Get the Desktop App for Battle.net Now
- All your games in 1 place
- Log in once
- Automatic game updates
Questions I would like to ask the dev's in regards to patch 1.07 that is upcoming if I get the chance:
1) How does the item string of ears work in terms of damage reduction. What skills would be considered reduce melee dmg? Can you provide us with examples of what is considered melee dmg and what is not considered melee?
2) How does the mod reduce damage from ranged attacks work? What is considered a ranged attack?
3) How does the mod reduce damage from elites in pvp work. Does it reduce all incoming damage from elites or specific types of elite damage? Are there any skills that will simply ignore this modifier?
4) What attacks are not avoidable from the stat we call DODGE.
5) What are some attacks that cannot be blocked by a shield?
6) Is there a cap on block percentage?
7) How do resists work in pvp to reduce incoming damage? Are there any skills that simply ignore resists to provide full damage?
8) Will life steal and life on hit work in pvp or will it be capped or negated?
9) I see various weapons with elemental damage moddifers such as cold, poison, fire, lightning, arcane, holy. Are there any benefits to using these weapons vs a pure damage weapon?
10) Are there any plans to put in breakpoints for skills and attacks as you had in Diablo 2? Examples would be fcr breakpoints, attack speed breakpoints, fhr breakpoints, fast walk run breakpoints, weapon speed breakpoints, etc. If so would these breakpoints be standard for all characters or would they vary based on what character type you are?
My questions is will !.07 do anything about the crappy drops that have plaqued this game for a long time now or do we still have to buy all of our equipment at the auction house? Legendary items are now nothing more than crappy yellow rares with a different color. I think it is unfair to expect us to farm week after week with nothing found for our character we are using. Also why is Blizzard rewarding just high dps characters and not characters that have high armor, resistance and vitality? I have a friend that has half of my resistance and only means that 5% more damage is coming through. Yet he does not die because he has his character with high critical so his dps is high and he kills faster than me. What has happened to having a balanced character?
My questions will be something like.
1) Will there be more elite affixes in future releases?
2) Will there be different types of weapons in future releases.(also set items)
3) Will you ever make elemental weapon and armor bonusses count for that specific element. For instance some boots have +8% holy damage, but it does not require holy damage weapons.
3) Do you think that some monk passives could be a bit more offensive and solo friendly?
My questions will be something like.
Not a single one of these would be picked because non relate to the upcoming patch release, just a fyi.
Alright, I have a pre-question question.
One of the rules is that "dislikes don't count".
May I ask why this is? I can understand wanting to use the like-system to figure out which questions are "more" desired by the playerbase, but if a questions gets more upvotes than average, but also gets a ton of downvotes, wouldn't that be a great indicator to the devs as to what the community thinks?
Yes, I'll be more specific, since I do have a scenario in mind.
1.07 will be the first time PvP makes it's entrance into D3.
I imagine that all of the players who have been foaming at the mouth for ANY form of PvP will up-vote any PvP related question with vigor!
However, if (as I surmise), the actual % of players in D3 who are gung-ho about PvP is a small%, then although these questions will achieve more upvotes than average (since ALL of the PvP'ers will be looking for them just to upvote them), they may not be questions that the "actual majority" of D3 wants answered.
It's just that the "actual majority" may be burnt out (or jsut too plain lazy ;p) to actually vote for the topics that are more important to them.
so you get a question with, say, 3000 upvotes (and none down) that's not PvP related, but another PvP related question with 10000 upvotes, but 500000 downvotes.
The public is making quite clear in this case that they DO NOT want you to spend time answering the PvP question here; they don't care which of the other questions you answer, but they *don't* want this question answered, as it's of no concern to them.
Or, to put it more succinctly, by not alowing downvotes, you are essentially by definition enabling the "vocal minority" to be the one that guides the diretion of the Q&A to their tastes. Ballot-box stuffing, if you will.
(Please note that my example only pertains to if this actually happens. If the PvP questions get more upvotes AND not very many downvotes, then by all means, answer the PvP questions. Don't anyone jump down my throat about me hating PvP, I'm just using it as a polarized topic of the community, not *the* topic it will happen to)
No, that is not defining the word fun for us.
The problem was, since day one, the Dev's, most note-ably Jay Wilson who would always tell us this and that was fun when it turned out not to be.
Now tell me, when the Devs were really set on telling us what was fun and what wasn't, which would be the game at release.
Which was more fun, the release game or the game that the player base has "influenced"?
Cause I believe the game now is more fun then it was at release.
And due to that I don't trust any Devs to tell me what is fun and what is not anymore.
На Русских серверах после ввода силы монстров цена на золото упала до минимальной 0.25 евро за 1 миллион монет и в будущем если все так будет продолжаться я думаю вообще нельзя будет продать голд через аукцион,игроков с каждым днём становится все меньше и меньше, из за большого количества меди планируется ли ввод новых легендарных вещей для поднятия рынка и экономики или еще что нибудь интересное для вывода меди ?
Wow who would have thought this topic was going to explode!
So much passion in this topic! I guess everyone is excited!
I knew as soon as Lyirria made an appearance people would go off!
I hope that the questions are respectful. There are so many people that are angry at how this game is in its current state as well as many (like myself) are enjoying the game.
If we keep civil in the method in which we pose questions, opportunities to interact with the devs will be more frequent!
LET'S GO D3!
The thing is though Lylirra is that we've been told what is fun and what is not fun a lot. "Dodging monster attacks isn't fun", "doing boss runs over and over isn't fun", "being forced to play all the content over and over to kill elites to get NV stacks is fun", "it's not fun to have to stack certain things on your items", "it's not fun to have to use a certain skill, rune or passive". And those are just the things I can remember off the top of my head (loose quotes, not exact)
The thing is, most of that (re: all of it) is pretty much wrong.
I can't bring myself to care very much.
The questions I really want answers to (ITEMIZATION) have been ignored or brushed aside in the past with empty PR speak, and Blizzard has made it crystal clear that they're going to implement whatever they want, and sell it to us as a real fix.
Why not soft cap everything? Crit, crit damage, ias, resistances, etc. So people can "cap" and then search for other items to use? Thus opening up other affixes for desirability and pushing diversity in gearing?
What items are you refering to?
To me Diablo is not about the equalization of players. The idea of capping and nerfing desireable stats is spawned from weaker players looking to survive in PvP. PvP in my opinion should be an entirely different game.
I know I'm off point with this post, my appologies.
Like I stated in another thread. I'm having more fun playing D3 now than before. I don't really care about PoE even though I am going to check it out but I'm having a lot of fun level my barb right now and I just don't see a reason to jump ship. Especially with the new patch coming.
Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.
Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.
Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.