Diablo® III

Barbs say One with Everything is overpowered

So after thinking about it, I want to hear people's opinions.
Out of all the barbs passives, which ones would you trade OwE for?
I don't intend to start a flaming thread, but I seriously would like to know how other monks think. OwE comes with many problems too, so it's hardly a desirable skill because it limits the gear by SO MUCH... but why OwE is not as good as it looks like is a discussion for another thread.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/class/barbarian/passive/

Pound of Flesh
Increases the chance of finding a health globe by 25% and you gain 100% additional Life from health globes.

Ruthless
Critical Hit Chance increased by 5%. Critical Hit Damage increased by 50%.
Many skills and runes rely on Critical Hits to trigger their effects.

Nerves Of Steel
Your Armor is increased by 100% of your Vitality.

Weapons Master (adapted to monk weapons of course)
Gain a bonus based on the weapon type of your main hand weapon:
Swords/Daggers: 15% increased damage
Maces/Axes: 10% Critical Hit Chance
Polearms/Spears: 10% attack speed
Mighty Weapons: 3 Fury per hit

Inspiring Presence (adapted for monks too somehow)
The duration of your shouts is doubled. After using a shout you regenerate 2% of your maximum Life per second for 60 seconds.

Berserker Rage
You inflict an additional 25% damage while at maximum Fury.

Bloodthirst
Gain 3% of all damage done as Life.

Animosity
Increases Fury generation by 20% and maximum Fury is increased by 20.
Fury is used to fuel your most powerful attacks.

Superstition
Reduces all non-Physical damage by 20%. Whenever you take damage from a ranged or elemental attack, you have a chance to gain 3 Fury.

Tough as Nails
Increases Armor by 25%.
Thorns damage dealt increased by 50%.

No Escape (adapted for monks)
Increases the damage of Ancient Spear and Weapon Throw by 10%. In addition, a Critical Hit with Ancient Spear resets the cooldown while Critical Hits with Weapon Throw have a chance to return 14 Fury.

Relentless
While below 20% Life, all skills cost 75% less Fury and all damage taken is reduced by 50%.

Brawler
As long as there are 3 enemies within 8 yards, all of your damage is increased by 30%.

Juggernaut
The duration of control impairing effects on you is reduced by 20%. In addition, whenever a Stun, Fear, Immobilize or Charm is cast on you, you have a chance to recover 15% of your maximum Life.

Unforgiving (this one is like some of our skills already)
You no longer degenerate Fury. Instead, you gain 2 Fury every 1 seconds.

Boon of Bul-Kathos (adapted for monks)
The cooldown on your Earthquake, Call of the Ancients, and Wrath of the Berserker skills is reduced by 30 seconds.

Personally I would trade ANY of our passives for these:

Ruthless
Nerves Of Steel
Weapons Master
Nerves Of Steel
Berserker Rage
Bloodthirst
Animosity
Superstition (It's better than our 20% reduction skill too)
Tough as Nails

Ruthless would be an amazing dps boost for me, same thing with weapons master. bloodthirst would help me get a decent weapon without Life Steal (current dps for one my weapons is 720 because of limited options if I want LS, socket, crit dmg, and some dex)
Reply Quote
Ruthless or Bloodthirst hands down. I mean wtf..

They get LIFE STEAL as a Passive... OH wait they get CC and CD as a Passive too!
Reply Quote
Yeah, if I could get life steal as a passive, I could drop it on my offhand and get a much higher DPS weapon without paying out the wazoo. Trying to maintain life steal on a weapon alongside CD and a socket is bad enough, trying to get dex, or over 1k dps on one is bank breaking.

Also, 5% CC/50% CD...christ, that's....20k dps for free. Little over that actually. That's a hell of a lot better then getting some extra resists
Reply Quote
I do think OWE is a very strong passive for monk.

At least for me, I won't trade ~300 resist all for any of their passive...

300 resist all for nerves of steel or tough as nails for around 1000-1500 armor?
why you want to do this?

maybe you want more DPS, but in high MP, I prefer ~300resist all then 5CC and 50CD or 10CC from weapon master...

the only thing I may consider is Bloodthirst, i can save the money from getting LS in weapon, but I am not sure the money I saved is enough for me to get 300resist all in other items...that's not easy.

