Diablo® III

For poops and giggles

So I have been trading some gear around on the PTR in an attempt to try to figure out PvP....turns out I am not all that great at it yet.....but I'm gonna work at it when I have time.

But, because I have access to a lot of gear I normally wouldn't I decided to try out Skorn WW MP10 farming with some real boss gear and here are the results:

Act 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik9KrMQELeI&feature=youtu.be

Act 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

It was a lot of fun and very, very fast......some of the most powerful gear in the game with one of the fastest farming builds available.....

Needless to say I won't have access to any of this gear post-PTR, but it's fun to play around with, thought I would share.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/24/2013 12:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
Just did another vid this time with Brawler and Lacerate on Rend....I killed an elite group of Skeleton Axe wielders in 16 seconds.....

Wow, this is insanely fast....makes MP10 feel like 1.04

http://youtu.be/YmYEWCnEF9U
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/23/2013 9:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
Some crazy damage... Good stuff.
Reply Quote
(Excuse me while I change my pants)

I'm a little surprised that you were able to make it look that smooth with only 1.42 APS unbuffed.
Reply Quote
Wayne. Reason being you're using your new hybrid build.

Skorn Rend ticks for close to 2x the damage of dualwielding.

I'm not surprised if you're doing 250-300k damage per tick on skorn.

But I fear the fury issues of skorn might be too much.

Try MP10 on other maps perhaps?

Edit: Just saw your profile. Sick gear bro. >.>
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/23/2013 9:35 PM PST
Reply Quote

Sure....suggestions?

Also, I know why the build works awesome with a Skorn....just wanted to show it off, hahaha.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/23/2013 9:34 PM PST
Reply Quote

Sure....suggestions?

Also, I know why the build works awesome with a Skorn....just wanted to show it off, hahaha.

Act 2 Mines> Desolate> Vault> Oasis.

Btw. Whose gear was that?
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/23/2013 9:36 PM PST
Reply Quote
Act 2 Mines> Desolate> Vault> Oasis.Btw. Whose gear was that?

Alright, I'll take that lap right now, see if I can pull it off....I used to run WW w/o a fury generator for quite a while with low attack speed.....but yeah, it's been a while, so hopefully I can still pull it off....

And the gear is a big mashed together pile of everyone's donations that were made in my gear swap thread.

EDIT: PTR is bugging out for me right now....might have to wait until tomorrow
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/23/2013 9:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:38 PMPosted by Wayneold
Act 2 Mines> Desolate> Vault> Oasis.Btw. Whose gear was that?

Alright, I'll take that lap right now, see if I can pull it off....I used to run WW w/o a fury generator for quite a while with low attack speed.....but yeah, it's been a while, so hopefully I can still pull it off....

And the gear is a big mashed together pile of everyone's donations that were made in my gear swap thread.

:P which breakpoint are you on it?
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 09:39 PMPosted by Uberjager
:P which breakpoint are you on it?

17 ticks per second w/ WoTB
Reply Quote
Yeah, PTR is giving me Error 3006 all the sudden....looks like I might have to put off trying the different map until I can get in.
Reply Quote
Ok, Uber, I did your path, but unfortunately the free software I have stops recording after 10 min so you didnt get to see the keywarden kill....but, youll get the point...it's not very hard to keep Wrath even with this run. I did lose Wrath transitioning between the mines into the desolate sands, but that was more out of unfortunate circumstances than anything....after that I kept the same WoTB for 7 min +

Having rend in the build makes it easier to maintain WoTB because of it's fury spending benefits...this is a very long upload....but I'll keep you posted when it's ready

Also, in this video I kill 15 elite packs, and at 6:47 - 6:58 I kill a pack in 11 seconds....I believe that's a new record for me.

It will be here when it is finally uploaded:

http://youtu.be/gqxK5iUITGk

30 min from the time of this edit
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/23/2013 11:31 PM PST
Reply Quote
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be
Reply Quote
Skorn WW is actually very viable (I switched about 2 mths back). If you have the gear for it, it would match the best DW builds out there.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 02:19 AMPosted by DAKKON
Skorn WW is actually very viable (I switched about 2 mths back). If you have the gear for it, it would match the best DW builds out there.

Try running it with Rend like the build I had....it's insanely fast....
Reply Quote
(Excuse me while I change my pants)

I'm a little surprised that you were able to make it look that smooth with only 1.42 APS unbuffed.

with Rend in the build it is surprisingly easy to keep WoTB, check out my timer on some of the battles, it goes from next to nothing back to full

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqxK5iUITGk&feature=youtu.be

check it out at around 0:50
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/24/2013 9:57 AM PST
Reply Quote
Nice. Very nice.
Reply Quote
And people wondered why I was playing in MP10 most of the time :P

The gear quality makes it fun to see those monstrous crits and tanking abilities. Who cares if it's inefficient? It's so much more engaging to smash smash smash and rend rend rend and whirlwind and sprint away.

The gear we have for MP10 is second to none.
Reply Quote
By the way, if you're going to Rend, you will need to play a little more differently if you want to be as 'efficient' as possible; use DTWW as your way to scout around the map. By scouting and doing damage simultaneously, you can get a pretty good idea of what direction to go for maximum loot, XP/min, and limiting Wrath downtime. Skorn can be fun, but I dislike the animation that goes with it.
Reply Quote
Actually, with this gear on the PTR I determined MP10 to be the most efficient XP available...over 2 mill xp/min.

Having both Overpower and Rend in the build makes for huge AoE damage with a 2H like Skorn.
Edited by Wayneold#1685 on 1/24/2013 10:35 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]