Diablo® III

1.77/1.78/1.79 - which is which nowadays?

i do want a 1.2k dps 1.79 wand to use. ugh so many things to spend on :(
Reply Quote
Don't even bother APS breakpoint of 2.74 or 3.01. Instead of building around 2.74 or 3.01 break point, I think we can build sustainable and efficient farming MP8 at 2.51 breakpoint. Anything that has to do with IAS in order to achieve 2.74 and even 3.01 gets quite expensive. I'm recommending an alternative build where get to somewhere around 2.64. In order to compensate for below 2.74 breakpoint, gain up to 900 AR, 5000 armor, 60K HP, cc stays around 50+ , CD over 250 and LOH around 900 . I believe anything with IAS is quiet expensive but if you look for AR/CC/CC/LOH mix the price of item becomes slightly less expensive. and for the next patch, you have more flexibility due to higher HP and higher defense stat for pvp.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/22/2013 6:02 AM PST
Reply Quote
The problem I have with that idea is that building to a high breakpoint always gives you the freedom to scale down--e.g., I can just buy a socketed chant wand and instantly add 20K DPS while staying at 2.74. The practical reality of building to a lower breakpoint is that people will end up with a gear set that basically all has to be replaced if they want to go higher.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:10 AMPosted by Ossian
lower breakpoint is that people will end up with a gear set that basically all has to be replaced if they want to go higher.

You are right as I was at 2.79 IAS at 59.5CC before I am switching the gears around where I gain more HP while keeping AR/CD/Armor about the same. What I came to realize is that 2.74 breakpoint was not as necessary and as important as I thought in the past.

So I am giving others another recommendation with gearing which is don't bogged down to achieving our "standand" 2.74 breakpoint in order to be a CM wiz. You can still be a sustainable SNS CM wiz below 2.74 APS. However, you still have to get CC, armor, ar and LOH. However, those stats are still easier to obtain than finding trifecta gears which are always so expensive. It gives you some flexibility in building. Furthermore, for the next patch, I believe HP/Armor/AR/CC/CD are more important if you want a character who can not only farm but also play pvp.
Edited by yodatoy#1838 on 1/22/2013 6:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
Hi all,
I am a newbie to this 2.73 aps thingy.

Why do we need to break that amount?
what happens when we exceed that amount?
Reply Quote
- Diablo III (Wizard)
View profile
I have a 1017 DPS, 1.79 Wand (~40M a few weeks ago).

It's pretty versatile. I can:

• run 7x9IAS +6 IAS and reach 3.03 (with no Innas!) at 90K DPS
  • or
  • run 6x9IAS with rare EHP bracers and ammy for damage (CC, CD, min/max, int/etc) to get to 105k DPS
  • or
  • run 6x9IAS with rare CD/CC/INT gloves for DPS and ammy for damage to get to 111k DPS (less EHP since I'm using Lacunis)
    The lowest speed wand that can do this is 1.78.

In the first 2 cases, I'm around 5100 armor and 700 All Res (+/- about 5%) -- as I planned it. The last case I lose alot of EHP -- still a work in progress. Its versatile...you can change setup for low MP speed runs, higher MP farming, ubers. Whatever.

My current setup is 3.01 breakpoint, running EA/FA for Uber Carry (just for the safety net).
    Edited by PieHole#1628 on 1/22/2013 7:37 AM PST
    Reply Quote
    Hi all,
    I am a newbie to this 2.73 aps thingy.

