Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

02/08/2013 10:27 PMPosted by xxxkan
So I asked this question on another thread and wanted more opinions. So I was wondering... 260+ str mempo vs 3-3.5%cc. Paper dps wise it's about the same, but I am not sure about tdps. High str is also much cheaper so money saved can be used towards other upgrades.

For me the decent cc of a crit mempo is around 4.5cc, below than that i will choose a 250+STR non-cc mempo..
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 2/8/2013 10:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/08/2013 10:29 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984
So I asked this question on another thread and wanted more opinions. So I was wondering... 260+ str mempo vs 3-3.5%cc. Paper dps wise it's about the same, but I am not sure about tdps. High str is also much cheaper so money saved can be used towards other upgrades.

For me the decent cc of a crit mempo is around 4.5cc, below than that i will choose a 250+STR non-cc mempo..

Ya I am not the type who likes saving money lol. I will probably just get a 250+ one as a temporary replacement for now. It's about a 3-4k dps increase for around 30-50m so it's not too bad.
Reply Quote
CC is better since you proc Into the Fray more to generate fury. With str, you get a tiny bit of extra armor. Probably not worth the premium for a 3-3.5cc mempo however.
Reply Quote
Well I took a look at the price difference and even a cheap 3% mempo would be 280m+ let alone 4% being 600m+ lol. A high str one I can get for around 50m which would save me about 230m for a high end IK chest.
Reply Quote
thanks guys got my new bracers! it was an 8k dps increase for me with passives on, so pretty stoked about it. PVE bracers ofcourse! Got a lot of gold back to, so it turned out alright!
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 12:27 AMPosted by BALLER
thanks guys got my new bracers! it was an 8k dps increase for me with passives on, so pretty stoked about it. PVE bracers ofcourse! Got a lot of gold back to, so it turned out alright!

Yo Baller. Interested in trading str for vit? Want to swap lacuni's?
Reply Quote
Budding SnB Barb here looking for a couple bits of advice.

I just hit 60, knew from the day I got Diablo I wanted to roll SnB, just because it's the coolest. My build so far focused on buffs and free damage, uses no fury, has worked great up to 60. But now I could use a couple pointers for where to go from here.

I've cheaply geared myself out with what I THINK should be decent starter Inferno gear (not even through Act II Hell yet, though), including a low-end Sever I got for a mere 30k! In total I think I spent 500k or less, which is great because I don't have much money!

So that brings me to my questions:
1. How are you guys making the kind of money needed to buy the fun items (Mempo, Vile Ward, IK etc.). I haven't a clue what sort of gold drops Inferno will give, but is there anything you guys did to facilitate getting the billions of gold you seem to have? Or did you just earn it while working on Paragon levels?

2. What sorts of builds are you guys finding successful that DON'T involve WW (I'm just not a fan of the WW style, I want to tank!)

3. Is it possible to build this guy up to where he can stand toe to toe with MP10 Inferno and tank it? I'm feeling like it could be if I ever managed to buy all that top end gear but I'm just curious. I haven't played on less than MP10 at all yet and I'd rather not start now! (I like a challenge more than raw speed, at least until I've cleared it all once)

Thanks for any thoughts! Feel free to give me some gear tips too if you see a red flag, lol.
Reply Quote
@Reaper: Most people get the gold from either lucky legendary drops, gold farming, or using real life money to get what they need.

Generally, almost all SnB start aiming for very high dps once they get survival down.. For you however I am going to give advice about survival only, dps will come after you start being able to take hits and get enough funds to buy the awesome toys.

Most people use storm shields with a block rating ranging from 25-30% or higher along with a lot of critical damage and hit chance. You can use any shield as long as it has a decent block chance and have stats to balance out the lower block rating, such as large amounts of strength, vitality, health regeneration or very high resistance. Life regeneration and life % also tend to work wonders, as both give you more breathing room when taking heavy damage.

