Diablo® III

Non bound Marquise Gems

Me and my brother will no longer share gems............................................................................................................................................................... GREAT IDEA!!.....................................................................................................................................................................
Reply Quote
You can not change your avatar you?
Because it make people uncomfortable.
Reply Quote
As noted in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/#crafting"]patch 1.0.7 PTR patch notes[/url], Marquise gems should be account-bound, although the designs for them are not account-bound.

There’s currently a bug on the PTR, however, that’s causing some slippery Marquise gems produced by Covetous Shen not to be account-bound. But we've had a chat with him, and those gems should become account-bound shortly as well – either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

(Note: Socketing a Marquise gem into an item will make that item temporarily account-bound. Once the gem is unsocketed, though, the item will no longer be bound.)

how about making them not account bound, instead?
Reply Quote
Account bound? Are you serious D3 dev's. Not a very smart move there.

Why in the hell am I going to invest that kind of money/gold into a gem that is account bound?

DO NOT MAKE THESE NEW GEMS ACCOUNT BOUND.
Reply Quote
Account bound? Are you serious D3 dev's. Not a very smart move there.

Why in the hell am I going to invest that kind of money/gold into a gem that is account bound?

DO NOT MAKE THESE NEW GEMS ACCOUNT BOUND.

Many have complained about too many gems and too much gold in circulation. This is a significant, and badly needed gold and gem sink. The new crafting recipes will hopefully take some more gold out of circulation as well. This is the only thing I see BoA accomplishing.

If you don't like this method of scuttling gems and gold, what are some suggestions for an alternative?
Reply Quote
I have never posted on these forums, due to the fact i really never had much to "complain" about but this is where i draw the line. Making these gems account bound is probably one of the worst ideas ever. You might want to take the community's advice and admit it was a bad decision. I have always loved gem crafting and i've dropped a lot of gold into it, also i have made a lot of gold from it. but what you are doing now is just insainty. you are basically forceing someone to just throw away 90-100m of gold on a gem they can never get rid of. I just don't see the logic in that. gem prices have always vairied like when you guys released the 1.07patch notes all gem prices sky rocketed. Flawess Square Emralds when from and average of 5-6k up to a whooping 22k a pop! Granted it didnt last long. But still for the people like the (barbs) that always see emrald drops were having a field day. I ask you to reconsider this horrible horrible decision. and give the comminuty what they want just this one time, please. Thanks :)
Edited by Deagle#1540 on 2/3/2013 2:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 11:26 AMPosted by Vaeflare
As noted in the [url="http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/8414570/#crafting"]patch 1.0.7 PTR patch notes[/url], Marquise gems should be account-bound, although the designs for them are not account-bound.

Account bound gems are not a good idea.

What the heck happened to this being a Diablo game? Account bound gems, account bound rings, account binding armor.

Take your WoW mechanics out of Diablo please, they don't belong here.
Reply Quote
ill not make them if they are to be account bound. No thanks... bad idea IMO. maybe if it was a rare gem. that u can find or somthing but crafted... sounds dumb
Edited by plaguemist#1464 on 2/2/2013 11:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
So dumb.

Just make trading them a cost.

It would be a cost, the 15% AH tax which would be not only a significant gold sink but would likely bring crafting profits back. No idea what they're afraid of, maybe duping on them? In that case they're hurting the 99% just to control the 1%. Either way, bad.

I know right? They finally come up with an upgrade, and then ruin it by not making it tradeable.
Is this of how their balancing works?
Reply Quote
Please bring back diamonds and skulls from diablo 2, instead of making like 10 precent changes to gems and deciding to make the gems account bound.

this games needs real change.
Reply Quote

There’s currently a bug on the PTR, however, that’s causing some slippery Marquise gems produced by Covetous Shen not to be account-bound. But we've had a chat with him, and those gems should become account-bound shortly as well – either in a future PTR build or once 1.0.7 launches.

(Note: Socketing a Marquise gem into an item will make that item temporarily account-bound. Once the gem is unsocketed, though, the item will no longer be bound.)

