Diablo® III

This is how you fix crit damage.

Cap it based on each individual skill, the amount of crit damage bonus you receive cannot exceed the Weapon damage of the skill.

A skill that does 300% weapon damage cannot exceed 300% crit damage and a skill like wave of light has no limits.

So if your primary damage dealing skill does 200% it would be more worthwhile to get attack speed. Make choice matter again!

This would make skills much easier to balance, bring the numbers back into a more realistic value that would benefit pvp. Also Inferno MP scaling above 5 is bad so you can always nerf the hp of those monsters in order to compensate for the damage loss.
Reply Quote
View profile
Why?

"Fix" it? I don't think it is broken. However, that is just my opinion. You clearly think it is broken, but that is just your opinion. Oh well.
Reply Quote
OP, let us know when your game is ready that fixes crit damage. This one is just fine as is.
Reply Quote
Cap it based on each individual skill, the amount of crit damage bonus you receive cannot exceed the Weapon damage of the skill.

A skill that does 300% weapon damage cannot exceed 300% crit damage and a skill like wave of light has no limits.

So if your primary damage dealing skill does 200% it would be more worthwhile to get attack speed. Make choice matter again!

This would make skills much easier to balance, bring the numbers back into a more realistic value that would benefit pvp. Also Inferno MP scaling above 5 is bad so you can always nerf the hp of those monsters in order to compensate for the damage loss.

fail more nub.
Reply Quote
Why?

"Fix" it? I don't think it is broken. However, that is just my opinion. You clearly think it is broken, but that is just your opinion. Oh well.

I know it's broken because I've actually examined skill usage stats in depth, and if you use your imagination a bit what you would do if the change I propose what was real, you would suddenly realize that there would be a dozen of viable alternatives to the current optimal builds.

Other builds will suddenly be able to compete with the likes of whirlwind bards, but the gear requirement for them to be better will also be higher.

Until the monster HP scaling on MP10 is more than 1000%, the game is fundamentally broken when it comes to scaling.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Lenyo
OP, let us know when your game is ready that fixes crit damage. This one is just fine as is.

Give me the mod tools.
Reply Quote
Your "fix" will push everyone to only use skills that have the highest %damage

There's nothing wrong with crit, try play something other than mp0, you should notice hp goes up to 65m in mp10.... imagine only critting for 100-150k on a 65m elite? Or trying to mp10 uber where you have a total for 800m hp to down in <10mins. Nerfing the mp system would be stupid, its the only way to make this dumbed down game challenging in any way.

The game feels slow as it is, nerfing or "balancing" crit will make it even slower. As for benefiting pvp? it will never get balanced, d2 wasn't anywhere near balanced, live with it.

edit: ur profile explains a bit :)
Edited by Nightowl#2378 on 1/22/2013 7:33 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your "fix" will push everyone to only use skills that have the highest %damage

There's nothing wrong with crit, try play something other than mp0, you should notice hp goes up to 65m in mp10.... imagine only critting for 100-150k on a 65m elite? Or trying to mp10 uber where you have a total for 800m hp to down in <10mins. Nerfing the mp system would be stupid, its the only way to make this dumbed down game challenging in any way.

The game feels slow as it is, nerfing or "balancing" crit will make it even slower. As for benefiting pvp? it will never get balanced, d2 wasn't anywhere near balanced, live with it.

edit: ur profile explains a bit :)

Imagine critting for only 100-150k on a 20m elite? Better scaling fixes that problem.

If anything it'll force people to mix it up a little. Whirlwind has 145% damage so it would be hit hard, but if monster scaling was brought down it'll be just as effective as it's now.

High damage skills also has a bigger resource cost.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/22/2013 7:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
You fail to understand that the power of WW barb is just as much attack speed as anything else (moreso even).

See, you mentioned whirlwind which doesnt really come close to the DPS output of three sprint 'nadoes especially when you start to hit the upper breakpoints, again all about the IAS.

Please try to play a bit more and then go ahead and give us your wisdom on what needs to change in the game (I see on diablo progress that both of your chars are around 20k dps, thats nub, meanwhile you have studied stuff I remember from some other post? please...)
Reply Quote
You fail to understand that the power of WW barb is just as much attack speed as anything else (moreso even).

See, you mentioned whirlwind which doesnt really come close to the DPS output of three sprint 'nadoes especially when you start to hit the upper breakpoints, again all about the IAS.