Switch War Cry from Invigorate to Impunity for the Resistance bonus. You are going to need gear with Resistance to reduce damage as well, so look for pieces with All Resistance. Also it would not hurt to get pieces with Fire and Arcane resistance on top of the All Resistance, as the two most damaging abilities in the game are Arcane Orbs and Desecration Pits. Replace Over Power with Leap and use the Iron Impact Rune. A little trick is if you can time leap or charge just right, you can negate the stun effects of the ice ability some champions and packs carry. Both will also give you the ability to get out of crap as well and move faster.

Depending on how squishy you are, replace battle rage with Ignore Pain with Iron Hide. You can alternate between Ignore Pain and Leap to reduce damage by a lot. If you really want to sit in place, replace your passives with Tough as Nails, Nerves of Steel and Superstition.

Nerves of Steel turns all your Vitality into armor. So if you have 1,000 Vitality, with the passive you get 1,000 armor. Tough as Nails just increases your armor bonus by 25%, the thorn bonus is usually ignored since it often takes the place of a useful stat on gear. Superstition is a flat 20% reduction to anything that hits you that isn't physical, which also helps with magical abilities of packs and champions as well.

Since your dps is still low, keep Revenge with Provocation as that will keep you alive. If for some reason you miss, you got Charge to heal with. Your main ability you can really use anything, some use cleave, others use Frenzy, and some use Bash. Mostly personally preference instead of actual advantages.
Edited by Reversal#1911 on 2/9/2013 1:02 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 04:29 AMPosted by Crypter

Yo Baller. Interested in trading str for vit? Want to swap lacuni's?

Sup Cryp, not really man, I pretty much got these for PVE to increase my dps. I thought about getting the vit ones, but dont really need to extra HP. Your vit ones are really nice though, seen the same ones going for around a bill on the AH.
Reply Quote
hey guys. been following this thread for a while now. just wanted to ask your opinion with my gear. i want to upgrade my helm. i cant afford a crit mempo atm. so should i get a IK helm with higher STR with VIT, IK helm with AR or mempo with high STR with my current gear? if you have other advise with my gear that would be great too. thank you!
Reply Quote
@Reversal

Thanks for the tips. As it happens I had already added Impunity and Leap, though since I am not having any close calls in Act II Hell I opted not to use Iron Hide yet. I like being able to pull enemies in where I land.. Especially with that Battle Rage rune making my crits do AOE.

And I did get a cheap stormshield (if you look, it's not the greatest, but it works and it was affordable!)

The rest of your advice will probably come in handy in Act III, or in Inferno soon.

Anybody else have any thoughts, too? Just looking to learn from the community.

I did identify one thing I REALLY want that I'm missing on this new gear... pickup radius!
Edited by Reaper#12271 on 2/9/2013 2:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
02/09/2013 02:03 PMPosted by dinox
hey guys. been following this thread for a while now. just wanted to ask your opinion with my gear. i want to upgrade my helm. i cant afford a crit mempo atm. so should i get a IK helm with higher STR with VIT, IK helm with AR or mempo with high STR with my current gear? if you have other advise with my gear that would be great too. thank you!

Well your cc is high enough to where you can get away with a high strength and vit mempo. This will boost your EHP up by around 200k and dps up around 3 k unbuff.

You can make up for the loss of CC in your left ring and nail a ring with 4.5 + CC.

Otherwise either wait for a CC mempo, wouldnt get less than 4 cc though.
Reply Quote
@Reversal

Thanks for the tips. As it happens I had already added Impunity and Leap, though since I am not having any close calls in Act II Hell I opted not to use Iron Hide yet. I like being able to pull enemies in where I land.. Especially with that Battle Rage rune making my crits do AOE.

And I did get a cheap stormshield (if you look, it's not the greatest, but it works and it was affordable!)

The rest of your advice will probably come in handy in Act III, or in Inferno soon.

Anybody else have any thoughts, too? Just looking to learn from the community.

I did identify one thing I REALLY want that I'm missing on this new gear... pickup radius!

Well check out the gear on Nike, Crypter, Jook, FriendlyFade, Cel, me, ect, this is the end result in what you should be shooting for.

