Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

Hello, can you take a look at my current set up? Would I benefit for switching to SnB? I just found a stormshield with 10% critical chance :)

Edit: I would consider jumping on the WW bandwagon as I have never tried it.

Nice, lucky find!

Yeah, I used the SWW build is a lot of success when I was leveling to 100. I suggest running through on MP1 and clear mobs as fast as possible. This will help with both your paragon leveliing and farming.

Go to part one of this thread, first post has a lot of different SWW builds you can use. With your gear, I would probably suggest the one with WOTB - Insanity mixed in.
Reply Quote
@baller, thanks mate. I thought the same as you. And I have tried it out, seems like the 1% block doesn't has any impact at all. And I chose to use the new 33% with 10CC. Need dps badly. If the SS is 34% with CC10, I would have keep it for Nike....
Reply Quote
Hello guys!

I have just now switch from 2h skorn to SnB and I am debating on SWW or HoTA. Also I was wondering what was yall opinion on my gear so far and how to improve it. You guys seem very experience in this field and I would feel a lot of gratitude hearing advice from yall.
Thanks a bunch!
Reply Quote
I noticed that my rare shield gives me about +90,000 EHP and -800DPS compared to Baller's SS according to d3rawr. Should I be ignoring this and weight his block chance of 34% over mine which is only 20% because there is hidden EHP/Sustain with block that d3rawr doesnt calculate well?

I know everyone says SS trumps all but my rare shield isn't even all that special and d3rawr seems to like mine more.
Edited by vict3r#1515 on 1/26/2013 6:24 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hello guys!

I have just now switch from 2h skorn to SnB and I am debating on SWW or HoTA. Also I was wondering what was yall opinion on my gear so far and how to improve it. You guys seem very experience in this field and I would feel a lot of gratitude hearing advice from yall.
Thanks a bunch!

I would work toward changing your main hand to a sword. Shield barbs like sword in main hand cause their shield gives +crit and they can take advantage of +15% damage from weapon master

First youll need more crit on rings. I say forget about trifecta on rings till you can really get a good one. Your better off either 5-6 crit and either +at speed or +crit dam on both rings (if your not useing SOJ). Dont forget +min/max on jewelry

Once you have enough crit to offset looseing it from your main hand get a sword to take advantage of the bonus from weapon master

with your pants i would avoid getting blackthorns with sockets cause you can get good ones with 200+ str or vit which is better then sockets

Other then that its just upping what you already have to better values.
Edited by vict3r#1515 on 1/26/2013 6:42 AM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks a lot vict3r! I will concentrate on all the things you just told me, but i was wondering what trifecta mean lol sorry I'm still noob :P
Reply Quote
That shield is +53852 EHP improvement over my SS without taking into consideration the 7% DR to elites which imo its the only EHP stat that matters now that players are gonna be considered elites in the next patch. The only thing that we die to is tough elite packs or other players and both are considered elites. The 7% DR is very noticeable also..i bought my litany not long ago and it was pretty noticeable vs elites.
Reply Quote
Ok, according to d3rawr my EHP stats against elites is as follows

My SS - 2646934.18

with your rare shield - 2350743.76

So it certainly appears that SS is the superior shield. The 7% dr is to much to overcome and like i say with the updates coming in the next patch its effectiveness vs both players and elite packs is far greater than yer shield.
Edited by Pwnani#1343 on 1/26/2013 10:55 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hello guys!

Thanks a bunch!

Hey,

You can do either Hota or SWW with your current set up. You have very high AIS for a SnB.

I do think you are in need of much more AR though however.

You can start by adding another IK piece to your barb, so you can get the 2 set bonus. I would say gloves would probably be best for you. I would shoot for ones with CD on them. Or you can get a nice IK belt as well, this will bring your dps down slightly but will increase your ar by atleast 130 and provide you some life steal and more fury/skill bonus.
Reply Quote
@BALLER

That explains a lot. Thank you for the help and I'll try to see what I can upgrade atm with my current budget. I'll be back when better gear hopefully for more tips!

Thanks again, NeverNguyen
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 10:30 AMPosted by Pwnani
That shield is +53852 EHP improvement over my SS without taking into consideration the 7% DR to elites which imo its the only EHP stat that matters now that players are gonna be considered elites in the next patch. The only thing that we die to is tough elite packs or other players and both are considered elites. The 7% DR is very noticeable also..i bought my litany not long ago and it was pretty noticeable vs elites.

You have a point about the elites DR. I think my shield proves however that there is potential for a rare shield to out perform any SS. Because my shield has better EHP for everything other then elites and the shield has plenty of room to roll better stats. For example take away the +int and replace with more +vit or +life% or +8%block
Reply Quote
01/26/2013 02:40 PMPosted by MooseJuice
IS there any decent one handed legendary or rare axe for snb for 25m? Is LS possible for that low budget?

You wont be able to get a good one with LS for the budget.

If you want to get a leg, which IMO isnt the best for MH slot, then the sky splitter can be within your budget or the echoing fury.

I would suggest getting a rare sword though.
Reply Quote

You have a point about the elites DR. I think my shield proves however that there is potential for a rare shield to out perform any SS. Because my shield has better EHP for everything other then elites and the shield has plenty of room to roll better stats. For example take away the +int and replace with more +vit or +life% or +8%block

I lose more then 350.000 ehp when I equip your shield. Are you looking at ehp numbers witouth block and dodge?

I have had a rare shield that was a fair bit better then yours but still not as good as a 34-10 ss.

Your point stands though, there ARE rare shields which are better then the best SS's.
These are >extremely< rare though, and would cost a multitude of a 200m near perfect SS.
Edited by Remko#2173 on 1/27/2013 3:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:12 AMPosted by MooseJuice
Why do u suggest a sword? I have always found axes to be better for same price, but I have not been looking any kind of amazing sword

I just upgraded my weapon, think I got a great deal at 165mil, there were no 1250dps axes with CD + OS anywhere near that price. Right now there is a 1200dps sword with CD + OS for 120mil, the cheapest axe with those stats is around 200mil. I think the reason Axes are more expensive is duel wield barbs prefer those for the 10% CC from passive... we can get 10% CC from our shield, so the 15% damage boost can be better.
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 03:21 AMPosted by Remko

I lose more then 350.000 ehp when I equip your shield. Are you looking at ehp numbers witouth block and dodge?

I have had a rare shield that was a fair bit better then yours but still not as good as a 34-10 ss.

Your point stands though, there ARE rare shields which are better then the best SS's.
These are >extremely< rare though, and would cost a multitude of a 200m near perfect SS.

Yes I have block and dodge in my d3rawr calculations comparing my shield vs BALLER's SS which is one of the best SS's out their. Can you link me your shield please?
Reply Quote
01/27/2013 07:57 AMPosted by MooseJuice
Axes still look better especially with to 10 cc but I will look into swords

My recommendation to switch to a sword is only if you get you crit somewhere else. Once you have about 40 crit without weapon master the dps gain of 15% dammage rather then 10 more crit starts being better.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]