Diablo® III

D3 Not Launching -Stops responding after Play

I wouldn't be making my own topic if I thought I had an option but every "fix" listed in other threads isn't helping me any. I'm on my macbook right now so I don't have my profiler but D3 is running on my 2011 iMac (2.8GHz i7, 8GB of RAM, 6770m GPU) and was working fine from the Beta up until the latest patch (or the one before it, I got 2 at once)

The launcher opens fine but when I click play I get the skull, a black screen, and then the game stops responding and I have to force quit it. I don't have the debug file on me right now but I can say for certainty that the error appears right below the "Initializing sound subsystem" line which leads me to believe that the game for some reason can't find my sound drivers and therefore crashes.

I've tried the usual things suggested, none of the below have worked:

Deleted the mfil file
Repaired Permissions
Deleted Battle.net folder
Deleted the cache folder
Reinstalled the game
Changed DNS settings
Opened all required ports
Reinstalled my OS (OS X 10.8.2)
Ran a Hardware Test (nothing came up)

and probably a lot more that I can't recall. There's nothing I can seem to do in order to fix this problem so I'm desperate at this point. I know my mac is capable of running it and every other game (WoW, Skyrim, Portal, TF2, etc) installed runs fine but D3 won't work.

If you want some debug files or profiler just ask and I'll try to get them up when I'm on my iMac. I'm willing to do just about anything at this point.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
If you have a moment, can you post your debug file in pastebin.com and post the link here so we can take a look?
Reply Quote
I have just installed OS X 10.8.2 and the diablo 3 launcher crashes and displays the message "internal error occurred" please restart program. if problem persists contact customer support.
Please advise ASAP. Thanks a million.
Reply Quote
- Technical Support
View profile
I have just installed OS X 10.8.2 and the diablo 3 launcher crashes and displays the message "internal error occurred" please restart program. if problem persists contact customer support.
Please advise ASAP. Thanks a million.

Your issue is different from that the original poster has. Please start a new thread with your issue if you are unable to resolve your issue by following the advice given in the following thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6933954885

Specifically, the first link in that thread.

AcesHigh87, do you have the following file installed by chance?

/Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component

If so, you may want to follow the instructions in the following thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592239700

Edited by TheTias#1192 on 1/28/2013 3:35 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 08:35 AMPosted by Machkhan
If you have a moment, can you post your debug file in pastebin.com and post the link here so we can take a look?

Sorry I took so long to get back. Here's the debug file: http://pastebin.com/LEM9v8fu

AcesHigh87, do you have the following file installed by chance?

/Library/QuickTime/Sonix SN9C201 WebCam.component

If so, you may want to follow the instructions in the following thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7592239700

Nope, I made sure to check that, it isn't there. As a note as well I've now done another full re-install as a desperation move since I missed deleting a few things the first time around, no luck the problem still persists.
Reply Quote
I had this problem earlier and deleting the mfil file worked. But this problem persists now and deleting the mfil file does not work. Any help?

My specs
Imac
21.5-inch, Mid 2011
Processor 2,5 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory 4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
Graphics AMD Radeon HD 6750M 512 MB
Software Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5 (11G63)

I am having this error code:

733C0928-68B7-4860-B870-F91DC1C83F7F
Edited by gigo#2931 on 1/31/2013 6:56 AM PST
Reply Quote
Alright, I don't really like to bump stuff but my support ticket has hit a standstill because he's determined it's an applecare problem (yet somehow the rest of my system works perfectly) and there's nothing more I can really tell him.

The problem may fix itself in 1.07 but I hardly feel like waiting around that long for an answer, if one even comes with it. I don't mean to complain but Diablo 3 has ran fine on my system ever since the beta and all of a sudden it doesn't open anymore, that's not my system, that's the game. For the last two months I've had a game I paid over $60 for that it just taking up harddrive space on a computer plenty powerful enough to run it. The way I see it this is not at all acceptable.
Edited by AcesHigh87#1854 on 2/10/2013 7:17 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Sorry about the delay.

