Diablo® III

Pictures of Manticore on PTR with Red Gems

I just brought my manticore in my profile for 200M, with that 50% damage, it seems like an bargain as there was nothing close in terms of price.

I also thought about getting a Calamity, but even after factoring the gem costs and a weapon budget of 200+, my current Manticore will give almost 25k more DPS compared to a Calamity.

Seems like the new gems are going to make sockets even more valuable. Hope the numbers in the PTR stay!
Reply Quote
not sure if this was covered in this thread at all.. but was in PTR areas.

someone did testing with gem and "repairs".

Come to find out if you go "red" where your gear is truly broken the cost of the gem repair is 300k (think actually they said it was 302k but close enough)

One will have to be careful with the amount of gems they put on their gear/weapons of the marquis class.

If you figure you have 3soc chest, 2soc pants, 2soc weapon, 1soc helm and potentially 1soc on a ring or amulet with marquis gems you now have 8-9 marquis gems.

While 300k for full gem repair isn't much multiply that by 8 and you end up with just gem repair of 2.4m or 9 gems = 2.7m OUCH

Some say only upgrade gems in weapon and hat. on a 2os manticore and hat for life% you are now talkin about 900k for a full gem repair. that is a lot of rares to vendor...... just sayin.
Reply Quote
not sure if this was covered in this thread at all.. but was in PTR areas.

someone did testing with gem and "repairs".

Come to find out if you go "red" where your gear is truly broken the cost of the gem repair is 300k (think actually they said it was 302k but close enough)

One will have to be careful with the amount of gems they put on their gear/weapons of the marquis class.

If you figure you have 3soc chest, 2soc pants, 2soc weapon, 1soc helm and potentially 1soc on a ring or amulet with marquis gems you now have 8-9 marquis gems.

While 300k for full gem repair isn't much multiply that by 8 and you end up with just gem repair of 2.4m or 9 gems = 2.7m OUCH

Some say only upgrade gems in weapon and hat. on a 2os manticore and hat for life% you are now talkin about 900k for a full gem repair. that is a lot of rares to vendor...... just sayin.

Just found the perfect excuse to only upgrade weapon gem lol. Think its a bug on PTR or actually going to make it though to the patch?
Reply Quote
@Empire.

Well I don't think it is a bug. I think that is the cost one will have to pay to use the gem. Similar (in case those aren't aware) the ungem cost is I believe 5m to ungem a marquis gem. I don't have 100% confirmation this is for all gems or this marquis ruby but would think the marquis class as a whole would determine this cost.

It would make sense if they charge you 5m to ungem there would be a pretty substantial cost for repair. I have not seen, thus far, any replies from BLUES in regards to any alterations to the gem repair costs over on the PTR section of the forums.
Reply Quote
So is there any point to having a manticore with min dmg + 150*1.wepdmg% > max dmg?

They seem to sim damage with 2x rubi higher than others but they still don't sim as +150 +300.
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/QveBtY9.jpg

This calamity on this forum posted is fake i calculated it and it gave me like 1522 dps base or something near that none exsit i checked diablo progress. shed some light on this
Reply Quote
Hi guys thanks a lot to all of U this is really interesting thread. Can someone show how will raise dps on calamity apx 1250 , 1300 and 1350...

Many thx in advance regards J.
Reply Quote
Hi guys thanks a lot to all of U this is really interesting thread. Can someone show how will raise dps on calamity apx 1250 , 1300 and 1350...

Many thx in advance regards J
a

Unfortunately, the relative increase in weapon DPS is dependent on the other factors of the weapon. Min Dmg, Max Dmg, and very importantly, the +% Weapon damage on the item itself.
Reply Quote
Aaah ok .. i mean just if someone can post Calmity stats before and after adding Marq ruby..

Going to buy Calamity anyway.. thx...
Reply Quote
http://i.imgur.com/QveBtY9.jpg

This calamity on this forum posted is fake i calculated it and it gave me like 1522 dps base or something near that none exsit i checked diablo progress. shed some light on this

Well, you could always just go to the PTR to look at them, since that's where I got the screenshot from :)

Pretty sure your math is wrong because you didn't add in the bonus max.
Reply Quote
ya... most likely didn't calc it like blizzard is calculating it. See the different threads here in the DH forum on how they are calculating weapon damage
Reply Quote
here is another manticore a guy posted on PTR. He linked it in open channel (actually I gave him tomes he needed... lol)... but sick DPS... over 2100!!!!!!!!!!!

http://prntscr.com/qxgo5
Reply Quote
If the repairs and ungem cost is so high, i think i may need to think twice about socketing the calamity. By calculation, it will push my dps to about 207k unbuffed. This should be a no brainer change since it is the most worthwhile in terms of dps but the high repair cost will force me to go back to low MPs. I can farm Mp7 with 2 to 3 deaths for the whole act 3 currently which will translate to about 900k in repairs based on Bubbagump's info. That is quite hard to sustain
Reply Quote
@RaveaAngel

The 300k repair cost was when full gear was broken. the cost won't be so high under just normal wear and tear.

If you figure 300k for full repair that means each death would be ~30k worth and less for just normal wear and tear so to speak.

If you can kill faster with more DPS ... I would think the repair costs would be a wash in some aspects.
Reply Quote
@RaveaAngel

The 300k repair cost was when full gear was broken. the cost won't be so high under just normal wear and tear.

If you figure 300k for full repair that means each death would be ~30k worth and less for just normal wear and tear so to speak.

If you can kill faster with more DPS ... I would think the repair costs would be a wash in some aspects.

I see, thanks for the clarification. This will make it still usable. It is about 6 times my current repair cost if based on yellow broken gears.

Wow, the Marq Ruby really push the manticore over 2000 dps!!!
Edited by RaveaAngel#6183 on 1/30/2013 12:25 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry to ask this again, but other than 2 sockets and high +% dmg is there any specific thing one should look for in a manticore to be able to maximize dps using a one or two marquise rubies? Thanks
Reply Quote
Did you guys see the latest blue posting on the Rubies? Based on the new tooltip, is it still worthwhile? Sorry, just started work, so not sure of the information
Reply Quote
by the looks of it, it should still be fine. they said they arent changing how it works.

They are just making changes to the way new rubies affect elemental damages
if anything, manticore might be on top, but meh, I LOVE the 3asp + 200k dps. I'll take that all day over a lousy slow manticore
Reply Quote
Can you post screenshots of the DPS on the manticore/Calamity now with the new edit to M. Rubies?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]