Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

Thanks Celanian,

although you made me feel lame lol. (in Hell mode I feel like a god, so I probably need the wake-up call for Inferno).

Quick weapon question since Cel mentioned it:

Is the proc on Sever any use in Inferno? I assume the massive super-crits you get on killing blows would make for great lifesteal even with the Inferno LS penalty just because you are hitting for so much, but I notice none of you guys with great gear seem to be using any legendary weapons. Is that just because it's easier to find a good rare or are the rares just flat out better?
Reply Quote
To me, rares offer more than legendary weapons.
Also, sometimes have less of a price tag that comes along with being orange or green.

Sever can only go up to 1000 or 1100 dps, which is good, but there is not much room for improvement in a "top of the line" sever. When other types of one handed weapons go up to 1300+ dps, that makes sever and inferior weapon choice. Its a matter of preference and affordability. If you can't afford a 1300+ Mace then chances are a 800-1000 dps one will do just fine ;)

One does not need to have insane gear to farm mp0-1-2 with efficiency. If your new to barbarian, i suggest you get a mace or axe in main hand so you get an extra 10% Critical chance bonus from the passive weapon master.

(also a reason why many barbs don't use sever, its a sword).

the barbs that are using swords (like me) have enough CC where extra CC from the passive is not necessary anymore and a sword provides me more damage then if i got a comparable mace or axe.
Reply Quote
Makes sense. Professor seems like a good name for you, lol.

Personally, though, I have a thing for swords and just feel the need to use one so that's why I was looking at those specifically. I wish Azurewrath didn't suck. Seems like a waste of such a neat item design. Right now I have 44% unbuffed CC so I feel like I can hopefully get away with using a sword. Hopefully as I upgrade other stats I can keep the CC from dropping much
Reply Quote
Thanks guys! Great group of guys here helping out . I have a 130 str, 194 vit, 80AR, 2 socket pair of pants sitting in my inventory. I agree, those may be the ticket for PVP for EHP. I've also got the vit gems waiting for pvp too, to sub in.

Funny how much we have to alter our setup for PVP vs. other classes (PVE vs. PVP).

Can't wait of PVP to go live!

- I'll be looking out for that slower - high dmg/ high CD spear/mace for PVP.
Edited by Saxon#1252 on 2/9/2013 11:30 PM PST
Reply Quote

This is what favorite build when my gear was more in line with yours.....

Left - Frenzy - Maniac
Right - Leap - Iron Impact (Call in works good to)
1 - Rend - Bloodlust (You can use war cry here instead, you dont benefit from rend as much when your dps is on the lower side, your resist are really high though, so you should be good with rend and no war cry)
2 - Revenge - Proc
3 - Battle Rage - Maruaders Rage
4 - Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Passives - the ones you have are great.

Just spam the hell out of revenge when your in battle and frenzy away!

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the advice here and re-post it in the hopes other noob barbs will see it. I tried your build suggestion and am loving it!

Kills fast-ish, fun playstyle, and very relaxed gameplay. My keybinds are different since I have all skills bound to mouse buttons (got 3 side buttons, perfect for this game) and I did go with Leap-Call (like you said I have enough resist already), but otherwise it's the same setup and it's great.

Thanks for taking the time to actually look at my barb and tailor the advice accordingly. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.
Reply Quote
@Baller Thanks.
Reply Quote

This is what favorite build when my gear was more in line with yours.....

Left - Frenzy - Maniac
Right - Leap - Iron Impact (Call in works good to)
1 - Rend - Bloodlust (You can use war cry here instead, you dont benefit from rend as much when your dps is on the lower side, your resist are really high though, so you should be good with rend and no war cry)
2 - Revenge - Proc
3 - Battle Rage - Maruaders Rage
4 - Wrath of the Berserker - Insanity

Passives - the ones you have are great.

Just spam the hell out of revenge when your in battle and frenzy away!

Hey just wanted to say thanks for the advice here and re-post it in the hopes other noob barbs will see it. I tried your build suggestion and am loving it!

Kills fast-ish, fun playstyle, and very relaxed gameplay. My keybinds are different since I have all skills bound to mouse buttons (got 3 side buttons, perfect for this game) and I did go with Leap-Call (like you said I have enough resist already), but otherwise it's the same setup and it's great.

Thanks for taking the time to actually look at my barb and tailor the advice accordingly. You are a gentleman and a scholar, sir.

Nice man, glad you are enjoying that build.... its my ATF (All Time Fav), I spent a very long time with that build, then eventually moved onto SWW build for leveling and hota/rend for ubers and is my current farming method as well. I think the build your doing is great, revenge does a lot more damage than people think and AOE damage at that, which can be very effective for bustin up mobs.
Reply Quote
who needs a new stormshield? I dont have the best one but a 33% block, 50 phys resist one just dropped and would rather give it to one of you guys who will use it for a while and eventually upgrade to a CC one. First one to reply gets it....
Reply Quote
View profile
02/10/2013 02:23 AMPosted by BALLER
who needs a new stormshield? I dont have the best one but a 33% block, 50 phys resist one just dropped and would rather give it to one of you guys who will use it for a while and eventually upgrade to a CC one. First one to reply gets it....

man i know someone who would need that the most hold on...

