Diablo® III

Most cost-effective upgrades/tradeoffs?

Right now, I'm at 130K "white" DPS (with +12% to HA and EA).

I've got about 40M in gold. I realize I've gotten to the point where "incremental" upgrades are difficult, if not impossible, without sacrificing somewhere else.

If my goal is max DPS w/o becoming a complete glass cannon (i.e., life below 40K or AR below 315), where should I spend my gold? Are there good tradeoffs I could make (e.g., give up CD on an item for CC/AS instead)?
Edited by Vanadin77#1614 on 1/23/2013 12:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
15 Undead Rogue
There needs to be another forum for questions like this, there are so many a day.
Reply Quote
I'd sacrifice the vit in your viles for 100 more dex. that'll give you a nice bump.

with the gold you have left get a 100% CD gem for your weapon

o/
Reply Quote
First, find a better DML (250+ dext, 200+Vit, 19-20 % IAS with Hungering or Elemental) You will probably lose discipline........ :(

Then, as Veritech said, Vile ward with more Dext and no Vit (you will have more Vit with your New DML anyway) and better gem (all Emeraude)

sorry for my english.....

Good luck!
Reply Quote
I'd sacrifice the vit in your viles for 100 more dex. that'll give you a nice bump.

with the gold you have left get a 100% CD gem for your weapon

o/

Thanks for the advice. So far I've upgraded my CD gem to 90% (100% costs a lot!), and I managed to find a Vile Ward with an extra 80 DEX for about 5 million.

I also managed to sell my old one (I don't have enough time to play other characters) for about 4M, so the net upgrade cost was only 1M. :)
Reply Quote

I also managed to sell my old one (I don't have enough time to play other characters) for about 4M, so the net upgrade cost was only 1M. :)

well that's how it goes! it wasn't until recently that I could buy new gear without selling the old.

baby steps :)

but it's part of the fun of the game!
as soon as you can afford it, get the 100% gem. just tell yourself that you only have to buy it once..you'll keep it for as long as you play
o/
Reply Quote
Nat boots for 7% extra crit chance with your ring should boost dps
Reply Quote
@YellowStyle: I have the Nat boots; I go back and forth between those and the Fire Walkers depending on what MP I'm running. I was probably running an MP0, where I'd rather have the XP than the DPS.
Edited by Vanadin77#1614 on 1/24/2013 8:49 PM PST
Reply Quote
when farming MP0/1 you want as high CC as possible so that you can one-shot all white mobs (that's what speeds up your runs)
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:47 PMPosted by Vanadin77
@YellowStyle: I have the Nat boots; I go back and forth between those and the Fire Walkers depending on what MP I'm running. I was probably running an MP0, where I'd rather have the XP than the DPS.

what do you mean youd rather have the XP than the dps? firewalks give some sort of xp boost im not aware of lol?
Reply Quote
My apologies. I go back and forth between Hellfire/Fire Walkers and the Nat's set.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 01:51 PMPosted by Mannowar
There needs to be another forum for questions like this, there are so many a day.

How about if we get rid of all the pointless gear adverts from the class forums, and let the AH do its job?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]