PvP.
Reply Quote

Oddly enough, slow time works like that when in archon.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 03:36 AMPosted by alpahc
but we have illusionist, the moment u get hit again

You mean, the moment you get rend to death or stunned ? Because that's pretty much the only kind of attacks barbs and other classes do... DoTs & Stuns. Nothing else.
While we got nothing of those, only stupid temporal flux passive which you can escape from any class easily (since the only thing it does is slowing you down, doesn't prevent you to use any defensive/evasive ability)

We can't mirror image as we don't have another slot available either, with that CM/freeze build he suggested we use.

And even if we could use ALL our abilities and passives at the same time, we would still be the weakest because wiz have the worst PvP defensive/offensive skill overall. (again no DoTs and weak evasive skills.)

Totally useless in PvP.

i try to keep mi for rends but sometimes i have to use it to unstun from the weapon through, good thing about weapon through + rend is that if they rend u and then weapon through they will reset the cooldown and you will be able to shrug off rend and the stun with another cast of mi. Thing is if they focus on having devastating rends their ehp goes to !@#$ and u can just kill them with a bit of kiting if theyre ehp stackers their rends are weak enough that u can just pop ds and facetank it.

there are some very good barbs around which are hell to deal with aka stomped me, as they were godly geared and had the ehp and the dps, but havent faced but a couple like that... they were korean btw.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]