Diablo® III

This is how you fix crit damage.

Edited by jonclau#1835 on 9/4/2015 1:28 PM PDT
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:49 AMPosted by Techies
It would be better to bring up other affixes to the level of usefulness of CC/CHD or introduce new affixes that can compete with CC/CHD. Nerf bad, buff good.

MP0 public games is proof that sometimes you need to put your foot down, why the hell is it still called inferno?. Damage inflation is just as bad as economy inflation. Balance by normalization for one is much better.

Whats wrong with MP0 Public Games? I don't play them (usually MP2-4 solo is what I play) but I assume people are just steamrolling rolling it get items and XP.

The economy was ruined far before damage inflation was a problem.
-Bots
-Cheats/Exploits
-Lack of item sink

Nerfing CHD/CC would do nothing to impact the MP0 play anyways. You can steamroll MP0 with 100K DPS and you don't even need high CC/CHD to reach 100K DPS.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:50 AMPosted by jonclau
Probably doesn't have the gold to get crit damage on his gear... so why bother working at earning the gold to do that when you can just ask for a nerf and bring everyone else down to your level?

I already have crit chance and crit damage gear.
I hate the fact that everything without those two stats, now matter how cool are always gonna be much less effective. If crit damage was nerfed, at least all gear would have some use, at least for some builds.
Reply Quote
OP has no clue. Nice level 0 witch doctor you troll Techies.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 08:58 AMPosted by Detnyj

MP0 public games is proof that sometimes you need to put your foot down, why the hell is it still called inferno?. Damage inflation is just as bad as economy inflation. Balance by normalization for one is much better.

Whats wrong with MP0 Public Games? I don't play them (usually MP2-4 solo is what I play) but I assume people are just steamrolling rolling it get items and XP.

The economy was ruined far before damage inflation was a problem.
-Bots
-Cheats/Exploits
-Lack of item sink

Nerfing CHD/CC would do nothing to impact the MP0 play anyways. You can steamroll MP0 with 100K DPS and you don't even need high CC/CHD to reach 100K DPS.

For one it's the only option when you want to play matchmaking. Secondly with 4 players in a game, the other 3 is lucky enough to get in one shot. Luckily next patch with mp levels selectable will fix that. I don't play below MP3, MP3 still feels like the old inferno to me prior to the MP patch.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:03 AMPosted by Villein
OP has no clue. Nice level 0 witch doctor you troll Techies.

I can savely say, you are a moron. There exists a world outside of the US you know.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:48 AMPosted by Techies
Imagine critting for only 100-150k on a 20m elite? Better scaling fixes that problem.

Sure! I do it all the time, maybe 200k if I'm lucky. That 20M elite drops in 6-8 seconds. Hint: It's a little stat called APS
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:02 AMPosted by Garthandal
It would be better to bring up other affixes to the level of usefulness of CC/CHD or introduce new affixes that can compete with CC/CHD. Nerf bad, buff good.

I hate the fact that everything without those two stats, now matter how cool are always gonna be much less effective.

So because YOU hate it, change it for everyone....

So I'm only allowed to have a Manticore, or Echo Fury?
Reply Quote
THIS IS HOW U FIX CRIT DAMAGE AND CRIT CHANCE

LEAVE IT THE ALONE

This.

PvP should be its own game, with its own parameters. Stop messing with the main game, just to adjust for the side show.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:04 AMPosted by Techies
For one it's the only option when you want to play matchmaking.

General Chat

Techies: Looking for someone to farm MP3 Act III with.

Random Person: Sure, invite me.

There are other ways to find people to farm with other than Public Games.

01/22/2013 09:09 AMPosted by Techies
So I'm only allowed to have a Manticore, or Echo Fury?

You don't need either one of those. They may have the highest potential to be BiS weapons for several classes but they are not required. My Witch Doctor does not use either of them. My Wizard does not use either one of them.
Edited by Detnyj#1212 on 1/22/2013 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote
For one it's the only option when you want to play matchmaking.

General Chat

Techies: Looking for someone to farm MP3 Act III with.

Random Person: Sure, invite me.

There are other ways to find people to farm with other than Public Games.

Chat channels are limited to 100 players.
Most are busy using the AH.
The others think it's more efficient to play solo or to farm exp on MP0

I cannot count the amount of failed attempts at trying to find someone to play MP3-MP5 with.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/22/2013 9:13 AM PST
Reply Quote

I cannot count the amount of failed attempts at trying to find someone to play MP3-MP5 with.

And how many failed attempts do you have playing Public Games? Just as many?

You can change chat channels by logging out and logging back in also. Odds are in your favor you will end up in a different channel. There are also Class Specific Channels people are in. You can check those.

Sure most people just want to farm MP0 because that is what they believe is most efficient. There are people out there that don't.

I just fail to see how nerfing damage output will help you find a a farming partner or fix anything in this game. Economy, socially, build diversity will not be fixed through nerfs but through buffs and introduction of more itemization.
Reply Quote

I just fail to see how nerfing damage output will help you find a a farming partner or fix anything in this game. Economy, socially, build diversity will not be fixed through nerfs but through buffs and introduction of more itemization.

Werd.
Reply Quote

And how many failed attempts do you have playing Public Games? Just as many?

You can change chat channels by logging out and logging back in also. Odds are in your favor you will end up in a different channel. There are also Class Specific Channels people are in. You can check those.

Sure most people just want to farm MP0 because that is what they believe is most efficient. There are people out there that don't.

It gives you much more control over balance. Pick one:

Whirlwind Hurricane:
145% damage Allows you to move at your movement speed.

Whirlwind Volcanic:
245% damage. as fire.

Knowing that you won't get more than 145% crits with whirlwind?
In Vanilla you still would of chosen hurricane without hesitation.
Reply Quote
The basic premise of capping crit in some way to encourage build diversity and tone down how out of hand crit damage and proccing has gotten is something I can support.

However, the proposed cap of basing maximum crit damage by the weapon damage would definitely cause problems; as Techies pointed out, damage disparities between runed versions of the same skill would definitely cause lower damage runes to become even less effective.

The naive fix to that problem would be to cap crit damage for all runed skills based on the
unruned version of the skill, but you'd still be left with cross-skill balancing issues.

Another possibility could be introducing a hidden stat, such as proc coefficients, that would cap crit damage bonuses for that skill. In theory, this might be easier to balance in the long run. However, I am also on basic principles opposed to hidden stats on skills, and am wary of such approaches to balance.
Reply Quote
View profile
I wasn't aware that crit damage was broken?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 11:29 AMPosted by CoolHandLuke
I wasn't aware that crit damage was broken?

So you don't think it's odd how you hit normally for 25K and crit for 5 million? Or how a single crit modifier stat adds increases an item's value by 1000% percent?
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]