Diablo® III

So who is excited about the "Ask the Devs" Topic?

"All "Like" votes count. While you can't see the vote tally, we can. Even if a post is already highly rated, your vote still means something to that question (potentially) being answered."

So, it's probably better to check the thread in case people already asked your intended question and "like" it, instead asking your own.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:19 PMPosted by Lylirra
But seriously, look back at the Reddit AMAA. That wen't pretty well, a lot of the answers were fairly long too and very in-depth, at least from Wyatt, especially after getting hounded by one question asker.

Yup, and we'd like to do more of those kinds of Q&As in the future (i.e. more open-ended and held in real-time).

For this particular series, though, we want to have a topic not only for the reasons I listed above, but also because it works better with the format. We're going to be collecting the top questions from each of our regions, translating them into English, getting the developers to provide responses, translating those responses back into the other 10 languages we support, organizing everything in a readable layout, and then publishing the information globally at the same time -- all within a week. Open-ended Q&As tend to work better in real-time and when they're being conducted in only one language; the scope would just be too large for the Ask the Devs, especially if we're looking to provide responses quickly.

Which languages we can use for asking question except English?
Reply Quote
I would like to ask the developers about the chat/game creation with names and passwords and if there will ever be a reintroduction of these amazing additions ?
I`m only asking this as I have followed Blizzard since rock`n roll racing on the Sega and I miss chatting in the old D2 chatroom (Minus the spam of course!)

Snake looks lost out there!
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 05:54 PMPosted by Lylirra
We're not asking for PR-friendly questions. In fact, we encourage critical inquiries that are detailed and provocative.

Well then, I look forward to the Q&A for itemization.
Reply Quote
Community Manager
01/24/2013 05:35 PMPosted by Dinkster9
STOP TELLING ME WHAT IS FUN

Explaining our design goals for certain features and stating that one of those goals happens to be "make it fun" -- or even saying something as bold as "we think this new system is pretty fun" -- is not same thing as us defining what the word "fun" means to you.

We know that the definition of "fun" varies from player to player, and we're certainly not trying to suggest that our definition is better than anyone else's. What we are trying to do is create an enjoyable game. Different players have different play styles, though, so there may be times when we think something is fun that you do not. And while may not always see eye-to-eye on the fun/not fun level, more often than not we're willing to make changes and work with the community so that what we find fun is also what you find fun.
Edited by Lylirra on 1/24/2013 6:28 PM PST
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Not sure I will have time to get home and ask a question before it's locked because full. It looks like it's allowed to post more than one question so maybe it will fill up fast. Would have been great to limit to one question, forcing everyone to focus on their best and more serious question. But since it's done in a forum, home made, it's likely hard to do, monitoring all this.

That's certainly something for us to consider, though as you said it would be difficult to really monitor. I'll take this back to my team and we can debate it, as civilized individuals do (i.e. there might be white boards and post-its involved :P).
Reply Quote
Community Manager
Im excited :), any hints as to what the first topic will be?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7710222398

[TOPIC]
The topic for this month is Patch 1.0.7. Please feel free to ask any questions related to changes in included this patch (i.e. dueling, class updates, new crafting recipes, etc).

To view the PTR patch notes for 1.0.7, click here.

:D
Reply Quote
By default we should just go to the patch notes and add why or how come, or maybe even who had this idea and for how long? I do like the idea of this as long as the end result is NOT, "And this is why the Dev's don't talk to the public, so we are calling off the Q&A sessions we had planned to do ONCE EVERY MONTH." Because I would really like to know what topics will be covered for the rest of the year. And to be fair their should be like 7 more Q&A topics to predate back to release. Because I do recall there was one such Q&A before and all it did was allow players to like a paragraph of fluff to things being added to the game. So If you really want to do something then allow questions to relate to D3 gameplay from May 15, 2012 to Jan 29, 2013.

There is one question that I can think of: How much time will it take from a player hitting the report botting button, until the person that was reported will be investigated? And then what is the next step?
Edited by Skunkleaf#1838 on 1/24/2013 6:38 PM PST
Reply Quote
So maybe this one might be answered?

Q: How is the development team going to combat rampant duping in 1.07? Or is that considered a question, we know won't be answered or not relevant to patch 1.07? :)
Reply Quote
well was excited til i reread lylirra's post about it pertaining to 1.07 only.Kinda of bad if you ask me that they will not answer question's about other issue's with this game.Granted 1.07 is a step in the right direction but OTHER thing's need to be addressed as well.
Reply Quote

Q: How is the development team going to combat rampant duping in 1.07? Or is that considered a question, we know won't be answered or not relevant to patch 1.07? :)

I don't think that one would be answered because it is not in the 1.0.7 patch notes. But I would so love to be wrong and have an answer to that question from the Dev's.
Reply Quote
When will the hostile button be restored?
Reply Quote

I'd suspect they have other people working on this not related to game design. Game designers just focus on making the game, all the technical and security stuff likely never gets to them.
Edited by Ignatius#1870 on 1/24/2013 6:45 PM PST
Reply Quote

Duping does not exist. Period.

The items are given/hacked/traded off then a player reports his/her account hacked/compromised and gets the same items back.

Make account restores turn your items that are restored, NON-TRADEABLE.

Issue fixed.
Reply Quote
Because of that, it's probably a good idea to avoid asking things like "WHY DOES DUELING SUCK?" or "WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO RELEASE LADDERS?" and instead opt for something more along the lines of "I'm not a big fan of the way dueling is being implemented in 1.0.7. Are there any plans for a reward system in the future? " or "I loved ladders in D2 and feel like they'd be great addition to D3. Are there any plans to provide a similar system in D3, potentially in the form of ladders?" (Though, admittedly, the latter question isn't great for the first round of questions since it's not really related to 1.0.7.)

I'll be at work too. I'm usually at work when these Q&A things happen. I wonder, since the premise here is that a thread is created, and locked at some point after 500 posts are made, why it has to be done on a weekday? CMs are around all the time, they can start and lock a thread on, say, a Saturday or Sunday. Then whoever comes in on Monday can start collecting the questions.

Anyhow, would "I loved single-player offline mode in D2 and feel like it'd be a great addition to D3. Are there any plans to provide a similar system in patch 1.07 or beyond?" count as detailed or provocative enough? I know it's off-topic, but I've seen how popular these Q&As were with WoW, and it's not likely this effort to do these monthly will last very long at all. Figured I might as well toss it out there while the chance was there, even though I strongly suspect what the answer, if any, will be.

Or better yet - "Will patch 1.07 actually be a stable and polished release when it actually goes live, unlike the launch of Diablo 3?"

Or "Will significant bugs reported on the PTR actually be fixed before 1.07 is put out to wide release, instead of treating the entire playerbase as a massive beta test?"

I hope everyone enjoys the softball-fest, because they won't answer anything with too much critical inquiry.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]