Diablo® III

I got my pants wet.

View profile
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0NoO2UecC-c#!

D3+PoE=GD

And then there's this one too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hMYlSmZfo
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 8:26 AM PST
Reply Quote
That looks really amazing. I love the art and music direction, and the action looks way better than PoE. Hope to see more of it in the future.
Reply Quote
View profile
I was trying out the Open Beta for Path of Exile last night. It took me back to the good ol' days. My biggest issue with the game is the fluidity of the game play. I love how D3 feels under my hands, PoE has everything but that nice fluid game play.

Then...I came across this video. It looks like it's a perfect mix of PoE depth and D3's gameplay.

The music in GD is amazing!
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 7:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
Seriously? More games just like this?

Good, this is exactly what D3 needs. More imitators fighting amongst themselves for dominance.

While D3 is working on expansion content that can potentially make it epic, Kickstarters and indie companies are rallying to shy players away with free games and pre-alphas of basically the same thing, but with stuff "people actually want."

Hopefully those games will succeed. And by succeed, I mean, I hope they make people realize why Diablo 3 was made the way it was.

Only a matter of time.
Reply Quote

Good, this is exactly what D3 needs. More imitators fighting amongst themselves for dominance.

While D3 is working on expansion content that can potentially make it epic, Kickstarters and indie companies are rallying to shy players away with free games and pre-alphas of basically the same thing, but with stuff "people actually want."

Hopefully those games will succeed. And by succeed, I mean, I hope they make people realize why Diablo 3 was made the way it was.

Only a matter of time.

And how else do you suggest these smaller companies get players interested? You almost seem disgusted that some other companies actually dare to "imitate" your Diablo. If they succeed where D3 has failed, perhaps that will encourage the developers to do those things properly instead of cluttering the game with more irrelevant nonsense like the upcoming crafting recipes. Competition leads to quality, and quality is what D3 needs to have enhanced at this moment in several key aspects.

The fact you have settled for the one-dimensional model D3 offers doesn't mean you should contemptuously regard different approaches as mere ripoffs, unless you really want to showoff those fancy pink-tinted fanboy goggles while others realize competition is a good thing for this industry, specially when it comes from dedicated indie developers. That game right there got the Diablo mood way better than D3, as did Path of Exile. But HAY GUSY, TEHY BE TEH D3 RIPOFFS LOLZ! THEY BE COPYIN MUH DIABLOZ! What a silly assumption, seriously. I guess every platformer coming after SMB was a SMB ripoff, right?
Reply Quote
This looks awesome. Any word on when beta will be available?
Reply Quote
View profile
It's in Alpha right now...so I would expect the game to be ready in about a year or less. Who knows, end of this year we could be playing it.

This one looks pretty sick as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-hMYlSmZfo
Edited by IPawnU#1220 on 1/24/2013 8:27 AM PST
Reply Quote

Only a matter of time.

That "potentially" is a huge part of it, to be honest.

Given Blizzard's recent tendency to be rather cautious in what they change/add, I wouldn't start expecting any miracles from any expansions just yet.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]