Diablo® III

Question, proc chc skill

I see storm armor and arcane hydra returning yellow critical hit number.

Does this mean that they also help reduce cooldown with Critical Mass?

Tested as suggested
CM proc storm armor NO
*I did a few more runs, and it doesn't reduce cooldown, I think made a mistake when I first did it.
CM proc arcane hydro NO

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708991741?page=1#7
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 1/22/2013 4:13 PM PST
Reply Quote
think so...
Reply Quote
Its really hard to test, because If I put my cursor on the archon tab it give me the explanation and nothing about the cooldown, so I cant just stand there and see if it works.
Reply Quote
I dont think hydra procs anything except the arcane slow passive if you are using arcane hydra.
Edited by Virulent#1510 on 1/22/2013 9:38 AM PST
Reply Quote
I see storm armor and arcane hydra returning yellow critical hit number.

Does this mean that they also help reduce cooldown with Critical Mass?

Yellow Number does not mean in every case that it interacts with Critical mass or any other crit effect.

Only way we know whether or not something can work with it is testing. As far as storm armor and hydra I don't believe either can proc Critical mass.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 1/22/2013 9:40 AM PST
Reply Quote
put on a 2 minutes shield on and go into archon form, if archon comes off cooldown way before the shield comes off, you know it works.
Reply Quote
They have proc coefficients of 0, so even if they crit they shouldn't give you LoH or proc CM.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:41 AMPosted by Virulent
put on a 2 minutes shield on and go into archon form, if archon comes off cooldown way before the shield comes off, you know it works.

I did this test and it works
Here is what I did
active: storm armor, archon the same time
debuff: archon
walk into mobs and kit, using arcane hydra as my only attack
I have 50% chc
Archon cooldown finished with 30 sec faster than storm shield.

Did another test
active: energy armor, archon the same time
debuff: archon
walk into mobs and kit, using arcane hydra as my only attack
I have 50% chc
Archon cooldown finished the same time as the armor spell.
so hydra does not proc CM, but storm armor does
Edited by KirusAlufras#1739 on 1/22/2013 11:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 09:42 AMPosted by TekkZero
They have proc coefficients of 0, so even if they crit they shouldn't give you LoH or proc CM.

This. No, they cannot proc CM or LoH. It's really easy to test. Get hit, equip a LoH item, and cast the spell or let the skill do damage. If you gain no life, then it can't proc CM because the LoH coefficient is also used by CM.
Reply Quote
http://d3ib.com/wizard-proc-coefficients-1-0-5/

If I understand the mechanic correctly, these coefficients represent the percentage of the benefit.

Example
1. You have 100 LOH -> you use magic missle (proc coeff of 1-> you get 100 life back
2. you have 100 LOH -> you use Electrocute/lightning blast (proc coeff of .166)
-> you get 16.6 life back

As for Critical mass, the proc coeff represents the percentage of the probability of the crit resetting your skill. I am not sure what the intitial probabilty is, my guess is it is unity. Given that it is one, then the above calculation would look like this:

Example
1. you have 50% crit chance -> you use magic missle (proc coeff of 1) -> you crit -> your cooldowns reset by one second. Effectively half of your attacks reset your cooldowns
2. you have 50% crit chance -> you use Electrocute/lightning blast (proc coeff of .166) ->you crit -> your coolddown has a 17% chance to reset one second. Effectively 8% of your attacks reset your cooldowns.

This mechanic works for EVERYTHING in the game that results from hits EXCEPT LIFESTEAL.

Hope this helps and I am not way off....
Edited by EigenVector#1828 on 1/22/2013 1:01 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]