Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

I lose more then 350.000 ehp when I equip your shield. Are you looking at ehp numbers witouth block and dodge?

I have had a rare shield that was a fair bit better then yours but still not as good as a 34-10 ss.

Your point stands though, there ARE rare shields which are better then the best SS's.
These are >extremely< rare though, and would cost a multitude of a 200m near perfect SS.

Yes I have block and dodge in my d3rawr calculations comparing my shield vs BALLER's SS which is one of the best SS's out their. Can you link me your shield please?

I have run some numbers on your stats, and for your stats your current shield is better then a SS indeed.

The lesson here is that you cant compare shields, or any other items for that matter, on a 1 on 1 basis without taking the character's other stats into considertation.

Concerning SS, I think the general assumption can be made that; the more mitigation
(yours is quite low) you have, the better an SS (or block for that matter) gets.
Reply Quote

-

Yes I have block and dodge in my d3rawr calculations comparing my shield vs BALLER's SS which is one of the best SS's out their. Can you link me your shield please?

I have run some numbers on your stats, and for your stats your current shield is better then a SS indeed.

The lesson here is that you cant compare shields, or any other items for that matter, on a 1 on 1 basis without taking the character's other stats into considertation.

Concerning SS, I think the general assumption can be made that; the more mitigation
(yours is quite low) you have, the better an SS (or block for that matter) gets.

Yeah I ran the numbers with vict3rs shield and this is what I got.....

With Dodge/Block

With SS:

2,592,733 versus elite (think PVP)
2,128,654 not elite, no melee, nothing

With Vict3rs shield:

2,311,326 versus elite
2,125,580 not elite, no melee nothing

Now without dodge or block (Elites, this is all I really care about to be honest, since elite are literally the only hard thing in the entire game, both PVP and PVE)

My SS - 2,592,733
Vict3rs - 2,128,654

But every barb is different, so its important to check how itaffects YOUR barb!

The above post from Remko is correct, the more mitigation you have the better a SS helps you out and these number included my passive tough as nails, since I can use it because I rock a IK belt and I am pretty sure most will use it in PVP anyways.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have recently returned from a 5 month break and always been playing S & B Barb, in the last month i have tried all sorts of Builds including WW builds, 2h Skorn Builds and DW Builds in all sorts of ways just to return back to a rarther classic S & B Hota build. i have 110 mill to spend and would like to upgrade my dps as far as possible. i am currently farming mp 7 without any probs. its a bit slow but i am not really in a hurry. i guess i could swap the mempo for a 100 str 60 ar and 5 -6 crit ik triumph as that is pretty affordable for more crit rate ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

also i believe my sword isnt the best weapon for me atm bec of my low crit rate, i tend to always run out of rage compared to using the sky splitter (wo life steal) before. maybe swap back?

i also have a 330 vit 290 str 7,5 cc 9 cc red 50 ar sacred shield with only 11 block chance though, any idea if this is any good compared to my current ss,. i have the feeling that the ss is way better even if i lose a !@#$load of stats.

any adivce is gladly appreciated.
Edited by AlNeo#2621 on 1/28/2013 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
also forgot whats the best follower nowadaYS?
Reply Quote
[quote]
Yeah I ran the numbers with vict3rs shield and this is what I got.....

With Dodge/Block

With SS:

2,592,733 versus elite (think PVP)
2,128,654 not elite, no melee, nothing

With Vict3rs shield:

2,311,326 versus elite
2,125,580 not elite, no melee nothing

Now without dodge or block (Elites, this is all I really care about to be honest, since elite are literally the only hard thing in the entire game, both PVP and PVE)

My SS - 2,592,733
Vict3rs - 2,128,654

But every barb is different, so its important to check how itaffects YOUR barb!

The above post from Remko is correct, the more mitigation you have the better a SS helps you out and these number included my passive tough as nails, since I can use it because I rock a IK belt and I am pretty sure most will use it in PVP anyways.

