Diablo® III

S&B QA Part 3

@sDoik -- rule #1: Play-style is the biggest difference between a lot of deaths and minimal deaths. Good gear helps, of course. But unless you understand how to synergise your skills, you won't understand how or what to upgrade.

Example: You got a lot of fury spenders but no fury generators. So with that in mind, you might want to switch Frenzy to Bash's Instigation or another rune variant.

That's just one example. More experienced Softcore Barbarians would have a better input than I would :)
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 06:17 AMPosted by Nikeboy1984

Yeah very nice spear man, the rend hits so much harder with a spear. If we were able to use weapon masters in pvp, then a sword would probably still be the best for us, but the -15% dmg really hurts the sword!

thanks mate, yeah its sad we wont be using WM when playing with top tier players, btw someone bought my #1 STR Surcoat for 1.5B, recently bought some new crit mempos and AR ik gloves.

EDIT: yeah to me sword is still what i prefer for PVE man, though i have put my sword in AH just in case someone is interested to buy.

Very nice gloves and mempo man.

Are you not rolling with IK 5 set anymore?

Dont sell the sword man, keep it for PVE. The spear is so bad PVE man, you will still need to farm and stuff... please dont!
Reply Quote
thanks for the surcoat ;)

bro i wanted to i waited all day for you to get on! lol
Edited by Jook#1782 on 1/30/2013 3:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, i've sucked up the courage to post in here because as you can see my barb is fairly rag and tag - but i've been s&b from day 1 :)

To place things in perspective, I only manage to play a few hours a week (have 2 kids with autism) and atm i've only got 2m in the bank so I guess upgrades will be few and far between.

But i'm hoping to gain some advice on some bang for buck upgrade paths to look for from you Vets.

Cheers :)

Get some IK boots, man. You will get some MS and the 2 set bonus, this should be within your budget. Your barb is definetly good enough to bang away at the lower MP levels and farm, which is all you really need to do at this point.

First 2 upgrades I would focus on are your boots and a better shield. I would recommend getting a stormshield with atleast 8 CC. With your budget, aim for the highest block you can get, low 20's would still be fine, considering your budget and current shield.

Some build advice I do have for you is...

Keep Frenzy in there, Acrimony is very smart and the bash idea was a good one. But since you have a decent amount of LOH, frenzy IK belt and low'ish AIS, I feel the frenzy would actually be better for you. Try them both out though and please provide some feedback, it will help other members out as well. The way I see it is, frenzy has more AIS, so your CC goes up with higher AIS, thus causing more procs from into the fray and is very easy to mix frenzy and hota's in together while keeping the 20% maniac bonus.

Then I would change ground stomp out and put HOTA in its place (Smash Rune).
Edited by BALLER#1390 on 1/30/2013 4:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
lol
Reply Quote

thanks mate, yeah its sad we wont be using WM when playing with top tier players, btw someone bought my #1 STR Surcoat for 1.5B, recently bought some new crit mempos and AR ik gloves.

EDIT: yeah to me sword is still what i prefer for PVE man, though i have put my sword in AH just in case someone is interested to buy.

Dont sell the sword man, keep it for PVE. The spear is so bad PVE man, you will still need to farm and stuff... please dont!

Thanks man, Yeah i agree with you on the sword, i actually tested the spear in PVE primarily on MP7 and MP8, with passive buffs and battle rage the spear's rend/lacerate is just melting those mobs like pancakes with about 490%CD+ and HOTA crits go about 1.1-1.3M, though the atkspeed is pathetic. So i would jsut probably keep my sword for PVE.

I'm still using my 5IK set man, i have the ik boots i showed you and my -5 throw ik belt in my stash. I only use it whenever i play with other classes.

Nike
Edited by Nikeboy1984#6661 on 1/30/2013 4:32 PM PST
Reply Quote

Thanks man, Yeah i agree with you on the sword, i actually tested the spear in PVE primarily on MP7 and MP8, with passive buffs and battle rage the spear's rend/lacerate is just melting those mobs like pancakes with about 490%CD+ and HOTA crits go about 1.1-1.3M, though the atkspeed is pathetic. So i would jsut probably keep my sword for PVE.

