Diablo® III

Why is it EXACTLY 2.74 AS that is needed?

But yet the CC is a range of what, 45-50%? Doesn't the amount of CC affect how much AS you'd need? Whether 46% CC or 49% CC, it's exactly 2.74 AS? Why? I'm a WD, could somebody explain this?
Reply Quote
It's not exactly 2.74, it's more like 2.72728. The reason is because below that you get 33 tics per ww but at or above you get 36 tics, and WW tics is one of the main CM procs for CMWW wizards.
Reply Quote
WW our main procer which resets cool downs and refills mana ticks at an appropriate rate to reset cooldowns and keep well relatively full to lock down high health single elites there and spam.

Anything less is garbage on singles but perfectly fine two or more enemies.
Reply Quote
Well....I've been and continue be a hardcore meteor Wiz.....(never tried straight up freeze) But the gameplay has been a bit boring......I tried out perma-freeze SNS tonight on MP7 and had a blast I come in at 2.76 AS 51% CC with scoundrel. Great change of pace!!!
Reply Quote
^^ heh, yes I was dead set against doing CMWW for awhile, but now that's I'm farming keys:

1) I can survive higher MP's, get quick stacks, and
2) my repair bills are lower
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 10:49 PMPosted by DethAxe
heh, yes I was dead set against doing CMWW for awhile, but now that's I'm farming keys

Funky LS chants with no LOH mempo apoc lol, one of a kind =)
Reply Quote
^^ heh, it works just fine -- RD is meaningless to me.... and I have 19 APOC and 55% CC. Issue? Not here... and AS is well below 2.7, BTW... for farming, >2.7 is absolutely not needed evar...

EDIT: I have 20 APOC and never go dry :-) bulb refills INSTANTLY (actually, both life AND mana LOL)
Edited by DethAxe#1328 on 1/21/2013 1:28 AM PST
Reply Quote
Don't tempt me to drop to 2.501 and go gaga on AR/Armor =)
Reply Quote
^^ you should actually; trust me, or I'll give you my gear in PTR then you can judge faily :-)
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 01:26 AMPosted by Comrade
Don't tempt me to drop to 2.501 and go gaga on AR/Armor =)
you should. 2.74 doesn't actually raise your effective dps compared to your sheet dps. but 2.51 you can get more dps and more eHP.
Reply Quote
The ticks help the LOH and AP recovery. But that is the compromise.

too bad there is no efficient way to plot 2.501 or magic numbers

4*9=36 1.84wand ( NA )
5*9=45 1.73wand
6*9=54 1.63wand assume same gear OS same DPS gain 100CD 21k dps/ 24.5k dps 110CD
Reply Quote
2.5 is fine, but once you are used to 2.74, it's hard to go back tbh. And reaching 2.74 is easy with whatever kind of Wand. Reaching 3.01 otoh is severyly difficult though. I don't think there is any reason you don't shoot for 2.74 beside budget.
Reply Quote
2.5as Breakpoint isn't that bad is you have the extra LOH to support your HP and extra Crit to support your Apoc returns/CM procs to reset your skills.

I ran a very viable build at 2.5 with Sloraks Madness and Oculus Source. This is the build I ended up doing the most DPS to MP10 Ghom. Then I got drunk and accidently sold my OP wand for 25m. Gem was worth that alone /sigh.
Reply Quote
2.5as Breakpoint isn't that bad is you have the extra LOH to support your HP and extra Crit to support your Apoc returns/CM procs to reset your skills.

I ran a very viable build at 2.5 with Sloraks Madness and Oculus Source. This is the build I ended up doing the most DPS to MP10 Ghom. Then I got drunk and accidently sold my OP wand for 25m. Gem was worth that alone /sigh.

How much LoH and CC do you think we should have at 2.5?

Also you suck.
Reply Quote
How much LoH and CC do you think we should have at 2.5?

Also you suck.

2ndly - thx

But back to business. How much CC and LOH as 2.5? Well thats based on your mitigation really. More mitigation less LOH you need. If you use a Sloraks wand with +7-8 WW you can get way with in game CC of 50. LOH I would recommend 1200 at this AS.

The extra CD damage from the wand seems to do more effective dps than a 2.73/3AS wiz does with the same DPS.
Reply Quote
So I assume it's your current mitigation level? Sound interesting but if I use Chant, I guess I will need like 60 CC. Lol not easy.
Reply Quote
Focus less on DPS... Oculus can adds 6%Elites dmaage bonus and there cheap. Sloraks seem to have jumped alot lately though. Used to find then all under 40m.

If its a Sloraks with 7/8WW you can get away with 50cc in game - not that hard.
Reply Quote
I dream long of the day i can use wizardspike!
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 04:29 AMPosted by Comrade
I dream long of the day i can use wizardspike!

I dream of the day Wizardspike can roll just 1....... random - what a joke.
Reply Quote
With 7/8 WW CC Slorak 2.5 is perfectly fine for freezing if you are at 55% cc mark (Slorak puts you to 62%+).

Yep I'm getting better freezing with 3.01 as and 55.5% cc, but 2.74 as looks like old Sloraks setting - when I need higher dmg, I switch to slower socketed Chantodos and it puts me right to 2.74 so I'm comparing it all day all night.

2.5 is bad in LoH thing, thats it. I lost a lot of mitigation on the way for 3.01 as and yep I'm even better than before. More attack speed means that I don't even reach 600 all res/4700 armor mark and still I'm doing better than with 870 all res/6200 armor.

Gearing begginers wizards I end up with this cheap setting: 2.74 or 3.01 as, 1400+ LoH, 45% cc, 19 apoc, 4200 armor/500 all res, 45k life.

Geared like 3 guys last week and they are pleased that they can freeze well, and sustain MP10. Cheap cheap cheap, right stats in right slots, and upgrades just for getting higher numbers of what a guy already has...
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]