Diablo® III

So who is excited about the "Ask the Devs" Topic?

I'm super excited! I always find it refreshing when developers take the time to correspond with their patrons. I think more and more gaming companies have realized that staying in touch with your fan base/community is very important (See Gearbox Software).

I am confident with a community as passionate as this some awesome questions are going to come out.

My question: Many conversations have happened in regards to new legendary gear, drop rates of existing gear, and the continued revamping of old gear. What are the devs goals concerning making Diablo 3 the most rewarding experience for both the player and the Auction House?

What kind of questions are you guys/gals looking to ask?

No trolls please...although that might be too much to ask. :D
Edited by Prisus#1338 on 1/24/2013 2:55 PM PST
Reply Quote
I want to know if there are any plans to change itemization. Doesn't need to be specific details, just an indication whether or not we can expect to see changes to the itemization.

Hrmm just noticed it's labeled : 1.0.7. I wonder if questions should only pertain to this patch. I won't really have any interest in round 1 then if that's the case.
Edited by IronKenichi#1902 on 1/24/2013 2:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
of course I'm excited. we asked for more communication from the devs and this is a good step.
Reply Quote
I am excited as well. I am happy the community can pick their brains with some good questions. If I were to ask something it would prolly be about the itemization and if there are any plans for an overhaul/change come expansion or at another point down the road.
Edited by VitaminEZ#1454 on 1/24/2013 3:01 PM PST
Reply Quote
I am, here is the official thread;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7708992432
Reply Quote
Lol I don't think that is the official thread.

But it is interesting to see that so many people are curious about itemization. I know it isn't clearly lined out in 1.07 but it is an important question.

There are some questions in regard to PvP that I guess I am curious about...but I have always been a PvE person...unless of course there is structured PvP (i.e. LoL style) then I would consider it.

Is there anything other than Itemization people are wondering about?
Reply Quote
Super excited! One of the best ways they can win the support of this often vitriolic bunch (myself included).

When I think about it, we're kinda like annoying girlfriends. We constantly want to know what you're thinking and hey, are you listening to me?!
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:03 PMPosted by Prisus
Is there anything other than Itemization people are wondering about?

Are they going to allow us to switch between acts freely?
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:04 PMPosted by Taganov
When I think about it, we're kinda like annoying girlfriends. We constantly want to know what you're thinking and hey, are you listening to me?!

Funny thing is that 90% the annoying girlfriends are right....I hope blizz see's that as well!
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:05 PMPosted by IronKenichi
Are they going to allow us to switch between acts freely?

Great question. It would be awesome to carry stacks with you from Act to act...especially when Key farming! Think about the efficiency! I drool thinking about changes like that!

5 stacks...stonefort...fields...oasis. Woot!!
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Garthandal
Expect very generic political answers to serious questions. Kinda like going through an automated phone system.

^

everyone should just ask

"who is the new director and where is his/her "state of the game" or "my vision" thread"
Edited by st4cks#1833 on 1/24/2013 3:08 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Garthandal
Expect very generic political answers to serious questions. Kinda like going through an automated phone system.

Yeah some of that is expected. However, I am also confident that blizzard is trying to make this the game it should be. I, for one, don't think they are that far off. The action is great, skillset and itemization is a bit lacking, but the game inherently is not "broken" only good things can come out D3 for years to come....or at least I like to think so! :D
Reply Quote
5 stacks...stonefort...fields...oasis. Woot!!

You know... you mentioning this makes me realize why they will I'm sure limit us in some way when switching acts. This would be too efficient to farm keys.
Reply Quote
i would be happy for the devs to do something like this but only if they would answer every question game related not just for patch 1.0.7
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 03:09 PMPosted by erosinnin
i would be happy for the devs to do something like this but only if they would answer every question game related not just for patch 1.0.7

Baby steps, my friend, baby steps. I'm just excited they are coming out of their shell!

You know... you mentioning this makes me realize why they will I'm sure limit us in some way when switching acts. This would be too efficient to farm keys.

I would agree with you, but since Hellfire Rings are BoA, there really is no incentive on blizzards part to limit us, right? It's not like we can just farm millions of rings and flood the market with them? One of the beautiful things about BoA game mechanics.
Reply Quote
I'm super excited! I always find it refreshing when developers take the time to correspond with their patrons. I think more and more gaming companies have realized that staying in touch with your fan base/community is very important (See Gearbox Software).

I am confident with a community as passionate as this some awesome questions are going to come out.

My question: Many conversations have happened in regards to new legendary gear, drop rates of existing gear, and the continued revamping of old gear. What are the devs goals concerning making Diablo 3 the most rewarding experience for both the player and the Auction House?

What kind of questions are you guys/gals looking to ask?

No trolls please...although that might be too much to ask. :D

Thanks for the laugh, Ricky. :)
Reply Quote
Wyatt Chang already said they won't let you travel freely between acts but they will make it so your stacks carry over from one act to another when you beat the act boss.

Please don't waste this with questions that have already been answered. That's what happened at the reddit ama. 90% of the questions they answered were already answered and the other 10% weren't valuable.

I just want to know if there's any plan to fix itemization or balance drop rates without the AH.
Reply Quote
It's great, but most likely they will not choose the questions we really want them to choose. I hope I am wrong about that... it's just what I've seen before.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]