Diablo® III

Why is it EXACTLY 2.74 AS that is needed?

I agree that you may be correct. I myself was considering to go the 2.51 breakpoint in exchange for more dps and ehp.

Test with Ghom and my multiplier factor was the same as 2.74 as well. (My average ping is 250ms, so maybe that's why)

While 2.51 can't chain freeze a monster as effectively, it is very rare that you need to just chain freeze one monster (this includes ubers as well).

Off my head, I can only think of the following, but I can't chain freeze them with 2.74aps either (am using bone chill, does it make a difference?)

1. Treasure Goblin
2. A3 Keywarden
3. Ranged elites with fast affixes (Gobin shaman, sandfly etc)
Reply Quote
A treasure goblin you should be able to do with 2.51aps. It's all in the technique you apply. Don't frost nova immediately and wait until they stop running (before they teleport) and you can lock them down nicely.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 06:54 PMPosted by DethAxe
U bet -- I'll let you know how it goes! My offer to take my gear and test yourself in PTR is still on the table but nobody responded because I'm correct :-)

Lol it's not about winning or losing, if it works, it works. I will be happy to take your gear, or some modifications, in PTR to test myself. Add me in PTR novice#1750
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 07:46 PMPosted by TekkZero
A treasure goblin you should be able to do with 2.51aps. It's all in the technique you apply. Don't frost nova immediately and wait until they stop running (before they teleport) and you can lock them down nicely.

I tried that, but the goblin just keep running. By the time they stopped, the portal is opened and it is ready to go in. The portal did not disappear even when I freeze it then. Nowadays, I just ignore them.

Sadly, the only thing I do with my Wizard nowadays is farm A2 keys, even though it is my main char. I don't even get to uber with her as every party need only 1 wizard and I will be forced to use my barbarian. For mf farming, I use my barb as well as he is faster even when equipped with mf items.
Edited by Spyky#1981 on 1/21/2013 8:35 PM PST
Reply Quote
Well I tried with 2.61 aps. The LoH deficit is quite noticeable in Mp 9 or 10, however I think I can run it in MP 8 or below, as with DF, I have no problem sustain AP in many situations. I guess because my gear is far better than before, and I use DF instead of BC, the results are quite favorable, I can run more DPS at lower aps, or more EHP (a lot more), depend on I choose my Ring or my Chest to replace.

So maybe if I want speed run in MP s such as 8, I will go with 2.61. But for MP 9, I think I still need 2.73, the loss in LoH put me on the edge quite often it's not funny. MP 8 my mitigation alone can handle the loss though.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 08:11 PMPosted by Spyky

I tried that, but the goblin just keep running. By the time they stopped, the portal is opened and it is ready to go in. The portal did not disappear even when I freeze it then. Nowadays, I just ignore them.

Sadly, the only thing I do with my Wizard nowadays is farm A2 keys, even though it is my main char. I don't even get to uber with her as every party need only 1 wizard and I will be forced to use my barbarian. For mf farming, I use my barb as well as he is faster even when equipped with mf items.

If they keep running after you nova, it means you were premature. The only time you know you nova'd at the right time is when you freeze and he stays frozen. If he dashes you jumped the gun.
Reply Quote
Something that bothers me is why the simulator states the CM Procs are so high. Isnt the formula for predicting energy twisters: (#ActiveTwisters)*(Tick Rate / second)*Proc Coefficient*Crit Chance? If so, it's almost as if the simulator is running with a proc rate of 0.25 for wicked wind.
Specifically, for a simulation where I had 10.09 active twisters and 2.81aps/55%cc (ww_targets_hit = 1, num_targets = 1), I got the Average CM procs per second = 9.36 (91.40% from WW). Which means 8.555 procs from wicked wind. However, using the above formula I get: (10.09)*(36/6)*0.125*0.55 = 4.1621 procs. That's 2.0555x more than it presumably should be. Am I missing something about estimating the procs from Wicked Wind? I thought the proc multiplier for CM was 1... or is it 2?

It's because he uses some modification for APoC and CM procs to make the numbers work out. The CM proc should be 1. You'd have to talk to the sim author to find out why.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]