Please try to play a bit more and then go ahead and give us your wisdom on what needs to change in the game (I see on diablo progress that both of your chars are around 20k dps, thats nub, meanwhile you have studied stuff I remember from some other post? please...)

http://diablo.somepage.com/

Have 4 classes that finished inferno and I play all of them. Witch doc being the exception of course because I can't get myself to play through the nightmare alone (public mp0 also too boring).

My wizard does 60k unbuffed, even has storm armor because I find that skill fun along with electrocute.
My two handed monk at 44k, running udal maximus build with follower with wave of light being my primary damage dealer.
If you want build diversity atm, you just gonna except that you'll have lower dps than everyone else.
No idea where you pulled 20kdps out of your !@#.

Lets talk about your barb, about the same as everyone's else's barb. What would you do if your near 400% crit damage only gave 140% benefit. Would you change up a bit?
Also why didn't you choose something else?
Reply Quote
THIS IS HOW U FIX CRIT DAMAGE AND CRIT CHANCE

LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

GOD U PPL ARE STUPID
Reply Quote
Crit chance, crit dmg, IAS, and stuff like that do not need to be "fix it" we need that MP0 has the difficult of 1.0.4 inferno.. we need less legendary drop rate.. but better legendary items.. and rares with specific stats and 2-3 randoms.. thats all..
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:21 AMPosted by OpeThO
Crit chance, crit dmg, IAS, and stuff like that do not need to be "fix it" we need that MP0 has the difficult of 1.0.4 inferno.. we need less legendary drop rate.. but better legendary items.. and rares with specific stats and 2-3 randoms.. thats all..

Lower MP levels will automatically become harder with the suggested change. Most primary "normal" attacks like frenzy etc do below 200% damage, so monsters will essentially take longer to kill but not much.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:17 AMPosted by Garthandal
My wizard does 60k unbuffed, even has storm armor because I find that skill fun along with electrocute. My two handed monk at 44k, running udal maximus build with follower with wave of light being my primary damage dealer.

So basically you dont have much invested in gear and you would like to see everyone brought down to your lvl.
GTFO
Nerfing gear will cause a poop storm.

I could run the same builds as everyone else, spend about 30 dollar to get on the "same level", but I chose to limited myself and experiment a bit with my gear. I can have the same challenge on MP3 as some people are having on MP8 for example with maxed gear.
My wiz alone has 5 different weapons in his inventory, my monk also has 4 secondary weapons etc.

Including weapons switching will also drastically increase build diversity.
Reply Quote
THIS IS HOW U FIX CRIT DAMAGE AND CRIT CHANCE

LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE

GOD U PPL ARE STUPID

So basically you dont have much invested in gear and you would like to see everyone brought down to your lvl.
GTFO
Nerfing gear will cause a poop storm.

01/22/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Baaalzamon
GOD U PPL ARE STUPID

01/22/2013 08:12 AMPosted by Baaalzamon
GOD U PPL ARE STUPID
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:37 AMPosted by Garthandal
I could run the same builds as everyone else, spend about 30 dollar to get on the "same level", but I chose to limited myself and experiment a bit with my gear. I can have the same challenge on MP3 as some people are having on MP8 for example with maxed gear. My wiz alone has 5 different weapons in his inventory, my monk also has 4 secondary weapons etc. Including weapons switching will also drastically increase build diversity.

Really 5 weapons? and 4 for your monk? Golly I didn't know that.. now I totally understand what that has to do with cirt dmg nerfing.

It's only nerfing crit damage for some skills, which in turns not only makes a lot of the lesser used skills more attractive, but also a wider range of weapons since having more than one unique affix can make it impossible for that weapon to compete with the more generic legendary ones.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/22/2013 8:44 AM PST
Reply Quote
It would be better to bring up other affixes to the level of usefulness of CC/CHD or introduce new affixes that can compete with CC/CHD. Nerf bad, buff good.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Detnyj
It would be better to bring up other affixes to the level of usefulness of CC/CHD or introduce new affixes that can compete with CC/CHD. Nerf bad, buff good.

MP0 public games is proof that sometimes you need to put your foot down, why the hell is it still called inferno?. Damage inflation is just as bad as economy inflation. Balance by normalization for one is much better.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/22/2013 8:50 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]