Part 2 has hit its post limit so i just wanted to start another

Original threads:

S&B Part 1:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200084300?page=1 - The thread was full

S&B Part 2:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7415495746?page=1 - The thread was full
Reply Quote
View profile
thanks powpow! time flies we are already in part 3! hey wanna quick duel now before i sleep?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/22/2013 04:01 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984
@fabbypowpow - hey man sorry i havent much time playing recently, been flat out busy at work and at home, i will spend time with you maybe tomorrow if you like to practice, i havent tried WD Yet so im keen to learn duelling with you.

@Nike, its cool bro. I know we all have busy lives. We'll duel when you have some time

ok i think i played like 9 hours of ptr pvp today and i relentlessly destroyed everyone the entire time i mean it wasnt even close at all i think i died 3 times and it was just to wd's cuz i was sitting in hex with ignore pain on cooldown

The utility of 5 piece ik and unforgiving is too good to pass up and allows me to survive situations where i normally would of died in my previous gearset simply because i can sprint marathon infinately and run my !@# away better than any olympic runner and line of sight hide until ignore pain is back up while regenning hp the entire time thanks to inspirince presence.

My only regret is my ptr toon didnt copy properly and i didnt have my new dps rings so i was stuck using justice lanterns the whole time but im really excited to test a litany and a minus wep throw soj combo.

Even with unforgiving and the fury generation of 5 piece ik its still a bit tricky managing your fury. that 100 fury goes by fast especially after missing a few wep throws and a rend or 2. I plan on maximizing fury with IK set + soj and continue to use unforgiving. Im having a lot of fun cant wait till pvp goes live.

edit: heres the spec i was using i would change juggernaut out with nerves of steel depending on if my opponents had a lot of cc or not. In 1v1 certain things would change like i dont really need leap for monks so i would use battle rage for more dps, etc

us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#fcUikX!Tch!babZcY

Ive had pretty much same experience been playing contantly for a couple days with very rare deaths just massacring ppl with wd getting me ignore pain on cd sometimes. Regen with sprint marathon are your best friend! lol .. I am in the middle of re gearing now towards 5 pc ik for more fury as well.

People who say barbs are bad at pvp are clueless

I'm glad that you guys are figuring out some build and gear combos that are working for you. i still think that barbs will lose against top WD's and legacy nats DH's...but at least you are now getting competitive
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 08:08 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
thanks powpow! time flies we are already in part 3! hey wanna quick duel now before i sleep?

Mate, I can't right now lol...i'm at work. What timezone are you in? Are you in the UK?

I'm in the eastern time zone (North East NA)
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy

I'm online right now if you want to discuss the chest.
Reply Quote
View profile
@Nikeboy

I'm online right now if you want to discuss the chest.

hey Cel, sorry man i already got one just a while ago, I'm wearing it now, got for 400m... i will let u know if someone would be interested to your chest.

cheers,

nike
Reply Quote
Wow Nike that's a nice chest.

I am slowly saving up for a new one :D. Just deciding if I want to aim for 200+ vit or 90 vit and 10+% life.
Reply Quote
View profile
Wow Nike that's a nice chest.

I am slowly saving up for a new one :D. Just deciding if I want to aim for 200+ vit or 90 vit and 10+% life.

thanks man, i think i got it cheap for 400m, btw the last time i wear an ik armor was pre 1.0.4 and worn by my male barb back in the days. After that i upgraded from Rare Armor to BT Surcoat, and just for pvp i will be wearing an ik chest once again to get the fury bonus.

Nike
Reply Quote
I haven't tried PvP yet because I know if I play on PTR I will try to craft some amulets which will end up resulting in a GG one that I cant use on main server.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 08:50 AMPosted by xxxkan
I haven't tried PvP yet because I know if I play on PTR I will try to craft some amulets which will end up resulting in a GG one that I cant use on main server.

if you want to play on ptr don't spend too much time on crafting those new stuff because you will experience that after the go live and focus more on duelling, by doing so you will learn and see what your weakness and strengths are then go from there in the real server.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 08:12 AMPosted by fabbyhunter

Mate, I can't right now lol...i'm at work. What timezone are you in? Are you in the UK?

