Diablo® III

Pictures of Manticore on PTR with Red Gems

01/30/2013 06:27 PMPosted by RaveaAngel
Did you guys see the latest blue posting on the Rubies? Based on the new tooltip, is it still worthwhile? Sorry, just started work, so not sure of the information

Sry, where is this blue post?
Reply Quote
Yeah, I want to see the balls chopped off ruby weapons :(
Reply Quote
Did you guys see the latest blue posting on the Rubies? Based on the new tooltip, is it still worthwhile? Sorry, just started work, so not sure of the information

Sry, where is this blue post?

The blue post

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7810050948#1

The link to all the numbers is in the PTR notes, this is copied from there

Radiant Square Rubies, Star Rubies, Flawless Star Rubies, Perfect Star Rubies, and Radiant Star Rubies have had their weapon bonuses increased (these changes will apply to both existing rubies, as well as new rubies):

Radiant Square Ruby: +40 minimum damage/+40 maximum damage (up from +16/+16)
Star Ruby: +60 minimum damage/+60 maximum damage (up from +17/+17)
Flawless Star Ruby: +80 minimum damage/+80 maximum damage (up from +18/+18)
Perfect Star Ruby: +100 minimum damage/+100 maximum damage (up from +19/+19)
Radiant Star Ruby: +120 minimum damage/+120 maximum damage (up from +20/+20)

The max value is now a straight increment from the number and no longer includes the min value into the calculation of the max value
Edited by RaveaAngel#6183 on 1/30/2013 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote

The blue post

Ty.
Edited by Yue#1592 on 1/30/2013 9:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hmm, according to the blue post, (rubies 1 or 2) will probbaly end up as garbage for manticore users.

The current PTR calculations would give me:

2056.1 DPS with double reds

New calculations would give me either:

1860.1 DPS or 1678.9 DPS with double reds depending on whether or not %damage is applied to gems.
Reply Quote
Hmm, according to the blue post, (rubies 1 or 2) will probbaly end up as garbage for manticore users.

The current PTR calculations would give me:

2056.1 DPS with double reds

New calculations would give me either:

1860.1 DPS or 1678.9 DPS with double reds depending on whether or not %damage is applied to gems.

I thought they already applied the "fix" and the 2056.1 DPS Manticore is current.
Reply Quote
IIRC in the current state of the PTR, rubies haven't been fixed yet (nerfed). I'm still getting way more than +120/+120 on my Calamity.
Reply Quote
Oh, well that sux. :(

I thought the "fix" was already in place since my Manticore got a DPS DECREASE with Radiant Star Rubies. I guess that was to be expected without a weapon damage +% roll.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]