Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

02/07/2013 05:03 PMPosted by Shango

@Shango - Prioritize your MH, i suggest get a rare weapone with 1.1-1.3k DPS, OS, 50% min CD, with STR and/or VIT is not a must but a cool bonus

also look for upgrading your Shoulders with the same stats but with 70+VIT

Nike

Thanks for the advice, I"ve upgrades many slots, which slot would you recommend upgrading with 100mil max to spend?

I have dps rings that give me 73K hps and 150k dps, and a 6 28 11%frenzy SOJ.

You can probably get a nice pair of pants for that amount, I would suggest getting some with some more strength on it. Other than that, I think upgrades are going to be more than 100 mil from here on out.... thngs like CC mempos, AR Lacunis, ect, start costing a lot! Very nice barb you have going on there!
Reply Quote
When do u guys think is the best time to upgrade gems? Deciding if I want to save like crazy for crit mempo or to just upgrade my gems (not to radiants)
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 07:18 PMPosted by xxxkan
When do u guys think is the best time to upgrade gems? Deciding if I want to save like crazy for crit mempo or to just upgrade my gems (not to radiants)

Just save man, you can get much more out of your gold with other upgrades. Not sure which gems your going to upgrade to but its either +4/8 depending on how far you go (since your not getting radiants) and you get close to that with just paragon leveling...... so no brainer here, just save up for that CC mempo.
Reply Quote
02/07/2013 04:23 PMPosted by BALLER

reflect hurts me when i run around 7,4 k armor (i.e.: without tough as nails) and NO lifesteal at all. it doesnt bother me at all once i am over 9 k armor and use an ik belt.

Okay awesome, so it seems like 9k is the good range to be for reflect mitigation.

Any other testers out there are appreciated as well.

@BALLER

I went back to try yesterday evening after your enlightenment:

1. Increase my armour and AR with IK chest/belt & WC & Iron to be 800AR & 10500 Armor

2. I can manage to fight off MP10 RD in a pack with SMASH and REND

3. But when it come down to single mob, i feel the RD is coming in again not much but definitely can feel the HP is going down

So i guess RD still coming in just that my REND save me in action and REND is not coming in when im only facing 1 mob. Still doable with 3% LS with 1k armor and 800AR but with just 6% LS i can do much comfortable with 660AR & 7k armor.

This is my side of conclusion.
Reply Quote

Okay awesome, so it seems like 9k is the good range to be for reflect mitigation.

@BALLER

1. Increase my armour and AR with IK chest/belt & WC & Iron to be 800AR & 10500 Armor

3. But when it come down to single mob, i feel the RD is coming in again not much but definitely can feel the HP is going down

So i guess RD still coming in just that my REND save me in action and REND is not coming in when im only facing 1 mob. Still doable with 3% LS with 1k armor and 800AR but with just 6% LS i can do much comfortable with 660AR & 7k armor.

Okay great, thanks for providing inputs, really appreciate it!

So just to clarify for everyone, you felt 6% life steal did much better with low armor/AR, than 3% life steal and much higher armor/AR?

Thanks again, I overthink to much at times :)
Reply Quote

@BALLER

It should come down to a matter of your LS and DR outpacing the RD damage. What I have below is based on a reflect damage percentage of 15, since that is all I could find for 1.06 (stuff I have seen says this will be nerfed in 1.07).

So in your first scenario you had 10,500 Armor and 800 AR for reductions of 76.92% and 71.74% respectfully, which equals a total DR of 93.48% for 63mlvl mobs. So for a 100k hit, 15k would initially be reflected at you, which drops to just over 977. If you have 3% LS your LS is actually 0.6% in Inferno, so you are stealing 600, leaving you with a 377 gap, or 40%. Keep in mind that LoH is applied during the hit, so before any RD damage. A LS of 5% in this scenario, get you to even.

In the second scenario you have 7,000 armor and 660 AR for reductions of 68.97% and 67.69% respectively, which equals a total DR of 89.97% for 63 mlvl mobs. Again, a 100k hit, your reductions drops the damage reflected to 1,503. 6% LS gives you 1,200 returned for a gap of 303, or 20%. A LS of 7.5% gets you to even.

