Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

Ya I bet Kullie was laughing his !@# off at my tickling.

Anyways welcome back Nike
Reply Quote
Ya I bet Kullie was laughing his !@# off at my tickling.

Anyways welcome back Nike

thanks man, back to reality i guess, its good sometimes to take some time off from work and d3 and just relax a bit, though my wife allowed me 30mins-1hr to check AH during our vacation lol
Reply Quote

Welcome back Nike!

Man i just got some new ones also.... some 70+ AR ones, I think it may be the way of the future lol.

thanks man, aww your new gloves are sexy as well man! btw what are your thoughts about these marquise gems? do you think it would be practical to craft plenty of those? so damn expensive man.

LOL, I was going to ask you guys in this thread. I have the gems and the gold and the mats. But I did read somewhere that once you put a marquise gem in a socket, the item becomes account bound. Now I am not 100% sure this will happen, but in the event that is true, I do not think it would be worth it to put those gems in my gear. Reason being is one day I may end up selling all my gear or need to sell my gear for upgrades, ect. So I may end up doing it with my weapon but that would be the only piece I would consider doing if the items end up being account bound.

Now if the items are not account bound, then yeah its worth it to top geared players, but if your not even close to topping your gear out, then I would probably only upgrade the weapon. I mean +4 strength or Vit isnt really a game changer by any means, you can do 4 paragon levels and get +12 strength..... well unless your 100 like me then your screwed and have to consider gemming up everything.
Reply Quote

thanks man, aww your new gloves are sexy as well man! btw what are your thoughts about these marquise gems? do you think it would be practical to craft plenty of those? so damn expensive man.

LOL, I was going to ask you guys in this thread. I have the gems and the gold and the mats. But I did read somewhere that once you put a marquise gem in a socket, the item becomes account bound. Now I am not 100% sure this will happen, but in the event that is true, I do not think it would be worth it to put those gems in my gear. Reason being is one day I may end up selling all my gear or need to sell my gear for upgrades, ect. So I may end up doing it with my weapon but that would be the only piece I would consider doing if the items end up being account bound.

Now if the items are not account bound, then yeah its worth it to top geared players, but if your not even close to topping your gear out, then I would probably only upgrade the weapon. I mean +4 strength or Vit isnt really a game changer by any means, you can do 4 paragon levels and get +12 strength..... well unless your 100 like me then your screwed and have to consider gemming up everything.

man that's ridiculous if those marquise gems will make our stuff acount bound, i guess we need to wait someone to confirm it. At the end of the day whenever i quit D3 i would be selling all my stuff as well so making everything an account bound is not a very good idea.

Nike
Reply Quote
I heard account bound is just a bug right now. However, it does take 5m to remove I believe.
Reply Quote
I think the deal it's the gems themselves are account bound. As per the 1.0.7 ptr release notes. for me, I plan on crafting at least 1 ruby and 1 emerald.
Reply Quote
Hi,

I have recently returned from a 5 month break and always been playing S & B Barb, in the last month i have tried all sorts of Builds including WW builds, 2h Skorn Builds and DW Builds in all sorts of ways just to return back to a rarther classic S & B Hota build. i have 110 mill to spend and would like to upgrade my dps as far as possible. i am currently farming mp 7 without any probs. its a bit slow but i am not really in a hurry. i guess i could swap the mempo for a 100 str 60 ar and 5 -6 crit ik triumph as that is pretty affordable for more crit rate ?

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/AlNeo-2621/hero/4368996

also i believe my sword isnt the best weapon for me atm bec of my low crit rate, i tend to always run out of rage compared to using the sky splitter (wo life steal) before. maybe swap back?

i also have a 330 vit 290 str 7,5 cc 9 cc red 50 ar sacred shield with only 11 block chance though, any idea if this is any good compared to my current ss,. i have the feeling that the ss is way better even if i lose a !@#$load of stats.

any adivce is gladly appreciated.

My next upgrade would be an ammy with similiar stats, but with 8+ CC. You are right, your CC is on the low side and I would like to see you bring it up a bit if you can.

So....

1 - Ammy with CC
2 - Try to get a new Hellfire with CC (just takes time, this is basically free... goodluck!)
3 - Sword with more DPS... tough call you might have to lose your life steal in order to obtain this
4 - Ik Gloves - free up a spot an IK spot and let you get ice climbers
5 - Ice Climbers - with vit.

Those would be on my list of things to get, the upgrades after this will be pretty much end game type stuff... I.E. more vit IK chest, CC Mempo, Vit/Life Vile Wards, 10 CC SS ect.

I would keep your SS, I think they offer a SnB a lot of value.

I use templar for farming because he we rock stormshields together. But I honestly really like him for the fury regen he provides. Helps me keep sprint up when farming, really important for lower MP's if you ever dabble into XP runs, which maybe wont be the best thing in the upcoming patch with the buffs.

Enchant is good to, for the increase armor and attack speed.

Thx for your input :) about the ik gloves i have been thinking about those too, why dont you think switching mempo for ik helm is a better option ?
Reply Quote
Hello SnB high roller!!
I been using skorn HOTA/Rend and it been great.
Recently I found a pretty good SS and I really want to make use of it but I'm not sure if I need to change whole lot of gears or not :(
Here's my profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Khaos-1889/hero/15692859
Thanks in advance:)
Reply Quote
Hello SnB high roller!!
Recently I found a pretty good SS and I really want to make use of it but I'm not sure if I need to change whole lot of gears or not :(

Welcome to the S&B troops mate, btw nice start and look for your S&B setup, there are a few items you may concentrate on upgrading.

