Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

View profile
01/24/2013 02:04 PMPosted by Pwnani
I thought it was confirmed that players are considered elites in next patch? Guess i heard wrong?

a blue confirmed it...so you heard right
Reply Quote
last time i checked 300 str each 300 defence and 300 vit equals the same with the right passive nerves of steel. agree about the ar but really with my build 75 does not equal 300 vit 300 defence extra.

we still dont know if when 1.07 goes live if the % damage reduction to elites will apply to other players or not. 6% reduction for melee is great but i only will have issues with casters the majority of the time so will only need it every now and then when i swap ss on.

My SS has over 170 str as well so my shield still has significantly more total armor. The armor benefit of 300 vit is miniscule since you could use Tough as Nails instead and have similar armor gains. 75 AR would be an ehp multiplier on the rest of your 1400+ vit and makes your regen/loh/ls that much more efficient. Not to mention the increased block which is net of mitigation so that 3700-4700 block amount is closer to 100k raw damage mitigated per tick.

If you really think high life low mitigation is the way to go, then why is it that we have essentially the same ehp even though you have 105k life and I have 61k life? I'm willing to bet that the majority of the difference is because of my shield compared to yours. Without shields, you would actually have more AR than me, although my armor would still be higher.

From everything that I heard, players are definitely going to be treated as elites.
Reply Quote

1 - Weapon - Shoot for a wep with higher dps and CD. If you can find similiar stats then that would be preferred, but you should forget about trying to get life steal on your wep. Use you wep for massive DPS.

2 - Belt - Need high AR on your belt., 70+. I would suggest the IK Belt, as you will be giving up LS on your weapon for the higher DPS. But if you like the witching hour then go for one with 60/70+ AR. This will free up your ammy from having to have AR.

3 - Pants - Higher AR and 2 Socket.

4 - Ammy - Think you can craft a better one, wouldnt buy one.

5 - Helm - Try to get an IK helm with 60+ AR or a mempo if you end up getting an IK belt.

6 - Shield - Up to you, I do think once you can get some more vit in other areas, you will be able to get a very nice SS and be comfortable.

7 - Rest - Slow upgrades over time, you have a very nice gear build going on, just going to be the little things like a little AR here, little strength here, ect.

Suggestion - If your not going to get an IK 5 Set, I would suggest getting BT Chest and Pants to increase your vit and overall HP/EHP. Getting as many set bonus as possible really helps.... in your case IK 2 or 3 Set and BT 2 set.

Dont look at my profiile, I am better with my BT Chest on, because I am getting more than one set bonus, I just have the IK Chest for PVP set up and am trying it out.

Thx BALLER!
I will definelty work on your suggestions. My question was more about bringing my dps up since I'm comfortable with my current ehp. However you answered my question about my weapon. So I'm gonna try and find one without life steal and get life steal on belt instead. It just sucks cause witching hour brings up my dps quite a bit.

Yeah no problem. I think adding EHP in the right places will help you free up EHP and focus more dps in other important areas like weapon/rings/ammy/gloves. This is why I made those suggestions on going for higher EHP in those slots, because long term it will allow you to gain much more DPS.
Reply Quote
thanks man! Now i get it... it makes sence what your saying and i think that is the best advise anyone ever gave me in this game. btw is the number sceam you gave me in order of importance? if so then that makes sense too lol
Reply Quote
last time i checked 300 str each 300 defence and 300 vit equals the same with the right passive nerves of steel. agree about the ar but really with my build 75 does not equal 300 vit 300 defence extra.

we still dont know if when 1.07 goes live if the % damage reduction to elites will apply to other players or not. 6% reduction for melee is great but i only will have issues with casters the majority of the time so will only need it every now and then when i swap ss on.

My SS has over 170 str as well so my shield still has significantly more total armor. The armor benefit of 300 vit is miniscule since you could use Tough as Nails instead and have similar armor gains. 75 AR would be an ehp multiplier on the rest of your 1400+ vit and makes your regen/loh/ls that much more efficient. Not to mention the increased block which is net of mitigation so that 3700-4700 block amount is closer to 100k raw damage mitigated per tick.

If you really think high life low mitigation is the way to go, then why is it that we have essentially the same ehp even though you have 105k life and I have 61k life? I'm willing to bet that the majority of the difference is because of my shield compared to yours. Without shields, you would actually have more AR than me, although my armor would still be higher.