I'm in the eastern time zone (North East NA)

thats ok man, im in Australia, its 1am here now, got to go now and be a real barbarian if you know what i mean.

cyah

Nike
Reply Quote
The main problem I have with the five piece IK set is that the bonus doesn't generate fury involuntarily, but via your hits and incoming hits. In addition, I really don't think that the Immortal King's Helm or Strides are BIS any more -- it's the Mempo of Twilight and Ice Climbers.

Fury generation is an issue, but I was talking to another well known Barbarian about some of the passives and instead of say, Juggernaut, he went with Superstition. It generates a great deal of fury off elemental damage from Witch Doctors, Monks, Wizards; it's a great passive in place of Unforgiving because the Barb can take so much damage (providing he doesn't stand still).
Reply Quote
Hi guys

I wanna commend everyone from previous SNB threads because i find the SNB community inviting and willing to help. Much more then the DW or 2hand communities.

I'm looking for advice. I want to get a new weapon but my budget of about 300mil is limiting me i think. Or is my weapon fine and i need to work on my other gear?

Im not looking to increase my EHP even tho only 1m sort of low for SNB. I do ok in MP10 but i want more dps and sustain.

My playstyle is very casual. I will probly farm more then pvp but i wont avoid pvp. I want a gearset where i can do both without changing much but the skills

Thanks for any help

EDIT: oops sorry my profile has rage up... my standing sheet dps with current passives is around 152k
Edited by vict3r#1515 on 1/23/2013 9:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
@vict3r damn bro.. nice ms ice climbers!

id say invest in a good StormShield.. higher end cc (9+) and 30+ block chance.. u will lose some vit but u can afford it im sure.. the reduce damage stats should counter that somewhat anyway..

as for the rest of ur gear.. these guys have a better idea how to setup gear than i.. wait for more advise from them :)
Reply Quote
@vict3r damn bro.. nice ms ice climbers!

id say invest in a good StormShield.. higher end cc (9+) and 30+ block chance.. u will lose some vit but u can afford it im sure.. the reduce damage stats should counter that somewhat anyway..

as for the rest of ur gear.. these guys have a better idea how to setup gear than i.. wait for more advise from them :)

Thanks! I like my rare shield because the added vit and str usually out weights 10% more block on the ehp calculators I've tried. You'll notice my shield also has melee dam reduce. Although I'm not opposed to upgrading my shield I think and upgrade to my weapon or jewelry or armor is better
Reply Quote
Dabbling with SnB again, I have around 150mil to play with, a CC Stormshield is my first upgrade, after that what would you recommend?
Reply Quote
View profile
The main problem I have with the five piece IK set is that the bonus doesn't generate fury involuntarily, but via your hits and incoming hits. In addition, I really don't think that the Immortal King's Helm or Strides are BIS any more -- it's the Mempo of Twilight and Ice Climbers.

Fury generation is an issue, but I was talking to another well known Barbarian about some of the passives and instead of say, Juggernaut, he went with Superstition. It generates a great deal of fury off elemental damage from Witch Doctors, Monks, Wizards; it's a great passive in place of Unforgiving because the Barb can take so much damage (providing he doesn't stand still).

Thanks for your inputs man, most of us here have our mempo's and ice climbers in our stash for future use. cheers

Nike
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 01:47 PMPosted by Shango
Dabbling with SnB again, I have around 150mil to play with, a CC Stormshield is my first upgrade, after that what would you recommend?

@Shango - Prioritize your MH, i suggest get a rare weapone with 1.1-1.3k DPS, OS, 50% min CD, with STR and/or VIT is not a must but a cool bonus

also look for upgrading your Shoulders with the same stats but with 70+VIT

Nike
Reply Quote
I currently use a 24% block 8% crit ss. Should I get a 10% crit one even if the block is only 22%?

34% is more of a later goal :).

Edit: Was being indecisive looking at the ss with 22% Block and 10% crit for 12m... ended up not buying it and now i regret.

edit #2: 10 mins later i find this for 17m http://i45.tinypic.com/2z6wnso.jpg Seemed like a good buy
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 1/23/2013 4:16 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]