I'd say thats not too bad considering your shield is one of the best possible rolls on a SS and my rare has alot of potential to roll better stats. Imagine that INT rolled +block or +16% Life instead? Not to mention that the str and vit rolls could have been higher. I think you can roll % vs elites on rares too.

I'm just trying to curb peoples mentality that SS is BIS bar none. I think as long as you get really good rolls, a rare shield is potentially BIS.

For now im keeping my shield till i up my mitigation then ill start looking at a SS. I have more important things to upgrade and i have a game plan thanks to BALLER's awsome input on my build. Thanks again BALLER =)
Reply Quote
@victer
you have a very nice shield! and yeah rare shield can be awesome with perfect rolls but high SS are more comon then perfect roll sacred shield since they are very very rare
other classes sometime just don't pick up shields when they farm that's why
Reply Quote
Picked up some new shoulders...was a better EHP boost for me than upgrading my IK chest with one with 160+str and 270vit. Still nothing compared to jooks shoulders..o.0
Reply Quote
Where has Jook been? Don't think he has posted in a while.
Reply Quote
Hello dear helpful people :) I have been taking your advise to heart and am now up to monster level 3 with my SWW barb. My dps is low, but I'm not dieing now.. What would be your next upgrades, and would you change anything with my skill setup? Also I wonder if I am doing anything wrong.. I Just ww and spam sprint, click berserk when i run into elites and keep rend up if im losing health.

Keep in mind, I'm no longer that wealthy.. I think my biggest need is a new weapon perhaps? What should I look for? What about jewelry? Any other suggestions? Thanks!
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have recently returned from a 5 month break and always been playing S & B Barb, in the last month i have tried all sorts of Builds including WW builds, 2h Skorn Builds and DW Builds in all sorts of ways just to return back to a rarther classic S & B Hota build. i have 110 mill to spend and would like to upgrade my dps as far as possible. i am currently farming mp 7 without any probs. its a bit slow but i am not really in a hurry. i guess i could swap the mempo for a 100 str 60 ar and 5 -6 crit ik triumph as that is pretty affordable for more crit rate ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

also i believe my sword isnt the best weapon for me atm bec of my low crit rate, i tend to always run out of rage compared to using the sky splitter (wo life steal) before. maybe swap back?

i also have a 330 vit 290 str 7,5 cc 9 cc red 50 ar sacred shield with only 11 block chance though, any idea if this is any good compared to my current ss,. i have the feeling that the ss is way better even if i lose a !@#$load of stats.

any adivce is gladly appreciated.

My next upgrade would be an ammy with similiar stats, but with 8+ CC. You are right, your CC is on the low side and I would like to see you bring it up a bit if you can.

So....

1 - Ammy with CC
2 - Try to get a new Hellfire with CC (just takes time, this is basically free... goodluck!)
3 - Sword with more DPS... tough call you might have to lose your life steal in order to obtain this
4 - Ik Gloves - free up a spot an IK spot and let you get ice climbers
5 - Ice Climbers - with vit.

Those would be on my list of things to get, the upgrades after this will be pretty much end game type stuff... I.E. more vit IK chest, CC Mempo, Vit/Life Vile Wards, 10 CC SS ect.

I would keep your SS, I think they offer a SnB a lot of value.

I use templar for farming because he we rock stormshields together. But I honestly really like him for the fury regen he provides. Helps me keep sprint up when farming, really important for lower MP's if you ever dabble into XP runs, which maybe wont be the best thing in the upcoming patch with the buffs.

