Diablo® III

This is how you fix crit damage.

View profile
I'm trying to remember how D2 handled crit.
I think there were actually 3 types.
crushing blow, deadly strike and 1 other i can't remember.

i just hate that the whole idea of D3 is stack crit...
it limits item choice so heavily.
i think it's another side-effect of auto-statting
but i'm too tired to think about it.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:36 PMPosted by Shango
Fix crit damage? Easy! Unerf Inferno damage so players have a reason to worry about something more than stacking DPS on top of DPS...
200k sheet dps + 5-6% life steal = heal through massive amounts of damage.

As to the OP:
01/22/2013 10:57 PMPosted by chrisloup
really, posting threads such as this only highlight how noob you are.
Reply Quote
you want to fix crit damage? easy: REFLECT DAMAGE SHOULD REFLECT 50% of your dps.

bwahah.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:01 AMPosted by Techies
Probably doesn't have the gold to get crit damage on his gear... so why bother working at earning the gold to do that when you can just ask for a nerf and bring everyone else down to your level?

I already have crit chance and crit damage gear.
I hate the fact that everything without those two stats, now matter how cool are always gonna be much less effective. If crit damage was nerfed, at least all gear would have some use, at least for some builds.

lies... if you had it you would use it.
Reply Quote
It's not broken; no fix is required.

Crit (along with IAS) is how you improve DPS after weapon dps, min-max bonuses, and attack stat boosts have mostly been exhausted.

Any "fix" will overvalue other stats. I don't see why that would help your point in regards to making ANY stat "fixed."
Reply Quote
Well i can say i only just started playing this game again about a week or two ago after being away for around a month or two...

And i have to say, of all the complaints i've heard, this is gotta be one of the dumbest ones in recent times... if Blizz nerfed Crit, a lot of players will leave en mass... the games been out for a while now and a lot of players have either saved up a lot of in game gold, or spent a lot of hard earned cash to get their characters to where they are now... and with all the fails that have happened, that would almost be the last straw to break the camels back and send the rest of the legit players packing...

So i will end by saying this much... just because you (the OP) has low paper DPS on ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS, you want to bring the rest down with to your level?

And don't give me this, but every one does cookie cutter builds... I for one DO NOT use traditional cookie cutter builds... even weapons i just use what i want, and what i feel like playing with... it wasn't until i came back did i start using a Skorn or EF, and the only reason for that is because i found them while playing the game...

Before that i was mainly using rares only and was still able to get paper DPS of 90K+ so learn to play and work with the builds that are suitable for the way YOU play the game, and stop trying to get things nerfed... Blizz already did enough of that during the first 4 or 6 months of release...
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 12:16 AMPosted by Mastermind
So i will end by saying this much... just because you (the OP) has low paper DPS on ALL YOUR ACCOUNTS, you want to bring the rest down with to your level?

^This
Ideally, I'd like to hope someone's idea comes from some level of fair though, but by and far every post I've seen for nerfing crit has been from someone with low DPS.
Reply Quote
This is by far the most successful troll thread I've seen in a long time here. Well done, Techies.
Reply Quote

^This
Ideally, I'd like to hope someone's idea comes from some level of fair though, but by and far every post I've seen for nerfing crit has been from someone with low DPS.

My DPS is fair enough

^This

It doesn't matter if I have low DPS. That's purely decided by if you can afford IAS/CC and Crit Damage on same item. Also the damage of a skill like Wave of Light isn't dictated by DPS, but your core weapon damage and main stat multiplier. You want a skill like that do reach it's maximum potential your dps number is gonna be lower.

Also my wizard having 60k unbuffed dps is fair (no glass cannon), better than most.

Give me $30 is you don't like my items or characters. Or a hundred million gold.

I don't sell on the AH, I only buy stuff with gold earned in game, I just find it more fun that way.
Edited by Techies#1508 on 1/23/2013 4:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Your "fix" will push everyone to only use skills that have the highest %damage

There's nothing wrong with crit, try play something other than mp0, you should notice hp goes up to 65m in mp10.... imagine only critting for 100-150k on a 65m elite? Or trying to mp10 uber where you have a total for 800m hp to down in <10mins. Nerfing the mp system would be stupid, its the only way to make this dumbed down game challenging in any way.

The game feels slow as it is, nerfing or "balancing" crit will make it even slower. As for benefiting pvp? it will never get balanced, d2 wasn't anywhere near balanced, live with it.

edit: ur profile explains a bit :)

And that's a problem. Difficulty shouldn't have been "increased" by exaggeratedly inflating mobs HP, but by giving them new mechanics and skills. That lazy approach just forces people to stack as much dps as possible completely disregarding other stats. It would be way better if you had said damage spread through different stats.

For instance, mobs could have:
- Armor value: Directly affected by an armor penetration stat.
- Block value (why those skeletons with shields drop them after you toss a pebble at them is beyond me): Affected by a shield bashing stat, or even bleeding damage properly scaling with character's dps instead of lame, negligible set amounts of damage. Kinda like what rend does, for barbs. Rend would of course, have a better output being a skill on it's own.
- Elemental resistances: To make elemental damage somewhat relevant, and encourage different elemental assets in your skillset.
Heck, those three could even be correlated with current mainstats to provide a decent incentive to encourage players to buff other stats besides their mainstat and vitality, by consistently balancing their value, regardless of the class (armor penetration = dex, shield bashing/bleeding = str, elemental damage = int).

Those three alone would have provided a way more interesting scaling approach for MP levels than just forcing everyone to stack a single stat that simply shouldn't have existed in the first place. Crits shouldn't have gone over double damage in the first place, but the lack of vision over the eventual OPness of this particular stat, and a truly lazy approach to designing higher difficulty levels have led to this situation.

I'm sure they could come up with more interesting stats to enhance difficulty levels more, but these were just ideas off the top of my head. The point is, do not make a single stat excessively useful. A stat that allows you to deal 4x damage without any sort of balancing is just silly, and they keep encouraging this by exponentially scaling hp alone instead of breaking difficulty in many different things to tackle.
Edited by Blashyrkh#1824 on 1/23/2013 6:01 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]