I'm still using my 5IK set man, i have the ik boots i showed you and my -5 throw ik belt in my stash. I only use it whenever i play with other classes.

Nike

Aw ok, so no IK 5 set for Barb v Barb?
Reply Quote
thanks for the surcoat ;)

bro i wanted to i waited all day for you to get on! lol

no worries bro, been very busy lately at work and i only play like 1-2hr during weekdays which i spend most on AH lol, i have decided to sell it because i need some funds to buy new stuff (crit mempo, AR ik gloves, ik belt with bash bonus) and with my current IK chest im pretty satisfied with it's defense and bonus, though i will miss wearing Surcoat!

PS: i forgot to remove the gems!!! lol

Nike
Reply Quote

Nike

Aw ok, so no IK 5 set for Barb v Barb?

it also depends man, if barb vs barb stand up fight i will just go 2-3ik set depending on the opponent, if the barb uses throw then i sometimes use 5k ik set
Reply Quote
Hey guys! He's coming along!! I have 6 of the 9 keys required for a hellfire ring.. I've made about 20mil in the process.. what would your next upgrade be in the meantime?
Reply Quote
So I just read that in 1.07 legendaries can be dyed invisible!
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:12 PMPosted by sackcrete
Hey guys! He's coming along!! I have 6 of the 9 keys required for a hellfire ring.. I've made about 20mil in the process.. what would your next upgrade be in the meantime?

hey buddy, great stuff on that. I think with your current budget you can upgrade your ik belt with more str...
Reply Quote
01/30/2013 07:12 PMPosted by sackcrete

Go with an IK belt with more strength on it or get a pair of bracers with CC on it.

Hit me up if you need a carry on MP10, we will get you through no problem.
Reply Quote
Hey guys, looking for some help/input/price check :D

i have been playing almost exclusively solo mp4 runs and ubering with some friends at higher mp levels, im usually fine up until mp7-8 with them

wondering if anyone is using a similar build to mine... rageUp-warcryUp-bash-bash-bash-rend-hammer-hammer-hammer-bash-rend-hammeretcetc *wotb*

i find that i cant keep wotb up but that's probably because im really slow picking up everything that drops :P
Reply Quote

i have been playing almost exclusively solo mp4 runs and ubering with some friends at higher mp levels, im usually fine up until mp7-8 with them

wondering if anyone is using a similar build to mine... rageUp-warcryUp-bash-bash-bash-rend-hammer-hammer-hammer-bash-rend-hammeretcetc *wotb*

i find that i cant keep wotb up but that's probably because im really slow picking up everything that drops :P

hey man i use almost the same, but instead of bash i use frenzy and most of us here i think like BALLER and Crypter use frenzy as well. The main key to maintain WOTB is with good atkspeed.
Reply Quote

or you could also upgrade you ivory tower to a sc with 7 cc and + 30 block rANGE, 13 block is like nothing in my experience, your shield gives you nice dps but nealry no migitation.

p.s i also use frenzy :)
Reply Quote
i was actually using Cleave for my entire play time until 2 days ago when i decided to try out Bash. i will try out frenzy as well and see what works best for me.

Not sure if im liking bash over cleave yet....

thanks for the suggestions so far :)
Reply Quote
Anyone looking for some ik gloves?, im selling my old ik gloves for a good price, only 280M http://i50.tinypic.com/2jbl16q.jpg

add me if you are interested...

Nike
Reply Quote
Hey Guy's I have similar build to most of you (S&B HOTA) and I'm looking for feedback on IAS to what the sweet spot is. I played around with it a bit and I'm thinking 2.0...does anyone else concur? If anyone has access to the break points please post as it would be appreciated.

Cheers!
Reply Quote
Anyone looking for some ik gloves?, im selling my old ik gloves for a good price, only 280M http://i50.tinypic.com/2jbl16q.jpg

add me if you are interested...

Nike

I will offer you hearts and kisses! But don't tell ur wife!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]