From your debug file, it seems a crash is being generated. Do you ever get a nice error code that says "Please type in what you were doing" to send to Blizzard? The report in the debug file doesn't explain much, but if a report Id is generated, I can look at the report there and it will show more specific details why it occurs.
Reply Quote
I don't recall what usually pops up but I know there is something with a large empty box and a code under it that usually opens. I don't remember what it says but that's probably what you're talking about.

The last code I have that it generated is:

F4585855-15E1-4F75-B1FB-DF19D2005881
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey AcesHigh87,

I dug up your crash report. The crash seems to be similar to the sonix web cam plug. All things match the same reports, but showing more OS related plugins. When you stated you reinstalled your OS, was it just a combo update install or full reinstall?

Here is a typical sonix webcam driver crash (I'm only showing the stack trace that is causing the crash):
SIGABRT (Abort trap)

Thread 0x00000C07 "Main Thread"
0 0x00494314 "com.blizzard.diablo3"
1 0x00418170 "com.blizzard.diablo3"
2 0x98E6D86B "libsystem_c.dylib"
3 0x96122A6A "libsystem_kernel.dylib"
4 0x98EB94F8 "libsystem_c.dylib"
5 0x98E9BDA3 "libsystem_c.dylib"
6 0x1A56E3AD "tw.com.sonix.webcam.sn9c201"
7 0x1A56E4A2 "tw.com.sonix.webcam.sn9c201"
8 0x1A5AC1E4 "tw.com.sonix.webcam.sn9c201"
9 0x1A5AC556 "tw.com.sonix.webcam.sn9c201"
10 0x1A5B0323 "tw.com.sonix.webcam.sn9c201"

11 0x98AB2ABF "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"

And here is your crash:
SIGABRT (Abort trap)
Thread 0x00000C07 "Main Thread"
0 0x00495919 "com.blizzard.diablo3"
1 0x003C6FB2 "com.blizzard.diablo3"
2 0x98C8386B "libsystem_c.dylib" _
3 0x9001BA6A "libsystem_kernel.dylib"
4 0x98CCF4F8 "libsystem_c.dylib"
5 0x98CB1DA3 "libsystem_c.dylib"
6 0x9348D738 "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"
7 0x1BBEC796 "com.apple.DesktopVideoOut"
8 0x9355FADB "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"
9 0x93550ABF "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"
10 0x93550AFF "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"
11 0x1BBEC331 "com.apple.DesktopVideoOut"

12 0x934CAAEE "com.apple.CoreServices.CarbonCore"
Reply Quote
It was a combo update suggested by the support tech, I never did a full re-install as I didn't figure it would make a huge different. Do you believe that may be required or do you think I could simply delete those files and restart my computer, assuming they are corrupt they will just be re-created properly.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
I don't know fore sure, as those files might be something in the frame work part of the OS. You may want to contact Apple just to be sure.

This was data from the last crash, so if you can get another crash error report, I can do a comparison, but at this point signs are pointing to the OS. Maybe Bluspacecow/Omegal can pop in and suggest something.
Reply Quote
Alright, to see if it will help I got it to crash again (pretty easy at this point haha) and got this code:

33D7A110-20F3-4D2C-97D0-E3A49113D75A

If it looks like it's pointing to the same thing I can look into contacting apple and checking to see if it's something that will simply regenerate itself or if I should run a full re-install. If it points to something different then I guess we're a bit stuck haha.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Just to be safe, can you post a full system specs? The copy/paste from the system profiler may help.

Obtaining System Information
    1. Hold the 'Option' Key and choose System Profiler/Information from the Apple Menu.