So if you are hitting really hard you can see that the scenario where less armor, AR but more LS closes the gap more effectively than more armor and less LS. However, in both these scenarios you are still losing. Also, any elite damage reduction should apply as well and close the gap above. So if you elite reduction is even in the two scenarios, the second scenario is still better because the gap will be closer to being covered.
Reply Quote
View profile
How often do you see a sword like this? http://i47.tinypic.com/2mcx2qa.png

=)
Reply Quote

=)

Not bad. Not bad at all. I wish that had core stats though. And it was on hardcore.
Reply Quote
View profile

=)

Not bad. Not bad at all. I wish that had core stats though. And it was on hardcore.

yeah man, this thing would better off with marquise ruby gem...
Reply Quote

=)

Hahahaha I linked that to Crypter a couple hours ago. I think he is mad at me now for showing him there is something else he could possibly upgrade...

HOTA + higher Rend crits with that sword = wow dps and ehp sustain upgrade...
Reply Quote
Crypter is already overpowered. What more could he need to upgrade?! :crossesarms:
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 08:54 AMPosted by acrimonious
Crypter is already overpowered. What more could he need to upgrade?! :crossesarms:

Man the funny thing is, that sword is 8k RAW dps upgrade to Cryp's already insane S&B DPS. =))
Reply Quote
View profile

=)

Hahahaha I linked that to Crypter a couple hours ago. I think he is mad at me now for showing him there is something else he could possibly upgrade...

HOTA + higher Rend crits with that sword = wow dps and ehp sustain upgrade...

haha nice one man, so its your fault that you will make all of us almost pee on our pants!
Reply Quote
Some medium to high end barb items for sale:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864606611#1

Got some absolutely sick pants for sale in that thread.

Nikeboy ok'd this product placement ad. :)
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 08:54 AMPosted by acrimonious

Well there is always room for upgrades! But I can't afford this sword anyhow. All I can do is admire it from a distance. If I had 2bil I would certainly bid on it right now. What a beauty.

Was in the market for a sword like that a month ago.... ended up paying 1.2bil for my current sword. I am guessing that sword will hit the 2bil mark and could probably go beyond if AH allowed it.
Reply Quote
View profile
Some medium to high end barb items for sale:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864606611#1

Got some absolutely sick pants for sale in that thread.

Nikeboy ok'd this product placement ad. :)

Great Items Cel, anyone here looking for some upgrades based on me and BALLER's recommendations for upgrades, check out Cel's items in the stash and contact him in game if you are interested.

Nike
Reply Quote
I figured snow blower sounds closest to sword and boarder, so uhhh here you go guys: http://i.imgur.com/bNWCIbm.jpg
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 09:22 AMPosted by Crypter

Well there is always room for upgrades! But I can't afford this sword anyhow. All I can do is admire it from a distance. If I had 2bil I would certainly bid on it right now. What a beauty.

Was in the market for a sword like that a month ago.... ended up paying 1.2bil for my current sword. I am guessing that sword will hit the 2bil mark and could probably go beyond if AH allowed it.

We'll see tomorrow whats the current bid, right now still 700M+ though there is a possibility that someone might have had a safe bid on it...
Reply Quote
View profile
02/08/2013 09:31 AMPosted by acrimonious
I figured snow blower sounds closest to sword and boarder, so uhhh here you go guys: http://i.imgur.com/bNWCIbm.jpg

hahaha wtf man! thick snow, send some here, it will be around 42 degrees this coming weekend =))
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 09:33 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

hahaha wtf man! thick snow, send some here, it will be around 42 degrees this coming weekend =))

Yea, that's about 25 centimetres of snow lol

We moved the car to the other side of the street the night before, but I was too lazy to move my own. So I got boned having to blow out all that snow so I could move the car.

The snowblower actually died on me. Just as I finished the heavy duty stuff. Thank god.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]