Enchant is good to, for the increase armor and attack speed.
Edited by BALLER#1390 on 1/28/2013 3:44 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Pwnani
Picked up some new shoulders...was a better EHP boost for me than upgrading my IK chest with one with 160+str and 270vit. Still nothing compared to jooks shoulders..o.0

Wow nice shoulders man, impressive!
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 02:56 PMPosted by xxxkan

Hes been on, I talk to him in game a lot.... still ballin hard and outbidding my broke !@# on IK Gloves... LOL!
Reply Quote
Hello dear helpful people :) I have been taking your advise to heart and am now up to monster level 3 with my SWW barb. My dps is low, but I'm not dieing now.. What would be your next upgrades, and would you change anything with my skill setup? Also I wonder if I am doing anything wrong.. I Just ww and spam sprint, click berserk when i run into elites and keep rend up if im losing health.

Keep in mind, I'm no longer that wealthy.. I think my biggest need is a new weapon perhaps? What should I look for? What about jewelry? Any other suggestions? Thanks!

Congrats on being able to dive into harder monster powers!

You are correct with the build, very nice, keep doing that one for now. If it aint broke dont fix it!

For upgrades I would look at the next 2 things and really focus on these.

Weapon - Highest DPS you can afford with open socket and CD (50+) or Strength (175+). Anything else is a bonus, just as vit, LOH, dex, ect. I would get a sword as well, but can see a mace or axe working for you at this point.

Ammy - Need to get a lot of CD out of an ammy. So ditch the attack speed there and shoot for something with nice CC/CD on it. Your mitigation looks alright but you could always use some more HP here, so look for one with strength and vit on it. If you can snag one with avg dmg on it then it would be better, but with limited funds this could be hard.
Reply Quote

You are correct with the build, very nice, keep doing that one for now. If it aint broke dont fix it!

Weapon - Highest DPS you can afford with open socket and CD (50+) or Strength (175+). Anything else is a bonus, just as vit, LOH, dex, ect. I would get a sword as well, but can see a mace or axe working for you at this point.

Ammy - Need to get a lot of CD out of an ammy. So ditch the attack speed there and shoot for something with nice CC/CD on it. Your mitigation looks alright but you could always use some more HP here, so look for one with strength and vit on it. If you can snag one with avg dmg on it then it would be better, but with limited funds this could be hard.

Thank you! Do I need to get life steal on my new sword, or should I be looking for a pure damage dealer?
Reply Quote
View profile
01/28/2013 03:46 PMPosted by BALLER

Hes been on, I talk to him in game a lot.... still ballin hard and outbidding my broke !@# on IK Gloves... LOL!

Im back guys! I saw Jook's new ik gloves, damn sexy!
Reply Quote
01/28/2013 04:03 PMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Welcome back Nike!

Man i just got some new ones also.... some 70+ AR ones, I think it may be the way of the future lol.
Reply Quote

Thank you! Do I need to get life steal on my new sword, or should I be looking for a pure damage dealer?

Pure dmg dealer! You already have LS on your belt, so you should be fine with just that. The shield provides more sustain than a standard WW, so you shouldnt need LS on your wep as well like most DW's do.
Reply Quote
View profile

Welcome back Nike!

Man i just got some new ones also.... some 70+ AR ones, I think it may be the way of the future lol.

thanks man, aww your new gloves are sexy as well man! btw what are your thoughts about these marquise gems? do you think it would be practical to craft plenty of those? so damn expensive man.
Reply Quote
Wow you guys are so well geared for pvp lol. I gotta farm more... need new shoulders, chest, and wep lol.

I tried mp10 ubers the other day with my SnB setup and I was not even close to being ready.
Reply Quote
View profile
Wow you guys are so well geared for pvp lol. I gotta farm more... need new shoulders, chest, and wep lol.

I tried mp10 ubers the other day with my SnB setup and I was not even close to being ready.

@xxxkan - hey man rolling on MP10 on an S&B setup is pretty tedious and you need to maintain high DPS using HOTA/WOTB Thrive, would recommend 300k+ buffed DPS with WOTB.
Also you need you have good survivability and life sustain to go with that DPS which is a matter of balancing both DPS and EHP.

with regards to PVP, yeah we are very excited to play against each other after PVP goes live and if you guys wish to practice with us, just add us in the real server.

Nike
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]