From everything that I heard, players are definitely going to be treated as elites.

im not even running ar on my gloves which i will be soon of over 60ar added. After i get another 60 ar on gloves. another 15% life on other gear slots this shield im wearing outperforms any ss no matter what rolls it has.

Even now it out performs any ss due to the fact that im not sitting trading with you but rending and running away. ie life regen. block % and 4k block is miniscule compared to my life pool and im not gonna be getting hit over 10 times a second so i simply dont care about block.

34% block 4k mitigation is better for you due to your low life pool.

do you honestly think 1400 vit equates to 75ar in regards to ehp????????????wow i think im arguing with a lost cause. I will be running 90% life + after im done it stacks nubber.

Far out your thick you dont even run the same build as me. Understand it first then get back to me.
Edited by Taross#1144 on 1/24/2013 3:46 PM PST
Reply Quote
i think 7% dr from elites is gonna be pretty valuable especially stacked with 7% from Litany of The Undaunted. But im waiting for patch to go live to try it all out for myself and happily farming gear in the meantime. Found Inna's Temperance with 100dex and 183vit which sold for few hundred mil. Thats been one of my best finds :)
Reply Quote
im not even running ar on my gloves which i will be soon of over 60ar added. After i get another 60 ar on gloves. another 15% life on other gear slots this shield im wearing outperforms any ss no matter what rolls it has.

Even now it out performs any ss due to the fact that im not sitting trading with you but rending and running away. ie life regen. block % and 4k block is miniscule compared to my life pool and im not gonna be getting hit over 10 times a second so i simply dont care about block.34% block 4k mitigation is better for you due to your low life pool.

do you honestly think 1400 vit equates to 75ar in regards to ehp????????????wow i think im arguing with a lost cause. I will be running 90% life + after im done it stacks nubber.Far out your thick you dont even run the same build as me. Understand it first then get back to me.

You are assuming that the other person is going to play your game. What do you do when the other guy hits you with a DOT attack as well such as Rend or Haunt? Your crappy block means that your going to be eating basically the entire DOT whereas a SS would negate a good chunk of every single tick. I betcha if we trade Rends with each other, I'll come out on top, especially since other players are considered elites and since Rend is most likely considered a melee attack.

You keep proclaiming that your crappy shield is better than any SS without any backing. If your shield were better, then why do we have virtually the same EHP levels considering that our mitigation levels are fairly similar without the shield. I notice that you keep dodging this point over and over again. I guess you're not ready to face up to reality.

Edit: I didn't understand about your line that I'm equating 75 AR with 1400 vit. Can you explain that line???
Edited by Celanian#1548 on 1/24/2013 4:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Sup Guys, i wont be on for the next 4 days as i will be on a vacation trip, contact BALLER if you have questions

cheers and peace out

Nike
Reply Quote
Here's probably the best point to be made about that shield. If you ask any of the top S&B guys such as Baller, Crypter, or Nikeboy whether they would be willing to trade their SS for your shield, they'd laugh hysterically before telling you to get lost.
Reply Quote
Taross,

We are all cool in this thread, so please dont take any critism to your shield as offensive. Celanian is just pointing out some facts, just as you are. At the same time this thread IS NOT A DICTATORISHIP and everyone is free to express their opinions. So I am glad you are bringing up some good points about your rare stat stacked shield. I personally feel if you had 70 AR your argument would be much more valid when comparing to a SS. Because you are giving up A LOT of mitigation when you factor in the block % / AR / Elite / Melee Reduction. So your extra vit isnt accounting for a whole lot of regen when you factor in how much bigger hits you are taking on a more frequent basis.

If you are talking strictly rend dmg, you are giving up 70 AR atleast which is probably 2% less mitigation and 6-7% mitigation from elites, so in turn you are taking atleast 9% more dmg, which is a lot when you considering how much players hit for these days. I judt dont think your rare shield is able to regen that 9% of dmg, now I could be wrong.

Now, I feel if you had AR on there, you could have a great argument if you are talking Barb v Barb, since it is a rend fest. But if you are going against any other class, the block becomes even more important, such a demon hunter, monk, wiz, ect. You are going to want to block and mitigate that 4K dmg as much as you can, because it would take you im guessing 2 additional seconds to regen that, which could mean the difference between life and death, especially if you multiply it by a few hits.

