Diablo® III

How expensive to make a 200k dps, 1M ehp DH?

I don't know if this helps, but I'm at 100K DPS and 1M EHP and hope to get to 200K DPS eventually. Here's what I've spent so far all from in-game gold:

Mempo - 10M
Shoulders - 3M
Ammy - 6M
Cloak - 5M
Gloves - 11M
Bracers - 3M
Belt - Found, but previous rare belt was 1M
Rare ring - 250K
Nat ring - 21M
Pants - 3M
Nat boots - 50M
Danetta's Spite - 42M
Danetta's Revenge - 27M

Current total approx 182M.

To get to 200K DPS with the same EHP, I'd want to upgrade to a high-end Calamity or Manticore and DML. With the EHP gains on the DML, I could sacrifice EHP on the jewelry by switching to my Hellfire (damage, dex, crit chance, crit damage) and get a good DPS ammy (not cheap). Can gain more dex on the shoulders without sacrificing EHP by getting a Vile Ward with lots of vit and/or life, but that would be 100M+. Cloak can be upgraded for high dex and vit and sacrifice the discipline. Bracers could switch to good Strongarms with high EHP. Gems need upgrading for more DPS and life. Gain paragon levels for more dex and vit.
Reply Quote
Adding dodge in is a huge game changer when calculating EHP. The only classes that would do this are Monks and Demon hunters since we stack dex and we can inflate our numbers tremendously by adding in our dodge percentages.

Edit: For the record, counting my dodge and Perfectionist, I only have about 300 AR and I'm at just under 1M EHP according to my Dretar's Spreadsheet. My DH is probably worth a little over 1B

I'm pretty sure OP is talking about 1m eHP unbuffed. It'll cost significantly more that being the case.

Check this guy out: http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/janz7777-1521/scuderia/22240093. He has 1.2m eHP. I know his dps is pretty insane too, but conceptually, this is the type of gear you want to look for.
Reply Quote
Wow, thanks a lot for the great responses! Here are some of my replies:

Regarding my Hellfire Ring, I have that ring slot reserved for a Stone of Jordan, so I cannot get any EHP from that slot. Next, I will reconsider Inna's Favor as a belt alternative, thanks for that idea! The gloves I got recently won't need to be changed as they are very good. The only particular slots I am seeking upgrades currently in are: Bracers, Amulet, Natalya's Embrace, and Inna's Temperance. The other slots will cost 300M+ for any reasonable upgrade.

Attack speed isn't very useful in PVP due to moving and retreating targets, so I want my damage from non-attack speed sources. Also, I do not wish to sacrifice any discipline as that is a key component to PVP.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Iria
Attack speed isn't very useful in PVP due to moving and retreating targets, so I want my damage from non-attack speed sources.

True, but attack speed also affects your rate of hatred generation (when firing your hatred generator) which I assume would be useful in PvP. It also affects how often you can apply CC affects like stun.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/21/2013 2:45 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 02:41 PMPosted by Fatum
Attack speed isn't very useful in PVP due to moving and retreating targets, so I want my damage from non-attack speed sources.

True, but attack speed also affects your rate of hatred generation (when firing your hatred generator) which I assume would be useful in PvP. It also affects how often you can apply CC affects like stun.

Yes, hatred is good. But once the CC reductions are in place (currently not working correctly on PTR) stuns and the like won't be very useful.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:28 PMPosted by Iria
Yes, hatred is good. But once the CC reductions are in place (currently not working correctly on PTR) stuns and the like won't be very useful.

Oh, I wouldn't go so far as to say that. The CC reduction will only be 30%. A 30% reduction on Bola Thunder Ball's 1.5 second stun would then be 1 second. That's still pretty useful. You could still perma-stun someone with enough APS.

3. There is also an inherent 30% CC reduction in player vs. player which is not currently working on the PTR. So, a 4 second stun should only last 2.8 seconds in PvP combat. This can, of course, be combined with CC reduction from gear and skills.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7593741962
Reply Quote
Don't forget about the 2nd bullet too!

2. The CC reduction rules that apply to Elite monsters in Inferno should also apply against players. Much like Elite monsters in Inferno, players will cap out at 65% CC reduction (with CC effects less than 0.5 seconds being ignored). These values are subject to change or go through different iterations as the PTR continues.

So perma-stun isn't viable.
Reply Quote
And yet despite these restrictions, elites in Inferno can still be virtually perma-stunned. I think stun will still be quite viable, and the counter will be CC reduction gear and CC escaping skills like Smoke Screen. Of course we're just conjecturing since things may change, but I doubt they'd make CC skills useless.

These values are subject to change or go through different iterations as the PTR continues.
Edited by Fatum#1415 on 1/21/2013 5:21 PM PST
Reply Quote
Impact impale with high aps can lock up a player really well if they have enough hp to keep eating them
Reply Quote
Knockback is unaffected, no? Because Windforce+cinder arrows and/or chemical burn (130% and 200% proc rate) is pretty good at keeping barbs away.
Reply Quote
I'm getting there, I spent around 300M over the last few days to get to:

DPS Unbuffed: 189,505.57
EHP Unbuffed: 727,699

I now need a better amulet but all the decent ones are 300M+ >.< and I also could use a better Natalya's Embrace with 10 discipline, 70+ all resistance, and Impale cost -4 or 5. I have a SoJ with Impale cost -4 and 10 more discipline so I will have 78 maximum! I think, any future major upgrades would cost me some discipline as well as a fortune ._. I guess I'll have to settle with 1M EHP with Perfectionist (1M+ EHP unbuffed while keeping over 70 discipline is crazy difficult).

I want my DH to get to the point where opponents don't go:

Heh, keep on trying bro! :P

and instead go:

OMGWTF DH UNFAIR (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Edited by Iria#1342 on 1/22/2013 12:36 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Rough estimate - 2bn
Reply Quote
Can anyone find a good amulet that will increase my EHP and keep by DPS for around 100M-200M? I'm thinking along the lines of something like I already have but with 70 all resist. Also, are there any +70 all resist, +10 max discipline, Impale cost -4 or 5 Natalya's Embraces out there? I can't seem to find anything on the AH, or the mess which is the trade forum. :(
Reply Quote
AH is lagging on me, I can't even search, but I will tell you how I would search if it helps. .

You might be able to find an ammy similar to yours with higher dex, try searching for life % if nothing comes up for vit. Add more dex and your EHP will go up, if you can find one with some res on it, strength or armor it will go up more.

You could also decrease the amount of CD in the search if you can find an amulet with good avg damage and not lose any dps. Just check it before you buy to make sure.
Reply Quote
You probably know already but D3up.com has a calculator that breaks down stats, and will tell you how much each point to certain stats will add to your EHP.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]