Why do we need to break that amount?
    what happens when we exceed that amount?

to meet proc nerf

what happens afterwards? apoc may come into question but so far people have been doing well with 2 apoc sources. also when you exceed breakpoints, your cc comes into play next. at least that's how i see it. i'm doing well with 2.81 aspd and 50 cc with 19 apoc, both unbuffed.
    Reply Quote
    - Diablo III (Wizard)
    View profile
    Nature,

Check out my guide for CM/SNS. There is a section on tick rate and breakpoints that explains the relationship between AS and the build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7200301791

There is also a link there for Shandlar's post...where he talks in depth about breakpoints. Enjoy!
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 06:00 AMPosted by yodatoy
    Don't even bother APS breakpoint of 2.74 or 3.01. Instead of building around 2.74 or 3.01 break point, I think we can build sustainable and efficient farming MP8 at 2.51 breakpoint. Anything that has to do with IAS in order to achieve 2.74 and even 3.01 gets quite expensive. I'm recommending an alternative build where get to somewhere around 2.64. In order to compensate for below 2.74 breakpoint, gain up to 900 AR, 5000 armor, 60K HP, cc stays around 50+ , CD over 250 and LOH around 900 . I believe anything with IAS is quiet expensive but if you look for AR/CC/CC/LOH mix the price of item becomes slightly less expensive. and for the next patch, you have more flexibility due to higher HP and higher defense stat for pvp.

Yes quite true. However I think for MP 9 or 10, 2.73 is the way to go. LoH performance at 2.61 is just disapointing (by MP 10 standard), not enough to keep me run smoothly. In MP 8 otoh, 2.73 is really not necessary, as long as you have those defensive stats.

Well, to reach 2.61, have like 150k DPS, and get 900/5k and 50 CC, and 900 LoH is not really that easy lol I believe it's just as expensive, but you get more DPS at 2.61 for sure. Also I don't think 60k HP is really necessary, the standard 40k HP served me well enough.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 11:07 AMPosted by novice
    Well, to reach 2.61, have like 150k DPS, and get 900/5k and 50 CC, and 900 LoH is not really that easy lol I believe it's just as expensive, but you get more DPS at 2.61 for sure. Also I don't think 60k HP is really necessary, the standard 40k HP served me well enough.

again novice, I agree. =)
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 05:57 AMPosted by pichapiegal
    i do want a 1.2k dps 1.79 wand to use. ugh so many things to spend on :(

I wouldn't go that route unless you know 100% for sure you're end gaming with that. I'm waiting around as now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I want to end-game with which depends on avaliability which really sucks. The economy is so bad right now, although I did see some 1.79's pop up yesterday... a lot of em for much less than they usually are posted.

I suspecting duping though as that's what's happening atm with some top items so be careful
    Reply Quote
    Yes, there were two very nice 1.79s in the 200M range.
    Reply Quote
    Me, personally, I built my dude around the premise that I can go 1.79 wand (current build) and be at 3.01 APS, or if I choose to, can use a 1.65 O/S wand and still hit the 2.73 BP.

With my current build, I hit my goals as far as DPS (still want more lol), EHP, AR, armor, APS, and LoH (although I feel more is better). Simply adding a high DPS 1.65 OS wand will give me huge increase in DPS (although I believe I'd have to add more LoH).

Either way, in the end I have the option to run either wand, but I like the performance of 3.01 APS as it sits now.
    Reply Quote
    01/22/2013 11:17 AMPosted by yodatoy

again novice, I agree. =)

+1 here also -- I'm going to get some slight VIT improvement, but no way in hell will I be 900 AR LOL. the above is reachable, but only with billions IMHO...

AND just so you know, I went LoH route (>1200) for awhile to push more DPS, but it's effectiveness definitely tops out around MP7.... and reflect hurts AGAIN :-( ug, my head hurts >.<
    Reply Quote
    I think I will be happy if I can have 3.0 aps in solo with OS Wand and Enchantress. I don't do Ubers anymore, so to ensure 3.0 aps in group is very redundant for me, and 2.73 is quite enough for ubers if you do it in coop, unless you are carrying. IAS Wand is only for 3.0 in coop imho, in solo OS is better if you can afford the setup. Or budget build.

I still need max IAS on every piece to reach 3.0 solo though, not gonna happen lol
    Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
    Explain (256 characters max)
    Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]