Bottom line is the SS is the best OVERALL shield for PVE and PVP, so if you have to get one shield, I personally feel a SnB Barb should invest their gold in a SS.

I run the same build as you in PVP as well and it takes more than a rend to kill me, so the blocks do help over time and aid in the regen process. I mean 10K life only helps me regen 200 life per second, which is nothing compared to the mitigation you receive from the SS through the high AR, Block, Elite Reduction and Melee Reduction. I can get an ammy with 500 regen and double my regen efforts compared to the vit from a rare shield.

But once again, thank you for shedding some light into this subject, I can see it working effectively.
Reply Quote
Sup Guys, i wont be on for the next 4 days as i will be on a vacation trip, contact BALLER if you have questions

cheers and peace out

Nike

Have fun on vacation mate! Hopefully the patch is up for when you get back and we can all get busy in the arena together.
Reply Quote
What's up?

I tried dueling and got a blast with it. The most problem I had was with WDs. I can't do anything with their hex (pig). The only way I can deal with it was to use ignore pain while hexed to mitigate damage then rend and marathon afterwards. If he uses spirit vessel, I sometimes had a chance to pawn him with throw + rend.

I also had a problem with maintaining fury and tried 5-piece IK set (bought cheap ones for testing) but noticed that isn't enough even with unforgiving. I tried using -5 wep throw on belt + SOJ and thought was a better combo.

My HP is at 85K right now and doing well on similar geared players (except WDs). Planning on investing more HP - what's the ideal one? Or is it better to invest on reduce damage from elites/melee? AR?

I think reduce damage works better if you have more life to begin with. I fought with some barbs wearing SS but low health and noticed they get pawned most of the time.

Cheers.
Edited by xxx007#1657 on 1/24/2013 7:06 PM PST
Reply Quote
@ Nike

My barb looks better after changing the chest / pant / Amulet

One question:
I changed the shield too. Previously, i was using a SS with 34% block chance, 79AR, 6.5 CC and 180 STR. Should i stick with the SS or the one i am using now?

Cheers,
Reply Quote
I used to run a Hallowed defender shield that was heavy on the life, 140 odd vitality, 7% life, a socket as well as 7.5% CC and decent block chance, 25% if my memory serves.

Anyway I bought a stormshield, not the one I have atm, 26% block but with 7% CC. I took a hit to my life (but a gain to dps) in the change and thought my toon was going to get shredded in PvE with the SS. But lo and behold I actually found the SS better, paticularly against elites due to the DR %. I sold the Hallowed defender and saved up some more bickies and upgrade traded the SS to my current one and upgrade traded my surcoat/jousting for ones with more vit and recovered the lost life which I had with the hallowed defender, not that I really needed it since my barb has EHP to excess for PvE but comes in handy now for uber runs.
Edited by Asmodeous#1189 on 1/24/2013 10:03 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 07:09 PMPosted by Coffeedude
Should i stick with the SS or the one i am using now?

The SS for sure.
Reply Quote
@ xxxkan

Thanks dude
Reply Quote
Hey guys, is someone here selling Abyssal Scourge?
Reply Quote
Hello, can you take a look at my current set up? Would I benefit for switching to SnB? I just found a stormshield with 10% critical chance :)

Edit: I would consider jumping on the WW bandwagon as I have never tried it.
Edited by sackcrete#1733 on 1/25/2013 6:30 PM PST
Reply Quote
Guys, need some advise. I snipe a SS 33% block, 197str, 73AR, CC 10% and compared with the one I am having 34%, 190str, 75AR, CC 9%, the rests of stats same. Now in dilemma which one to use, it's down to 1% block against 1% CC (2.7k dps). Really no idea which one to use. Hope to hear from you guys......cheers
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 06:54 PMPosted by ehong
Guys, need some advise. I snipe a SS 33% block, 197str, 73AR, CC 10% and compared with the one I am having 34%, 190str, 75AR, CC 9%, the rests of stats same. Now in dilemma which one to use, it's down to 1% block against 1% CC (2.7k dps). Really no idea which one to use. Hope to hear from you guys......cheers

I would use the 10 CC one personally. The one block isnt going to be as big as a difference as the 1 CC. Go for the DPS on this decision.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]