Diablo® III

Best run to farm for gear/gold?

Hey guys lately ive just been farming Alkaizer heaps, but i dont know if this is the best run for gear or gold, so thought id ask here. The guide i was reading was a paragon leveling guide, so is there a run out there thats better than Alkaizer for gearing me up?

The only reason i ask is because ive been stuck doing MP0 runs for so long now its ridiculous and i thought "Well maybe thats because Alkaizer isnt tuned towards gearing up?"

Any thoughts and advice would go a long way, thanks.
Reply Quote
Alk runs are the best for finding gear due to the route being the areas where the highest concentration of enemies can be found in the shortest time instead of running around in a large map with far and few enemies to find/kill.

More enemies killed = more chance to find gear.
Reply Quote
Alrighty thanks mate. Are there any runs worth considering doing if i get bored of doing Alkaizers for days on end?
Reply Quote
For item farming I prefer the vault of the assassin in act2, done too many xp Alk runs and like the change. Lots of e's. You can quit and restart the game retaining the check point. Get a 5 stack before entering. The vault has been kind to me with good drops but I typically run it at higher mp's with a high mf.
Reply Quote
If you're not worried about xp/hr then any act that your eyes aren't bleeding from running over and over again will be fine to run. Try and incorporate the key wardens into the run somehow. I've just recently been trying to finishing off the wheel of fortune achieve for act 2 and found the resplendant box spawns coupled with elites in the area a great start area to hitting up the oasis and the rest if you are looking for gear.

Act 1 similarly starting with the festering woods, leorics and working backwards through the maps, then finishing with the butcher a more enjoyable run then alk runs. Throw in a ponyland once in a while even though theres no more additional benefit.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 02:07 PMPosted by GoPies
For item farming I prefer the vault of the assassin in act2, done too many xp Alk runs and like the change. Lots of e's. You can quit and restart the game retaining the check point. Get a 5 stack before entering. The vault has been kind to me with good drops but I typically run it at higher mp's with a high mf.

+1.

01/23/2013 03:27 PMPosted by xleech
I've just recently been trying to finishing off the wheel of fortune achieve for act 2 and found the resplendant box spawns coupled with elites in the area a great start area to hitting up the oasis and the rest if you are looking for gear.

+1. I did this too. Great way to combine loot run and achievement.

01/23/2013 03:27 PMPosted by xleech
Act 1 similarly starting with the festering woods, leorics and working backwards through the maps, then finishing with the butcher a more enjoyable run then alk runs. Throw in a ponyland once in a while even though theres no more additional benefit.

Many of the maps are quite big in a1. Festering Woods, Leo's, Butcher's run, KW only in FoM and Whimsyshire are all I tend to do.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]