Diablo® III

1.77/1.78/1.79 - which is which nowadays?

seeing how 1.79 ones are rare and expensive and how a lot have already transitioned to 1.65 os or cd ones for dat dps, are we really left with 1.77 and 1.78 wands or have the whole cm/ww-sns build spiraled into other weapon system since we can already easily move aspd around to other gears?
Reply Quote
It really depends on your gear, 1.79 only gives you more rooms for future upgrade, otherwise it's the same as others as long as you can reach 3.0.
Reply Quote
hey picha -- depends on goals really. mine are simple: 1) MP7 key farming with 2) best stacking speed and 3) few to zero deaths. I've succeeded recently.

since I'm on PTR I can loan you any gear you want; I have 1.78 wand, 1.65 LS wand, APOC source, crit mempo, high VIT Inna's... it's sandbox time, so you can play with my toys all you want :-) you can run over 3.01 or 2.51; whatever you want to try for a few days... I have others lined up ATM but I'll give you a free pass to front of the line LOL

I'll be on PTR in four hours from this post...

C ya!
Reply Quote
View profile
i dont understand 1.79s no matter what u need 8 ias peices to make 3 with either of them may as well go cheaper higher dps. the difference bewteen 1.79 and 1.77 is 2 ias on gear.
Reply Quote
My impression is 1.75+aps are all good at getting you to the 3.0aps with 8 ias pieces. However, it's also worth noting that only 1.78+aps wands can get you to the 2.73aps breakpoint with only 6ias pieces, which opens a CM/WW wiz up to other gearing opportunities. Unfortunately, good ias chant's are getting expensive.
Reply Quote
hey picha -- depends on goals really. mine are simple: 1) MP7 key farming with 2) best stacking speed and 3) few to zero deaths. I've succeeded recently.

since I'm on PTR I can loan you any gear you want; I have 1.78 wand, 1.65 LS wand, APOC source, crit mempo, high VIT Inna's... it's sandbox time, so you can play with my toys all you want :-) you can run over 3.01 or 2.51; whatever you want to try for a few days... I have others lined up ATM but I'll give you a free pass to front of the line LOL

I'll be on PTR in four hours from this post...

C ya!

i bet you were excited when you typed this one out. i don't do ptr ._.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/21/2013 10:27 PMPosted by TekkZero
My impression is 1.75+aps are all good at getting you to the 3.0aps with 8 ias pieces. However, it's also worth noting that only 1.78+aps wands can get you to the 2.73aps breakpoint with only 6ias pieces, which opens a CM/WW wiz up to other gearing opportunities. Unfortunately, good ias chant's are getting expensive.

Indeed like some serious 50 CD gloves or cheap 100CD ammy. But I bought my 1.77 b4 we even knew about breakpoints. 1.78 is the way to fly for 2.73 on a 'budget'
Edited by Aimless#1700 on 1/21/2013 10:33 PM PST
Reply Quote
I still prefer 1.79 Wand if I can afford, upgrading Wand is unlikely if you have 1.1k DPS Wand, but upgrading other pieces is very likely to happen, so more relaxed if I have 1.79 Wand.

Ofc it's personal preference, but now I start looking for Tripox I realize the value of 1.65 Wand, it's like a few hundred mil difference for Pox lol
Reply Quote
are there still 1k dps 1.79 ones?
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Aimless
1.78 is the way to fly for 2.73 on a 'budget'

I am the budget king =)
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:33 PMPosted by pichapiegal
are there still 1k dps 1.79 ones?

There was a 1.2k DPS 1.79 Wand @ 300M yesterday. Good deal.
Reply Quote
can reach 3.01 with 1.76
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:36 PMPosted by novice
There was a 1.2k DPS 1.79 Wand @ 300M yesterday. Good deal.

aw too bad

my current wand now is 1.1k 1.77 and i got that for like dot dot dot 40m.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Magician
can reach 3.01 with 1.76

100% true, I tried/failed... even w/ 8 +9iAS pieces...

Looks like NOVICE gets the gear, man! Be on PTR in 3 hours, 30 minutes or HMU in regular game if you can't find me :p
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:32 PMPosted by Aimless

Indeed like some serious 50 CD gloves or cheap 100CD ammy. But I bought my 1.77 b4 we even knew about breakpoints. 1.78 is the way to fly for 2.73 on a 'budget'
Yeah, I've long wondered if I could do better going that route. I have my current 1.65aps OS wand, but I have a 1.79aps wand (1020dps) and noted that I could relax my IAS on two pieces of gear and go for crit damage on two pieces (amulet+something else).
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 10:46 PMPosted by DethAxe
can reach 3.01 with 1.76

100% true, I tried/failed... even w/ 8 +9iAS pieces...

Looks like NOVICE gets the gear, man! Be on PTR in 3 hours, 30 minutes or HMU in regular game if you can't find me :p

I tested already lol. At 880 AR 5k Armor and 1.1k LoH, I find that I just recover enough health to combat RD in MP 8, any other affix and I have to micro. My effective DPS without SNS multiplier in actual combat is ~220k if I use CD Ring, so I think I will need either more LoH or 2.73 BP for RD, or BM. Actually if I choose to use my Zuni Chest, I have 930 AR and 5.3k Armor, I can tank RD in MP 10 with BM no problem, but my DPS is only ~192k.

The LoH loss when using 2.59 aps is pretty huge. Ofc I can still farm any Key, or do any short run in any MP perfectly fine, but my goal is to farm a long run as smooth as possible, so if I want 2.59 aps, I will need some buffs in LoH or EHP.
Reply Quote
For those considering upgrading:

For me, a 54.9 DPS increase on the wand netted a 6800+ sheet DPS overall increase.

You just have to figure out if the price per net DPS increase makes sense for you.
Reply Quote
For those considering upgrading:

For me, a 54.9 DPS increase on the wand netted a 6800+ sheet DPS overall increase.

You just have to figure out if the price per net DPS increase makes sense for you.

I see same -- I bumped my wand about same amount; big DPS increase. my old APOC source was 167 average damage; bumping to around 225 gave another 8k DPS...

I think 15-16k DPS bump is letting me go 2 MP higher than before...
Reply Quote
The best thing about a 1.79as is its resale value. Otherwise use the one thats the most dps that gets you to the breakpoint your after.
Reply Quote
I haven't regretted building my CM set around my 1.79 wand AT ALL. It just gives you so much flexibility staying at the 3.01 breakpoint and the reduced number of IAS pieces required means you can let your ammy be the Crit Damage beast it needs to be. My build-out is now basically complete and the 1.79 still gives me some cheaper CD upgrade paths by dropping down to an 8 speed tri-Nat or a 6 speed high CD set of gloves.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]