Diablo® III

Arcane Orb PTR

Has anyone used Arcane Orb on PTR?, or can test AO on PTR. Please leave some feedback in my post so we can try get it buffed to be actually useful, cheers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709281553?page=1#0
Reply Quote
If you want Blizzard to fix Wizards guys, you need to leave feedback for them.

Please try it out on PTR if you can and leave your opinions. The more feedback the more chance of them adjusting our skills.

I've only covered Arcane Orb. There are other skills that have been changed.
Reply Quote
What do you want them to change it to?
Reply Quote
A dps spell worthy of using Arcane Power. We have signature spells that hit harder. Try Firebolts on PTR and see how much DPS they do, then try your AP spender - Arcane Orb.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Aphraell
A dps spell worthy of using Arcane Power

I know that, sillies. What weapon damage %.

I can't try it on PTR because I don't have PTR downloaded.
Reply Quote
Well Meteor is 260% +60% over 3 seceonds and castable at any spot you can see on the screen, whilst Arcane Orb is 200% and it travels linearly making it harder to hit what your aiming for.

I'd would go as high as 300% weapon damage. Or add some bling to effects and/or reduce AP costs.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/21/2013 9:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Hit the PTR peoples.
Reply Quote
See my suggestion. The Orb should do something else in addition to damage.
Reply Quote
yeah. it should vortex mobs at the point of impact..

arcane orbit should work like manitou.
Reply Quote
Arcane orb has a stun effect and can activate temporal flux, which also got a buff this patch.

Its behavior is not inferior to meteor. I used arcane orb for 6 months and was quite happy with it. You basically trade the instant cast and lower cost of arcane orb for the ability to hit the center of groups and the higher damage of meteor.

The only reason I switched to forked lightning was I finally had the crit to make it worthwhile and the recently introduced A2 keywarden makes AO useless. Meteor is better for missile dampening and arcane orb is better for fast mobs.

The only fix arcane orb needs (since its damage has been buffed) is to increase its proc coefficient. Otherwise, arcane orb with tap the source is an excellent and effecient AP spender that does not require a signature spell at low MP levels.
Reply Quote
yeah. it should vortex mobs at the point of impact..

arcane orbit should work like manitou.

I like the vortex idea.

Arcane Orb(Vortex), Frost Nova, Meteor(Impact).
Reply Quote
How about an Orb that doesnt do an AOE attack but Explodes for 600% Weapon damage to the first target it hits.
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/22/2013 3:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
Lie, Cheat or Steal.

Add something to the PTR feedback thread to try and get a buff where we might actually use the damn spell.
Reply Quote
I am sold with the vortex idea.
Reply Quote
View profile
I spammed orb threads before and I will continue.

Damnit hell yea!
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:40 AMPosted by Aphraell
How about an Orb that doesnt do an AOE attack but Explodes for 600% Weapon damage to the first target it hits.

agreed, current is 175%, even if they buff it to 350% - 400% people will still wont use it.
Reply Quote
Need more people chiming in. This is OUR Wizard.

Try PTR, offer feedback in above thread, offer ideas maybe?
Edited by Aphraell#1269 on 1/22/2013 3:17 PM PST
Reply Quote
Arcane Orb just moves too slow. If it goes at Magic Missile speed, I'd use it... then again, higher damage would help, too.

FFS Wave of Light damage, I'd like that.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Fatamorgana

agreed, current is 175%, even if they buff it to 350% - 400% people will still wont use it.

350 or 400%? First, noone would ever use meteor if they did that, and secondly, it would be way too much damage.
Reply Quote
Rynn don't take offense but your wizard is very undergeared and you obviously can't farm high MP. This spell is useless later on.

Yes its impressive at MP0/1 after that its a waste of time.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]