Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

Thanks Taross, looks like I need to buy purple gems!
Reply Quote
Hey all. I've been really enjoying the S&B and I feel my survivability is good for my level of gear. I can run mp8 with no deaths without issues, but I feel my DPS is lacking (which is fine, its a slow process to upgrade dps).

Saying that, I would love to be able to run perma-zerker with the shield because i find that paystyle fun, but i seem to be just shy of perm. What can I do at this point? is it raise my crit? do I need more AS?

Thanks again all for this thread. its a fun read with a good group of S&B'ers

PS, i know my right ring sucks. i'm working on that one as my next upgrade.
Edited by Acula#1980 on 2/18/2013 2:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hey all. I've been really enjoying the S&B and I feel my survivability is good for my level of gear. I can run mp8 with no deaths without issues, but I feel my DPS is lacking (which is fine, its a slow process to upgrade dps).

Saying that, I would love to be able to run perma-zerker with the shield because i find that paystyle fun, but i seem to be just shy of perm. What can I do at this point? is it raise my crit? do I need more AS?

Thanks again all for this thread. its a fun read with a good group of S&B'ers

PS, i know my right ring sucks. i'm working on that one as my next upgrade.

You should be able to run perma wrath now with your stats. Farming can be tricky sometimes, you just have to make sure to use sprint and get to the next pack quick. Your going to lose it every now and then but for the most part you will have it up.

Aside from right ring, I would say IK gloves with more strength on them. You can go with the AIS model, but I prefer CD there. You already have a good amount of ais on your barb, so the ais from mempo/lacunis will provide you will enough ais. If you want more you could always keep ais in your new right ring.

Very nice barb though, I dig it.
Reply Quote
02/18/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Taross
have a look at my profile. i used these skills and gear last night. It was against a mixture of wizards, dhs and monks.

You like frenzy for pvp? I been noticing bash may be better due to the higher dmg, but I have always wanted to use frenzy because I've been using since 1.02 lol. I did break down and get a Bash SOJ..... dont hate!
Reply Quote
i just like the frenzy chance to stun when i switch on ias gear to geal with a pesky monk is all..

bash is fine as well

lets be honest i dont use bash or frenzy that much at all anyways! rend rend rend;)
Edited by Taross#1144 on 2/18/2013 4:53 PM PST
Reply Quote
i just like the frenzy chance to stun when i switch on ias gear to geal with a pesky monk is all..

bash is fine as well

lets be honest i dont use bash or frenzy that much at all anyways! rend rend rend;)

Yeah I feel ya! Sucks our primary never gets used or not a lot atleast.
Reply Quote
DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME!?

Nike is dual wielding!

lol dont mind it man, i just used it last night to join a WW friend and farm some demonic essence.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, just checking in.

The budding young barbarian has now completed Inferno on MP2. I feel like I need a Hellfire Ring pretty badly but of course on MP2 the drop rates for the pieces suck. I got 1 key on the way through the game and feel pretty lucky about that, lol.

My question to you guys is, what would you upgrade next in my shoes? My immediate thought is weapon but I'm not sure I can afford a decent one. I am under 8m at the moment.

Also, if anybody ever lets noobs tag along on key runs or ubers, sign me up!
Reply Quote
part 4 inc
Reply Quote
i managed to craft some pretty ncie shoulders and replaced my vile wards, been doing mp 10 ubers all day solo and have zero problems after the wrath fix for barbs in the bubble, also bought me a 10 % frenzy 29 % soj to replace my !@#$ty helfire ring for ubers which helps alot. the ammount of demonic essences was insanely low in the runs, was really disapointed by that.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 2/19/2013 10:20 AM PST
Reply Quote
02/17/2013 07:46 AMPosted by Celanian
Got my ammy on my 16th try. Ridiculous. This ammy cost about 2m to craft and it would've been worth 500m to 1b before the patch.

