Diablo® III

path of exile=Bleh

so i bought the 10 dollar beta and ive started to play the game and i do admit that it is comparable to diablo 2..... but it lacks alot... the gameplay feels akward. They copied it exactly like diablo 2... the gems sysytem and abilities are very awesome but it still seems to lack something that diablo 3 has... half of the time i dont even know what im doing and the clutterness of everything is confusing at times... its a great idea but not as fun or game friendly as my diablo 3..... If only there was some way to mix a part of path of exile into the gameplay and graphics of diablo! i wish..... what are your thoughts?
Edited by IceQueen#1136 on 1/23/2013 12:09 PM PST
Reply Quote
I had the same thoughts. Very diablo2-esque. It was fun for a while. I found that the gameplay was not nearly as "action-packed" and really felt like the melee classes were lacking in combat variety.

It is only a beta...and supposedly it is going to be F2P so i'm probably going to be playing it alongside D3 regardless.
Reply Quote
Really it is just a way more in depth D2 I mean even potions have stats. I plan on playing both games, especially when pvp goes live for d3.
Edited by Scrub#1427 on 1/23/2013 12:11 PM PST
Reply Quote
I'd argue that Diablo 2's combat is actually better than Path of Exiles.

Crazy. I know.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/23/2013 12:12 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:11 PMPosted by Scrub
Really it is just a way more in depth D2 I mean even potions have stats.

I lol'd when i saw a potion upgrade. I was like really a new type of beaker to hold my juice! HELL YEAH...lmao
Reply Quote
View profile
Some games tend to stay in Beta forever... it's a way to make people be more lenient towards them.
Reply Quote
OP, PoE is a lot more hands on & complicated than D3. Takes a while to understand the systems to any degree.

It's made for hardcore arpg players for the most part. It's not for everyone.
Reply Quote
Diablo 3 should copy POEs gem system, leagues and rerolling.
Reply Quote
View profile
OP, PoE is a lot more hands on & complicated than D3. Takes a while to understand the systems to any degree.

Oh, so you get to decide who's hardcore arpg players now?
Reply Quote
View profile

I wish I was hardcore. Maybe I should quit life.

Um, I get to squeeze time for gaming. Instead of spending Friday nights and Saturday partying, I play games. It saves me a lot of $...
Reply Quote
View profile
01/23/2013 12:13 PMPosted by Otis

Exactly...which is why Diablo 3 was doomed before it ever launched. Playing Diablo is no longer an elite thing to do. It's no longer the hardcore gamer thing to do. It's more mainstream and the "hardcore" players just hate that. ;-)

Of course, now that most of those hardcore players have bought tons of gear off the AH in D3, they're going to go to PoE with all that desire for instant gratification, they're going to get dazzled by the huge skill tree, and they're going to get confused and bored.

Just watch.
Reply Quote
I had the same thoughts. Very diablo2-esque. It was fun for a while. I found that the gameplay was not nearly as "action-packed" and really felt like the melee classes were lacking in combat variety.

It is only a beta...and supposedly it is going to be F2P so i'm probably going to be playing it alongside D3 regardless.

OH my GOd... I dont understand you, poeple... We are here on this diablo 3 forum and keep hearing how much Diablo 3 isnt enough like diablo 2 and now we are hearing that Poe is too much like diablo 2..... Pathetic, really pathetic
Reply Quote

Can't see where I said that.

If a person likes not having to have choices as to how they wish to play, then D3 is the perfect streamlined game for them.

If a person likes options and character development, then PoE might be a better option.

Different strokes for different folks.

See you in the beta?
Reply Quote

OH my GOd... I dont understand you, poeple... We are here on this diablo 3 forum and keep hearing how much Diablo 3 isnt enough like diablo 2 and now we are hearing that Poe is too much like diablo 2..... Pathetic, really pathetic
you can never please 100% of the people 100% of the time, no one understands that :P
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:19 PMPosted by CardinalMDM

Exactly...which is why Diablo 3 was doomed before it ever launched. Playing Diablo is no longer an elite thing to do. It's no longer the hardcore gamer thing to do. It's more mainstream and the "hardcore" players just hate that. ;-)

Of course, now that most of those hardcore players have bought tons of gear off the AH in D3, they're going to go to PoE with all that desire for instant gratification, they're going to get dazzled by the huge skill tree, and they're going to get confused and bored.

Just watch.

I tend to agree.
Reply Quote
89 Gnome Mage
lol its open beta. Why would you pay the 10 dollars to get in? lol
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]