I would say if your OWE is only contribute <200 resist all, you may want to trade it with Brab's passive...but like me, >300, i would like to have OWE...

The real thing that make brab so OP is...i personally think that they get 3%LS from BELT.
Reply Quote
Juggernaut.
Reply Quote
300 resist all for nerves of steel or tough as nails for around 1000-1500 armor?
why you want to do this?

only because OwE limits the gear choices so badly. I actually think it's a bad skill.
Unfortunately necessary for monks when at lower levels to survive as much as a barb at lower levels though.

I don't see barbs dying too much, do you? and they don't have OwE. Because they don't need it with all their passive and active skills. Not to mention their str gives them armor instead of dodge. Anyways, as I said before, this is a subject for another thread.
Reply Quote
OwE is a trade-off. The only reason why it is considered good is because only monks have it and no other class has it, and thus consequently equipment with dual-resists are actually useful to us and the other advantage we are less costly to gear for.

If we did not have OwE, we would compete with Demon Hunters for gear and thus, it would become even more expensive to gear for it through the AH.

Single elemental resist is one of the affix/itemisation decisions made by the D3 dev team that do not make sense given the larger picture of the D3 item hunt end-game.

Consider this, the all-resist affix is able to roll up to 80, while the ceiling for elemental resist is 60. Ask yourself why aside from perhaps physical resistance, would anyone sacrifice an affix slot for a single elemental resistance when you can hunt for another item that has primary+vit roll.

Monks who make the decision to discard single elemental resist in OwE do so in knowing that they now have a free affix slot to get other affixes, while having to compete with others on the AH to locate high all-resist items.
Reply Quote
Problem with trading OWE with a barb skill is the fact barbs get OWE on their gear. Barbs gear has all resist on it, what monk set item has all resist as a base roll?

Basically monks need high resist. We rely on taking minimal damage, by dodging it or resisting any elemental. We have no armor so getting hit hurts, and we have no real way other then from items to get that life back. LPSS and MoH are junk, MoH still hasn't been buffed back after it was nerfed, and wouldn't even be use full if it was buffed back up.

Barbs get high armor, high resists from gear, soo many different ways to get health back, overpower bloodlust revenge etc etc. 3% life steal from an armor slot no other class gets, 3% life steal from a passive... Barbs have everything without even trying. A monk has to take LS on weapons, a barb can use that roll for another 100% crit damage to buff how much life they steal even more. Barbs are so easy to gear compared to monks.
Reply Quote
View profile
I personally would trade it for Weapons Master because it offers the most diversity while still remaining viable.
Reply Quote
I would take Superstition changed to Life per Spirit Spent now triggers on successful dodges as well using 1\2 of player dodge percentage as spirit spent. If 3 dodge's in succession then heal all players within 40 yards.

I'd like another way to take advantage of our unique healing system and i hate how we are a party friendly class but can only have 1 party heal with terrible scaling. It would also be nice to benefit from dodge and increase the attractiveness of LpSS.
Reply Quote
Why is this even a thread?

Have you seen their passives? Wtf.

edit: IF OWE WAS SO GOOD IT WOULD BE THE #1 PASSIVE EVEN AFTER STI WAS NERFED BY 50% ... EXCEPT OH WAIT, IT'S NOT.

tell your barb fanbois to !@#$ and l2think
Edited by Piffle#1874 on 1/19/2013 11:18 PM PST
Reply Quote

Everyone above this line got trolled.
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 11:16 PMPosted by Piffle
Why is this even a thread?

I took the opportunity to plug a change to LpSS. Not a fan of OwE and would gladly trade it. AND since SUPPOSEDLY blizzard is looking at changing OwE anyways ... why not shamelessly plug? :)
Reply Quote

I'm drunk, I am absolved of all trollings.
Reply Quote
View profile

The top of every letter in your name is above the line :)
Reply Quote
Dumb Barbs say what?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]