50 CC with buffs
400 CD with buffs
2700 Strength
70K HP
700 AR
9k Armor
1.75 APS
Higher is even better :)

This is what favorite build when my gear was more in line with yours.....

Left - Frenzy - Maniac
Right - Leap - Iron Impact (Call in works good to)
1 - Rend - Bloodlust (You can use war cry here instead, you dont benefit from rend as much when your dps is on the lower side, your resist are really high though, so you should be good with rend and no war cry)
2 - Revenge - Proc
3 - Battle Rage - Maruaders Rage
4 - Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Passives - the ones you have are great.

Just spam the hell out of revenge when your in battle and frenzy away!
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

Put together a S&B build for PVP and have been giving it a go for PVE. Any obvious spots I could look to improve?

Been playing around with a hybrid throw, rend HOTA build for fun in PVE.
Reply Quote
What...

http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/%EA%B5%AD%EC%9D%B4-3589/%EA%B5%AD%EC%9D%B4/15307167

Look at his dps unbuffed

That would be pretty cool if it was real lol.
Edited by xxxkan#1130 on 2/9/2013 5:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

Put together a S&B build for PVP and have been giving it a go for PVE. Any obvious spots I could look to improve?

Been playing around with a hybrid throw, rend HOTA build for fun in PVE.

Nice barb man!! your current setup is very good on PVE and you can roll high MP level with ease using the HOTA rend, as for PVP you may need to look at some possible improvements.

1. High Black Dmg Weapon - Spear or Mace with high min base CD of 50%, OS, main stats like STR, VIT, DEX
2. AR Increase - During my PTR testing i really found the value of AR, try to aim for 750AR+ unbuffed AR. Get it from an AR IK Iron Gloves, Litany with CD,
3. VIT Gems - Replace all your Ruby with Amethyst during pvp for additional Life boost. Also take note that when you use Nerves of Steel it will also be converted to Armour.

Nike
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7864606611

Prices lowered. The 720 armor pants are a real bargain now. I need quick cash within the next 4 hours.
Reply Quote
Thanks Baller!

I appreciate the thoughts, and I'll definitely give Rend a try. It may not be optimal at my DPS level but with my survivability being solid at the moment it couldn't hurt getting extra damage.

I just hope it doesn't take months for me to afford those high end items (really wanna see this guy tank ubers and laugh at them like my characters in the old D2 days). I used to be pretty hardcore with games like this but having a baby changes your play schedule a bit, lol.

Loving the great community SnB barbs have made, keep it up!

So what do you guys think you would buy first in my shoes?
Edited by Reaper#12271 on 2/9/2013 7:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
Baller suggested to me that i add my 2cents to this post too as i am a SnB type barbarian hell bent for pvp supremacy!

@Saxon, Perhaps consider swapping our your Blackthorns pants for rare ones with 100+ Strength, 200+ Vitality, 60+ All resist and 2 socket. Damage might be lost, but if you socket it with 2 vita gems the gain in life and resist will help you more. I would like to see your AR up around 720+ unbuffed. AR is very important for pvp survival.

Another option I think you could also get 60+AR Blackthorns without sockets but with 270+ vitality as well for an alternative. I'm not sure exactly what Blackthorns pants come with but i think you can get high vita / high ar / no socket pants at a good price now. You will have to search the AH to see how much vita you can get on blackthorns with 60+ AR. Compare and weigh out the prices in gold/RMAH to rare ones that are similar.

-Pro.

PS: Anybody know why DProgress isn't counting my 9% Block on the SS?
Reply Quote
@Reaper

I think for now you can keep the gloves, shield, and shoulders. Everything else is pretty bad and should be replaced as soon as possible. Weapon should probably be first priority since it has the greatest impact, but look to replace everything else except the 3 slots I mentioned which are tolerable for the short term but obviously not close to end game.

Don't be afraid to farm MP0-1 until you build up your funds for meaningful upgrades. You can go to the new players thread where there are plenty of people who give away gear or otherwise give help and advice to newbies.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281210
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]