Nice! I rolled something pretty similar on my 12th attempt last night. 212 STR, 72 AR, 87% CD, 10% CC. It's on my guy but my profile is unavailable right now.

This was immediately after rolling a ~20 Min DMG, 230 STR, 87% CD, 9% CC, ~300 life regen ammy. I had one Brimstone left and tried another craft.

I've rolled a decent pair of gloves with 200 STR, 80AR, 9 AS 9 CC and a decent pair of bracers with high AR but only 3% CC. Both are little DPS loss over what I have, but I want to keep the Lacunis for now. Probably did 10 gloves and 5 bracers.

I rolled a 220 Int/110 Vit Vile Ward a week ago that sold for 63M(no sale at 70M buyout) so I'm sitting on 100M or so gold right now.
Edited by BoscUlrich#1603 on 2/19/2013 10:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hey guys, just checking in.

The budding young barbarian has now completed Inferno on MP2. I feel like I need a Hellfire Ring pretty badly but of course on MP2 the drop rates for the pieces suck. I got 1 key on the way through the game and feel pretty lucky about that, lol.

My question to you guys is, what would you upgrade next in my shoes? My immediate thought is weapon but I'm not sure I can afford a decent one. I am under 8m at the moment.

Also, if anybody ever lets noobs tag along on key runs or ubers, sign me up!

I have a ~1050ish dps mace I bought off the AH for like 5k I could give you. No stats, but it does have a socket. Btw, I got my sword for around 3 mil. With my stats I can farm mp3 in a breeze, mp4 decently (no deaths, not super fast speed though). I have some other gear (IK Boots, chest, ring) I recently replaced that I got from the AH for a pretty cheap price originally that I'd sell to you for what I have in it.

Add me if you are interested.

Edit: The mace is black damage btw.
Edited by Maegor#1377 on 2/19/2013 11:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
I just bought a new Stormshield with 10%CC/34 block. (finally right? lol)

If anybody wants to buy my old one, here are its stats...

9.5 CC
74% AR
197 Str
30% Block Chance
Elite 7
Melee 6
~~Self Found in 1.04, act 4 inferno (mp wasn't invented yet)

Asking 58m , lowest i will take is 50m.

I would rather sell it to a willing SnB person than a random person on the Ah.

Add me in game or something, post a reply here.
Reply Quote
@Professor

I did the exact same thing as you did! Mine was very expensive, 325m. What did yours cost?

My old SS is for sale as well

33 block
171 str
71 AR
9 CC
6 melee
7 elite
Reply Quote
Hey guys,

I'm looking at buying a weapon. I have about 8.5m right now, and growing. I am hoping to find something for 10 at most.

I would like at least 1100 DPS, but beyond that I am struggling with the stat choices between Life steal, CD, Sockets, IAS ans Strength. What's MANDATORY and what can I skip on to keep the price down without regretting it in a week and feeling like I wasted all my money on a marginal upgrade.

I need a weapon that will last a long while so I can start building up other gear. Thanks for the help, as always!
Reply Quote
@Professor

I did the exact same thing as you did! Mine was very expensive, 325m. What did yours cost?

My old SS is for sale as well

33 block
171 str
71 AR
9 CC
6 melee
7 elite

Mine was 155m
its the one i'm wearing in my profile right now.
Reply Quote
There is a SS on AH now which is close to perfect:

34% block
10% cc
200 str
74 AR
1218 armor

400M

I'm not the seller (tho I want to be), just a free service to SnB community :P
Reply Quote
Hey guys..after looking around I upgraded my Barb with the limited funds I had...I was very fortunate to receive 100mil from a friend of mine..I don't know how he got such a large amount, must have purchased it or something... Anyhow I was thinking I need to upgrade my rings, pants and chest piece...Any Suggestions?
Reply Quote
http://www.diabloprogress.com/hero/wilbur626-1787/Bjoernar/18008671

Found the most extreme axe Ive ever seen dropped yesterday :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]