1. High STR, VIT, AR, 2OS Pants
2. Better IK gloves, look for something with STR, VIT, CD
3. Invest for a BIS Crit Mempo
4. Lastly BIS MH with around 1.1k-1.3k DPS with OS, 50% CD with STR and/or VIT is recommended.

EDIT: Get better litany as well with high STR and with CD. really cool for pvp

As for you skill set it looks good that you are using HOTA/REND/WOTB Thrive for higher MP levels which i suggest you continue using it.

you're pretty much good to go mate

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/29/2013 7:00 AM PST
Reply Quote
@BALLER/Jook - guys just got my new spear for 300M, what do you think? i think its pretty good deal. I'm not really satisfied by rend/lacerate damage being dealt by sword against high EHP barbs so i need to invest on high black damage and High CD weapon and good thing Spears come in cheap compared to Maces!
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy

Does the lack of MS hurt you in duels? It seems like most of your opponents would have great mobility and would be hard to track down. Also it looks like you're using Nerves of Steel over Tough as Nails. With 1899 vit and 12000 armor including the vit, I'm wondering if TaN might provide more total armor.
Reply Quote
Hello SnB high roller!!

Welcome to the S&B troops mate, btw nice start and look for your S&B setup, there are a few items you may concentrate on upgrading.

1. High STR, VIT, AR, 2OS Parts
4. Lastly BIS MH with around 1.1k-1.3k DPS with OS, 50% CD with STR and/or VIT is recommended.

As for you skill set it looks good that you are using HOTA/REND/WOTB Thrive for higher MP levels which i suggest you continue using it.

Nike

Thanks Nike!

I'm stilling trying to get a good roll Hellfire Ring or should I just look for a better litany??
Reply Quote
@Nikeboy

Does the lack of MS hurt you in duels? It seems like most of your opponents would have great mobility and would be hard to track down. Also it looks like you're using Nerves of Steel over Tough as Nails. With 1899 vit and 12000 armor including the vit, I'm wondering if TaN might provide more total armor.

Hey man, nerves gives me more armor than TAN.

As for the MS its a nice to have but not mandatory.

vs. range - i use 5 ik set so i have 12% ms bonus however it becomes useless because sprint marathon is required for you to reset the cool down of ignore pain as well as replenishing your health thru life regen. I only use the ik boots just for ik bonus not for the ms. In addition we add throw spec with nerf to MS against range so we dont really have to get close to them all the time.

vs. melee - 24ms is again not mandatory because you would normally just stand face to face and bash pound one another, if they want to play cat and mouse or kite me then sprint marathon then ground stomp stun or leap stun comes in pretty handy for mobility

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/29/2013 3:56 PM PST
Reply Quote

1. High STR, VIT, AR, 2OS Parts

Nike

Thanks Nike!

I'm stilling trying to get a good roll Hellfire Ring or should I just look for a better litany??

Hey man, i gave up already on getting my dream hf ring ive tried countless times already, my friend did get a trifecta hr ring on his 2nd attempt so to told myself this is bullsh!t. If you are patient enough and maybe get lucky then just try and try.

Yes a better litany with additional cd is a great dps boost. If you have a budget get something with 40%+ cd man.

Nike
Reply Quote
What does "BIS" mean and also what should i look out for as in "Black Damage" on weapons?
Reply Quote
BIS is best in slot and black dmg weapons are any weapons that do not contain elemental dmg such as fire, poisen, lightning, ect.
Reply Quote
01/29/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984
@BALLER/Jook - guys just got my new spear for 300M, what do you think? i think its pretty good deal. I'm not really satisfied by rend/lacerate damage being dealt by sword against high EHP barbs so i need to invest on high black damage and High CD weapon and good thing Spears come in cheap compared to Maces!

Yeah very nice spear man, the rend hits so much harder with a spear. If we were able to use weapon masters in pvp, then a sword would probably still be the best for us, but the -15% dmg really hurts the sword!
Reply Quote

Yeah very nice spear man, the rend hits so much harder with a spear. If we were able to use weapon masters in pvp, then a sword would probably still be the best for us, but the -15% dmg really hurts the sword!

thanks mate, yeah its sad we wont be using WM when playing with top tier players, btw someone bought my #1 STR Surcoat for 1.5B, recently bought some new crit mempos and AR ik gloves.

EDIT: yeah to me sword is still what i prefer for PVE man, though i have put my sword in AH just in case someone is interested to buy.
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/30/2013 6:18 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lol Jook mate bought it!, man you should've pm'ed me so i don't deducted by the tax!

http://www.diabloprogress.com/item/22432745

enjoy the #1 str surcoat in the world!

Nike
Reply Quote
Alright, i've sucked up the courage to post in here because as you can see my barb is fairly rag and tag - but i've been s&b from day 1 :)

To place things in perspective, I only manage to play a few hours a week (have 2 kids with autism) and atm i've only got 2m in the bank so I guess upgrades will be few and far between.

But i'm hoping to gain some advice on some bang for buck upgrade paths to look for from you Vets.

Cheers :)
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]