Diablo® III

Intermittent Stutter / FPS Drop Issue

RAM: 8GB
Graphics Cards: 2x AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series (Crossfire linked)
Processor: Intel Core i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz
Hard Drive: 140 GB free of 240 GB (solid state)

I get intermittent stutter issues / frame rate drops where my game play will go from smooth, to choppy. The chopiness lasts for 5-15 seconds, goes away, then comes back a little later. It is very frustrating because NO other game I play on this computer seems to have this issue.

Here are some troubleshooting steps I have taken:
1. Made sure graphics cards were up to date
2. Disabled Crossfire
3. Tried every combination of D3 Video Settings, so please don't suggest something like this unless you think it will truly help (using the absolute lowest settings seems to help a LITTLE BIT, but doesn't solve it)
4. Tried using Razer Game Booster
5. Made sure NO OTHER program was running while playing D3
6. Made sure my Internet connection was great (always less than 80ms ping in D3)

None of the steps above seemed to solve the issue. Please can someone help me? Once again, this happens in no other game.

Thank you!
Edited by svcghost#1514 on 1/23/2013 4:59 PM PST
Reply Quote
How am I supposed to get answers if my thread is so old without answers?
Reply Quote
I get the same problem as you and still trying to find an answer. My gf has a pc that behaves a little worst than mine in other games but it doesn't have this problem I have so I think it's definitely a problem related to D3/AMD/Radeon/64bits OS... something around those lines.
Edited by Norseman#2847 on 3/17/2013 4:02 AM PDT
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]