Diablo® III

The AH ruined Diablo3?

Blizz, do the right thing and axe the AH's. Bad for the game and turns the youth of today into envious little monsters driven by greed.
Reply Quote
The problem is the game being designed around the AH. Droprates and itemization are all designed to support the rmah.

D3 is lame for the same reason all P2W games are lame. You either pay or it takes forever to progress.

D3 is also a mediocre game even without all the P2W stuff which didn't help either.

Pretty much this.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:05 PMPosted by familia
I'd blame the community for ruining this game.

This!! everyone or neebies always want the easy win.
Reply Quote
I am very thankful for the auction house, and the arguments against it are silly. I question if anyone who argues against it played D2 through bnet. Even a person who only played offline should have enough intelligence to know that the good stuff didn't drop like candy in D2 either.

No one is any more forced to use the AH in D3 than they were forced to trade in D2. You either play self-found at a huge disadvantage (and rarely if ever find top tier items), or you trade. People who think you should self-find BIS items in a Diablo game have no clue what they are talking about.

I bought two swords off ebay for like $20 in D2 and used those plus self farmed items to beat the game (I was stuck in act 3 at the time) and farm the rest of my slots and my alts. I played for 2 years and loved the !@#$ out of it. Had 3 or 4 tons over 85 and a small army of alts.

The AH itself isn't evil, needing the AH to gear yourself (self found gear is very hard to come by) is very evil.
Reply Quote
The game would have been fine with the AH ---- IF:

- The playerbase was divided into smaller "servers" (like WoW) so MILLIONS of people. Trading with 1000s of people would have been a more manageable economy.
- And if the playerbase was split into multiple auction houses .. the drop rate was increased.

The problem really is the itemization and the low end rolls for affixes on high-end items ... the only way to get an upgrade is either get really lucky with the slot machine or

BECAUSE of the AH .. they had to make it so you could NOT find all the good loot yourself in a "reasonable" amount of time .. otherwise no one would use it. So we have the horrendous legendary drop rate and the horrible rolls for rares .. so 99% of the stuff you find is junk .. forcing that 1% of stuff to be good fodder for the AH.
Reply Quote
The game would have been fine with the AH ---- IF:

- The playerbase was divided into smaller "servers" (like WoW) so MILLIONS of people. Trading with 1000s of people would have been a more manageable economy.
- And if the playerbase was split into multiple auction houses .. the drop rate was increased.

The problem really is the itemization and the low end rolls for affixes on high-end items ... the only way to get an upgrade is either get really lucky with the slot machine or

BECAUSE of the AH .. they had to make it so you could NOT find all the good loot yourself in a "reasonable" amount of time .. otherwise no one would use it. So we have the horrendous legendary drop rate and the horrible rolls for rares .. so 99% of the stuff you find is junk .. forcing that 1% of stuff to be good fodder for the AH.

No. The economy already sucks if you are under level 60. Very little there, and what is there is 6 figures in many cases. You might have a level 40+ character before you can even get mainstat+vitality gear in every slot, let alone find interesting gear as you level.
Reply Quote
I'm so tired of reading endless threads that the AH ruined Diablo3.

D2 was made/played on a different Internet. Today's internet is 1000x more connected with non-geeks constantly on forums, facebook, twitter, etc. People *will* be trading for gear endlessly in a way they never did in D2 - with or without the AH.

So much so that if Diablo 3 did not include an AH it would be a glaring deficiency. People would be screaming: "we are trading anyway - what kind of morons wouldn't build it into the game when it's already in your other games!"

The idea that we can go back to D2 days where you use what you find with minimal trading/sharing of gear is the #1 fallacy on these forums - I can't believe otherwise smart people buy i to it. Those days are gone sorry the AH is here to stay. You can surely choose not to use it but every successful game will have it.

That argument makes sense in the context of the RMAH, which I've always thought was OK, mostly because like you said - people will be doing that anyway. There's not really an effective way to prevent that from happening, at least not that I can think of. The issue comes with the in-game currency (gold) auction house. It basically breaks the game... I wrote up a post about why I think that, and suggested some ways to fix the problem here, if you are interested: https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709280878?page=1#20
Edited by Charoum#1443 on 1/22/2013 7:10 PM PST
Reply Quote
The simple mechanics in this game is the biggest let down in this game.
CD/CC/IAS/OPEN SOCKET/MAIN STAT.
No elemental effect except cold.
Can't change skill without getting PUNISH by losing your NV stacks and they boast about build diversity...yea right.
Edited by Kozure#6785 on 1/23/2013 10:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
If anything the Auction House makes it simply easy as hell to sell something, but i personally think you should be able to send offline characters items, i mean why not? Not like it would be bad in any way.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]