Diablo® III

How expensive to make a 200k dps, 1M ehp DH?

Hi, I was wondering how expensive it would be to upgrade my current gear to get 1M EHP. I have 500k unbuffed EHP at the moment and I already have the 200k dps, what is needed to go further gold wise?
Reply Quote
honestly, your guess is as good as mine, but I would say at LEAST 2B more. 1M EHP is not a easy task to achieve?
Reply Quote
500k with dodge%

you'd need another +200 all resistance, +500 armor and +10k life to get 1m with dodge%

80 all resistance Innas with dex/vit
dex/vit 80 ar, +300 armor bracers with 6crit%
dex/vit nats cloak with 80 ar
DML with more like 300 vit

what ^ stuff cost 300m?
Edited by zoid#1554 on 1/20/2013 3:54 PM PST
Reply Quote
i just realized that you're blowing a lot of item budgets on disc pieces. Do you find that having an extra 40-50 Disc is that important?

you could change that out for Vitality/AR instead on most pieces, or just a ton of vitality on your quiver.

My guess is that you're looking at a LOT of gold to upgrade to 1M. 2billion as I said before might be over the mark, but I don't think I'm too far off.
Reply Quote
500k with dodge%

you'd need another +200 all resistance, +500 armor and +10k life to get 1m with dodge%

80 all resistance Innas with dex/vit
dex/vit 80 ar, +300 armor bracers with 6crit%
dex/vit nats cloak with 80 ar
DML with more like 300 vit

what ^ stuff cost 300m?

Thanks for the ideas; however, Inna's legs can only roll one extra affix so it's either vit or all res. Next, the bracers you describe are in the 1-2B range and none exist with armor on AH. Next, the nat's cloak you describe would require me to sacrifice the +10 discipline possible. And finally, the 300+ vit DML would also sacrifice the +10 discipline which I believe is a key component to being able to PVP successfully!
Reply Quote
It's expensive. I'm trying to actually get up to 1m eHP. And my gear is 2b at least.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 03:24 PMPosted by Oscar
honestly, your guess is as good as mine, but I would say at LEAST 2B more. 1M EHP is not a easy task to achieve?

If it's 1m eHP counting dodge it really shouldn't be that hard. Pretty sure you could build a DH from nothing for less then 2B to get to 200k dps and 1m eHP.
Reply Quote
Adding dodge in is a huge game changer when calculating EHP. The only classes that would do this are Monks and Demon hunters since we stack dex and we can inflate our numbers tremendously by adding in our dodge percentages.

Edit: For the record, counting my dodge and Perfectionist, I only have about 300 AR and I'm at just under 1M EHP according to my Dretar's Spreadsheet. My DH is probably worth a little over 1B
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/20/2013 5:26 PM PST
Reply Quote
Upgraded my gloves and got 3k more dps and 4k more hp. But that cost me ~200M! Next, I think I need to upgrade my amulet to one similar but with more vitality and all res and/or life%. Also, I think I could use new bracers or perhaps Strongarm Bracers would be ok (less dps though). Lastly, I think a better Inna's Temperance with 180 or so Vitality would give me the EHP I need to be comfortable in PVP. I don't want to sacrifice any discipline as I will be running with 78 max!
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 03:59 PMPosted by Iria
Next, the nat's cloak you describe would require me to sacrifice the +10 discipline possible

just my two cents but do you really need that extra disc? you already have +20 for the set, and if you swap out vengeance for night stalker with your crit you would have little to no disc. problems.

Maybe your play style works better for you, but I'm curious if you have tried going that route.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 01:46 AMPosted by GaiusTavarus
Next, the nat's cloak you describe would require me to sacrifice the +10 discipline possible

just my two cents but do you really need that extra disc? you already have +20 for the set, and if you swap out vengeance for night stalker with your crit you would have little to no disc. problems.

Maybe your play style works better for you, but I'm curious if you have tried going that route.

Yeah, for PVE you are right. For PVP, discipline is everything. Nightstalker is worthless in PVP, you will hardly ever hit enough times to crit more than a few times a minute. The best passives for PVP: Tactical Advantage (Must have), Steady Aim (Good), Perfectionist (Very Good), Sharpshooter (Good), Ballistics (Good with Strafe), Archery (Not bad) , etc.
Reply Quote
Manti/DML will get you started in the right direction...
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 02:32 AMPosted by DaFemaleBoss
Manti/DML will get you started in the right direction...

I already have those. I can't get a much hgher DPS main weapon without losing the 100+ vitality. Next, a DML only gets one extra affix, so it is either the discipline or more dexterity and vitality. I choose discipline!
Reply Quote
bracers and inna pants with more vit
Reply Quote
It would cost at least 5 bil. ignore these people. I have over 200k and have been fighting for 1 mil ehp. ITS NOT CHEAP
Reply Quote
I am pretty good at finding pretty good gear for cheap (cheaper). Add me, and I'll try to help
Reply Quote
I'm selling better bracers if you want to make me an offer (you can see them on the rmah right now but I will take gold offers)

175dex
6cc
66allres
109int
Reply Quote
I'd say that 70+ ar strongarm bracers is a good alternative, with budget in mind. You lose 1% crit but gain life and armour.

If you haven't already you could replace your hf ring with either Litany (potentially the same dps but also elite damage reduction which is +7,5% ehp alone, all res and life regen) or another ring with good defensive stats.

Another option is to get a soj and replace the disc on another item with allres/vit, it would also increase your dps quite a bit. I haven't done the math but it would probably allow you to cut a bit of dps elsewhere. One example of how to use this is to replace WH with Innas, which is expensive if you want allres, but would probably not impact dps too much and add a noticeable amount of ehp.

Elite damage bonus/reduction doesn't currently work in pvp but according to a blue post it will.
Reply Quote
I think you can probably do it for less than 2B. How much do you think I'm worth? Maybe 3B retail? (That's mostly a guess. I added up what I actually paid for all my gear and it came out to be about 1.8B + manticore which was a drop and excluding hellfire which of course is crafted but I got some good deals I think.)

And that gives you 50K DPS worth of buffer to find cheaper stuff (not to mention you could probably up both my DPS and EHP significantly by buying a good 100M ring instead of my hellfire).

On the other hand, prices seem to be a little wacky now and volume is way down so prices are up (ever since the last wave of bot bans), so maybe it's not possible to do anymore.

Edit: I forgot gems. So add another 7x whatever you think radiants are going for these days. My actual cost on the 7 was probably around 70M due to the duping that went on for a while and gems got really cheap.
Edited by skp#1805 on 1/21/2013 9:41 AM PST
Reply Quote
I think it would be more like 2b to nail those benchmarks for sure

saw a 76 AR version of your nats helm for 800m
saw a 70-80 AR nats rings similar to yours another 800m
saw bracers+gloves which would give you another 40 ar like 300 armor 50 vit and 30 dex = 550m together

although I think you should ditch the withcing for a innas belt for the 130dex boost and it will have more armor, get it with AR as well i think that was like 120m

2.1b
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]