EDIT: nvm mate, i was actually thinking for giving it to Maegor who just recently back since 1.0.3-1.0.4, but it looks like he already got an SS.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 2/10/2013 3:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
There is an issue with Stormshield not giving you the 9% block on your b.net profile. I'm not sure what it is but its giving it to me on Dprogress now on the left margin but not on the tooltip. Just wanted to make sure everybody is aware of this. Stormshield isn't broken, the tooltip on b.net profile is for this item.
Edited by Professor#1152 on 2/10/2013 9:43 AM PST
Reply Quote
It's not just SS, chance to block is gone from rare shields, Helm of Command, Justice Lantern... some two and three piece set bonuses have also 'disappeared'... begs the question is a nerf or buff incoming with 1.07?
Reply Quote
I wonder how a high block % build would work in pvp? A Storm Shield, Helm of Command, Justice Lanterns. Anyone tried it in pvp?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/10/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Pwnani
I wonder how a high block % build would work in pvp? A Storm Shield, Helm of Command, Justice Lanterns. Anyone tried it in pvp?

30-34% block from SS should be enough, rings are good slot to put AR, Mainstats and DPS, while Helm are slots for IK Helm or Mempo. SOJ and Litany are also working well in PVP.

Nike
Reply Quote
So there was a blue post which hints a possibility in changing set bonuses. With this in mind will the Stormshield bug actually be real for the next upcoming patch?
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 12:14 AMPosted by xxxkan
So there was a blue post which hints a possibility in changing set bonuses. With this in mind will the Stormshield bug actually be real for the next upcoming patch?

This game is very unpredictable and lots of surprises. We'll see when the patch hits.
Reply Quote
Hey all..Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask..But could i get any advice on my build...my mate gave me a whole bunch of stuff but dont know if there is anything i can upgrade on...

I like the idea of S&B although I use a Mace lol

Thanks in Advance
Reply Quote
Hey guys, i use to play the SnB build(Frenzy, Leap, IP...) before switching to WW/DT for which still keep my old sacred shield(18 or 20 % block, 300+ str + dex + vita and 9% CC) for sentimental reason. my proposition is that i want to give it away to any new SnB barb you think need it the most for free. additionally, i got 3 SS lying on my stash that i just can't get rid of which could be used as a starter set.

BT: RazorX#2330, just advice them to send me an fr with the message "shield".
Edited by RazorX#2330 on 2/11/2013 6:05 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/10/2013 03:03 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

EDIT: nvm mate, i was actually thinking for giving it to Maegor who just recently back since 1.0.3-1.0.4, but it looks like he already got an SS.

Thanks for thinking of me Nike. Yeah I found a cheap one with cc on it, but it doesn't have a great block % - 25, so there is plenty of room for upgrade. I have actually managed to get my gear up to what I consider respectable (I can farm mp2 without any problems) for less than 5 mil total spent on it. Do you guys think I should start saving up for a better weapon now, better chest, better pants or a new ring? My gut is saying save up for a 1100+ weapon.
Reply Quote
View profile
02/11/2013 06:05 AMPosted by Maegor

Thanks for thinking of me Nike. Yeah I found a cheap one with cc on it, but it doesn't have a great block % - 25, so there is plenty of room for upgrade. I have actually managed to get my gear up to what I consider respectable (I can farm mp2 without any problems) for less than 5 mil total spent on it. Do you guys think I should start saving up for a better weapon now, better chest, better pants or a new ring? My gut is saying save up for a 1100+ weapon.

No worries mate, we are here to help, your current SS is really good as a start as long as it has some decent block% and cc. Your next move should definitely the MH weapon, get something with 1.1K+ DPS with OS and core stats, with additional CD is preferred. You will benefit from a DPS increase as well as to improve your Life Sustain, because the higher the damage you can do the more efficient LS will be. Goodluck with the MH hunt!

Nike
Reply Quote
I'm curious to find out what an average ratio for dps gain is for most snb barbs. For example, on d3rawr under dps gain for me, 1%CC = 5.6%CD = 22.5 str = 1.25% ias = 17 avg damage. Obviously, those ratios will change as I add certain values to each stat, I just wondered if there is an easy "golden" formula to use for quick item comparisons.

For example on defense 1AR = 10 armor = 10 str = 10 int; if you have a 10:1 armor to AR ratio.

Edit: added avg damage increase into my dps ratios
Edited by Maegor#1377 on 2/11/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]