............................................________
....................................,.-'"...................``~.,
.............................,.-"..................................."-.,
.........................,/...............................................":,
.....................,?......................................................,
.................../...........................................................,}
................./......................................................,:`^`..}
.............../...................................................,:"........./
..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../
............./__.(....."~-,_..............................,:`........../
.........../(_...."~,_........"~,_....................,:`........_/
..........{.._$;_......"=,_......."-,_.......,.-~-,},.~";/....}
...........((.....*~_......."=-._......";,,./`..../"............../
...,,,___.`~,......"~.,....................`.....}............../
............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-"
............/.`~,......`-...................................../
.............`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....,__
,,_..........}.>-._...................................|..............`=~-,
.....`=~-,__......`,.................................
...................`=~-,,.,...............................
................................`:,,...........................`..............__
.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``
........................................_..........._,-%.......`
Reply Quote
you bring out a new tier of gems and then slap a account bound on them so noone will want them since theres zero profit to be made and will put a final nail in the crafting coffin.
Reply Quote
As far as I can tell, Account Binding is trying to bring the offline world to the online.

Better off having an offline and online version. Separate characters for offline, separate for online.
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:24 PMPosted by TheStampede
they are a new gold sink, and the first ever GEM sink. expect prices on RSt gems to go up, as now the can LEAVE the market, instead of just going in (either from crafting or excessive duping). this ensures that they will always have a solid value as a commodity, as eventually they would become infinite without a sink, and eventually they would be cheaper to buy on AH then to craft. if you don't like spending gold on something that can't be traded away, DON'T CRAFT IT. the only one that has a significant upgrade from the previous gems is the M ruby, and even then only the wep effect gets a boost. since its just black dmg it will have the same effect for all classes, meaning BoA isn't an issue since any of your chars can use it with the same effectiveness. (with the 5m un socket fee) i foresee pretty much everybody except the very top people just sticking to RSt everything except the ruby in the wep, but thats fine. A lot of people haven't even gotten to that tier yet. i really just wish they would add the gems and tomes/pages to the auto pickup radius though, i spend more time going back to pick those up than killing things when farming. also SOOO much clicking involved in crafting RSt gems. (1600+ tomes to pick up, 700+ FSq gems, and a LOT of time at shen's hut. like over ten minutes just clicking craft, wait 1 sec, craft, wait, etc.)

+1
Reply Quote
Terrible idea to go with account bound items, but if you arent going to tell us why or change it, please take this into account:

If the account bound items still follow the 3:1, please change it to a 2:1 ratio instead and cut the pricetag in half, it'll still be a goldsink but not as extreme as it currently is planned to be, thus making average players be able to afford them aswell.

Also remove the unsoc cost of 5 mil, players change the gems around and even a 5mil pricetag will hurt top-tier players in the end,not to mention ruin average players. Make it 50,000 Gold. If you switch the gems around alot, it'll still hurt your wallet in the same way as you plan it to be. but give overall players a better chance of enjoying their already expensive account bound gems.
Edited by Zee#2131 on 2/4/2013 1:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/31/2013 12:24 PMPosted by TheStampede
they are a new gold sink, and the first ever GEM sink. expect prices on RSt gems to go up, as now the can LEAVE the market, instead of just going in (either from crafting or excessive duping). this ensures that they will always have a solid value as a commodity, as eventually they would become infinite without a sink, and eventually they would be cheaper to buy on AH then to craft. if you don't like spending gold on something that can't be traded away, DON'T CRAFT IT. the only one that has a significant upgrade from the previous gems is the M ruby, and even then only the wep effect gets a boost. since its just black dmg it will have the same effect for all classes, meaning BoA isn't an issue since any of your chars can use it with the same effectiveness. (with the 5m un socket fee) i foresee pretty much everybody except the very top people just sticking to RSt everything except the ruby in the wep, but thats fine. A lot of people haven't even gotten to that tier yet. i really just wish they would add the gems and tomes/pages to the auto pickup radius though, i spend more time going back to pick those up than killing things when farming. also SOOO much clicking involved in crafting RSt gems. (1600+ tomes to pick up, 700+ FSq gems, and a LOT of time at shen's hut. like over ten minutes just clicking craft, wait 1 sec, craft, wait, etc.)

I totally agree!
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]