2. Copy the information from the following sections:
  • Hardware (remove the Serial Number line)
  • Graphics/Displays
  • Software (remove the Computer Name and User Name lines)
Reply Quote
So unfortunately 1.07 didn't fix my issue as I was hoping it would, leading me back here. Here's my latest error code:

7452EB62-2CF6-416B-82D5-6C489E9BB1B6

and the requested information:

Hardware:
Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac12,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 2.8 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Boot ROM Version: IM121.0047.B1F
SMC Version (system): 1.71f22
Hardware UUID: 58332AC0-EC49-513F-97B8-B2595B2AB674

Graphics / Displays:
Chipset Model: AMD Radeon HD 6770M
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6740
Revision ID: 0x0000
ROM Revision: 113-C0170C-170
EFI Driver Version: 01.00.544
Displays:
iMac:
Display Type: LCD
Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Built-In: Yes
Connection Type: DisplayPort

Software:
System Version: OS X 10.8.2 (12C60)
Kernel Version: Darwin 12.2.0
Boot Volume: Macintosh HD
Boot Mode: Normal
Secure Virtual Memory: Enabled
Time since boot: 13 days 9:06
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Thanks. I'm having the team look over all the crash reports to give me further look into what is going on. Hopefully we can get some good direction from them.
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey AcesHigh87,

Good news. Here is the feedback I got from the team after they read all the crash report IDs you provided today and yesterday:

After looking at his crashes. It appears the problem is when D3 initializes, it loads the system plugins and one of the plugins (DVCProHDAudio) is crashing during initialization. I think that plugin comes with Final Cut Pro. Can you please ask the user if he has Final Cut on his computer? If so, ask him if he has all the latest updates installed? Ask him if he is using the latest version of the DVCProHDAudio plugin. If he is willing can he uninstall Final Cut (make sure he runs the uninstaller and not just trash the app).

I couldn't find out where that plugin comes from. If he knows we can send an email to that company and try to figure out why it is crashing.

If he removes
/Library/Audio/Plugin-Ins/HAL/DVCPROHDAudio.plugin then Diablo 3 will probably run. I don't recommend removing plugins unless he knows what he is doing because that plugin may be needed by another program.
Edited by Machkhan on 2/12/2013 9:25 PM PST
Reply Quote
That all sounds well and good, in fact I do have Final Cut installed on my computer. However I moved the file to my external drive (in case I need it later) and then deleted it. Unfortunately the problem sill persists. Here's the newest error code:

5E45023D-C3E2-4C17-BE10-0ADC2E58A3D1

In addition I did notice that the debug file has changed slightly. The error still occurs during the sound initializing but it's occurring further down then before. Here's the new debug file:

http://pastebin.com/HCkh8ig8

Hopefully the changes mean we're getting a little closer.

For the record, as far as I know, the plugin is just for reading audio signals from HVCPro HD cameras which would be Panasonics. I've never used one before and doubt I ever will so I'm not too worried about it. I kept it anyway though just in case. Also, it was tricky to find because your post implied it was in the user Library when, in fact, it was in the core one. Just letting you know.
Edited by AcesHigh87#1854 on 2/13/2013 8:16 AM PST
Reply Quote
Support Forum Agent
Hey AcesHigh87,

The path should be point to the system Library (no ~). I apologize if there was any confusion. The path may have been different due to the format of the folders (this was simply a copy/paste from an email).

Looking at your new crash, it is still crashing when the FMOD initializes the system plugins. Just now it isn't referencing the DVCProHDAudio plug-in when it loads sound plugins (I'm trying to narrow down the new reference in the crash log). From what It see, FMOD loads, tries to load sound plugins, but nothing is being loaded. I'm having the team take a look at this updated crash.

Did you try the other suggestions they mentioned, such as making sure FCP was fully up to date or trying to do a full uninstall (not just trashing the app) to see if it fixes the issue.
Edited by Machkhan on 2/13/2013 8:53 AM PST
Reply Quote
I technically have two versions of FCP installed. I have Final Cut Pro X which is the brand new one. It isn't fully up to date because I almost never use it, I don't mind uninstalling this one because I hate it and never use it.

The other I have is Final Cut Pro 7, the older program. It is updated as far as possible since apple dropped support for the program. I'm not willing to uninstall this one, however. I have projects on the go that can get corrupted if I uninstall. FCP is required for me.

I will try uninstalling FCP X though and see if it helps while you look into it further.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]