Diablo® III

Mana regen knife or slow 1h weapon?

A mana regen knife with 1.4 attack speed
or
A mace/spear with 1.2 attack speed?

It is hard to get a good mana regen knife.
Do mace/spear work close as they attack slower thus drain mana slower?
Reply Quote
i am a fan of spears myself for the bigger one hit dammage and seeing that your not quite at 0 cooldown for pile on yet it may benifit you more with a slower weapon. no point in attacking faster for less when your damage dealer (pile on) is still on cooldown.
Reply Quote
my pile on has no cooldown
Reply Quote
my bad, didn't notice the first time. i still think the spear would fit my playstyle better but i'm not to sure about the cast time so if you can mess arroud with a cheap version of each to see witch one feels more comfortable.
Reply Quote
Hey,
I've used pile on and I think the best is a 1.2 APS spear or mace because of the higher average damage (especially minimum damage)

I have the zuni set, a zuni helm with mana regen, and a string of skulls.
I used VQ+BR to be able to cast it infinitely.
I am considering switching to zuni helm with CC, but without that mana regen sometimes I can go OOM with frenzy and/or BBV just casting pile on. Maybe that's not a big deal, I can switch to acid rain/RoT for a few seconds.

Also the problem with 1-handers if the life steal just isn't enough for pile on. Super dangerous if you don't see reflects damage in time.

I have to alternate rain of toads and acid rain instead, and sometimes I might get off a pile on. Tricky though, have to cast about 5 pile ons, switch to RoT/acid rain, and then cast spirit walk after the first or second pile on hits.

p.s. WOOOOOOOOOOOAH! *crash*
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]