Diablo® III

So who is excited about the "Ask the Devs" Topic?

So, here's what I'm afraid of...

My question is going to be:
"Will it be possible for players to finish the 4 broken champion/rare achievements and finally reach 100% Achievements in 1.07 when it goes live?"

Answer I would like:
"Yes, we op-tested this with multiple types of characters on different servers and even created dummy characters that were hypothetically introduced after each patch and each of them was able to successfully complete each of the broken achievements. We can 100% guarantee that you will be able to reach 100%. Preliminary Congrats!"

Answers I am most likely to receive (by likelihood):

1. Crickets.

2. "This is an issue we are aware of and are working on it"

3. "Yes" (with no explanation and no fix. Kind of like in the 1.05 notes when the said this was fixed but it wasn't....)

4. "No, this is low priority for us. We really felt like Achievements did not appeal to the casual player and don't really plan on fixing this in the near term."

5. [AUTO-RESPONSE triggered by keyword "Achievement":] "When we first set out to design this game, we wanted it to be a unique playing experience that would satisfy both D2 fans and newcomers as well. We went to the drawing board and considered what really gets people excited in an ARPG and started building the game from there. If we didn't feel like a development path was perfect, we tore it down and started over again. In the end, we feel like the game really hit the right notes and was a great ACHIEVEMENT"

6. (Insert generic "aren't I being cute and evasive" Lyrilla post that subtly jabs at the player and provides almost a straight answer that almost addresses the question)

7. "Yes, but it only triggers if you have bought something from the RMAH"

8. "Wait, it's impossible for players to get to 100% Achievements? Why didn't anybody post anything about that in the forums? We'll look into that and make sure to work it into the Expansion Pack."

9. "Question Invalid. Due to advice from our lawyers, we are forbidden from admitting that any part of this game was or ever could be broken."

10. "Why so much hatred? You've put a lot of hours into the game so clearly you like it. Isn't that enough? If it isn't, go back to D2 and quite QQ'ing on the forums you troll" (the old "trivialize and distract" approach that seems so prevalent....)
Edited by Duffman#1295 on 1/25/2013 12:37 PM PST
Reply Quote
This Q&A bores the hell out of me with its complicated process.
How about this alternate Q&A process?
- community manager does his job by browsing the forum
- CM compiles list of FAQs
- CM takes them to devs
- CM posts a nice list of the answers
- repeat weekly
So? Anybody like that better?
Reply Quote
Paragon leveling, why does it not provide anything to the player besides free MF and make PvP more unbalanced than it already is?

Why are 80% of all legendary items not worth the title of Legendary?

Why are legendary items better than rares, yet still have random properties?

Why not have Prefix/Suffix allocation so items aren't utter crap or godly? Moreover, please restrict properties per item more (no more Crit bracers, no more crit helms, etc.) so to push diversity in itemization.

Why not soft cap everything? Crit, crit damage, ias, resistances, etc. So people can "cap" and then search for other items to use? Thus opening up other affixes for desirability and pushing diversity in gearing?

Why not make leveling give BASE damage to the character, or skills get a base damage; then massively nerf items to be less of the power of the character?

also in D3 we skip bosses to farm trash and in D2 we skipped trash to farm bosses, and if you do farm bosses now you still need 5 stacks of NV first. So you still cant get out of farming trash.
Reply Quote
More Legendaries please... along with set boosts. Just a consideration. I love finding the godly items and gettin all excited. LIke D2. Rare rolls should be a little better too for those just starting or for those that don't want to spend a lot of time AH'ing
Reply Quote
Someone better ask when the proposed(multiple times) chat channel layout will be implemented and if it isn't why the hell not.
Reply Quote
Too little, too late imo. Waited until well over half the player base was gone and Jay Wilson had to go away first.

Hmmmm.

Seems like they are finally caving in and doing what the players wanted way back in August/September when the players were - quite to the contrary - just being blissfully ignored by BLUs
Edited by LoTan#1928 on 1/25/2013 10:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Just stalling on the release of 1.07. PTR has been out over a week... 2 weeks later we get to ask questions about the patch... 1 week later they will give a sterile response to select questions. No patch in January then, not surprised though. Hey devs... why is the AH broken? And any plans to fix it anytime soon? This patch sucks without the AH... good luck building a 0-dog, Tempest Rush, or weapon throw build by finding your gear.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 07:08 PMPosted by Wrathofrecca

Explaining our design goals for certain features and stating that one of those goals happens to be "make it fun" -- or even saying something as bold as "we think this new system is pretty fun" -- is not same thing as us defining what the word "fun" means to you.

We know that the definition of "fun" varies from player to player, and we're certainly not trying to suggest that our definition is better than anyone else's. What we are trying to do is create an enjoyable game. Different players have different play styles, though, so there may be times when we think something is fun that you do not. And while may not always see eye-to-eye on the fun/not fun level, more often than not we're willing to make changes and work with the community so that what we find fun is also what you find fun.

Lylirra you are one of my favorite Blue's blah blah

Post is as bad as your chars, lol.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Mayde
Wyatt Chang already said they won't let you travel freely between acts but they will make it so your stacks carry over from one act to another when you beat the act boss.

In response to Mayde, for everyone: Yes, some of us know this and still ask the question. Did Wyatt explain why they won't allow us to travel between acts or how it is or is not possible? Blizzard (often, not always) seems reluctant to explain why they will/won't do a certain thing. I guess they feel cornered.

If they answer "because it isn't possible with the code of the game", they have to admit a limitation (perhaps even poor design) of their game, if they answer "because we don't want to" then they seem like they don't care what their customers want, which is never a good thing. I understand the difficult position that they're in, but it isn't any excuse for poor design choices, execution and testing earlier on when the game came out.

So, while some people ask the same questions over and over again because they don't know it was already answered (which isn't really their fault unless they read through everything on here and Reddit) others, like me, ask these questions even after they're **answered** because we want clarification on the how or why, which is, to some extent, our business as well.

I agree though with a lot of people here, we need to hear about itemization and ask questions accordingly. It is unfortunate that the first topic is patch 1.0.7. It isn't the worst topic choice (believe me it could have been worse or we could have just not gotten this Q and A at all). But, it isn't what most of us wish to talk about. Typical of Blizzard on this project (Diablo 3)...telling us what we want, what to talk about, what we're interested in.. sigh. Responding to our wishes months later. I guess we're all human. Hopefully they will continue to be patient with us zealous fans like me understanding that we've been very patient with them.

Note: ***If I don't seem patient, note that I still play Diablo 3 and thanks to some guilt I felt from reading a post by Lylirra I have even joined the silly PTR to help testing today.
Reply Quote

01/24/2013 04:22 PMPosted by Mayde
Wyatt Chang already said they won't let you travel freely between acts but they will make it so your stacks carry over from one act to another when you beat the act boss.

In response to Mayde, for everyone: Yes, some of us know this and still ask the question. Did Wyatt explain why they won't allow us to travel between acts or how it is or is not possible? Blizzard (often, not always) seems reluctant to explain why they will/won't do a certain thing. I guess they feel cornered.

If they answer "because it isn't possible with the code of the game", they have to admit a limitation (perhaps even poor design) of their game,

It was able to be done in the previous game 12 years ago, saying they can't do it now would be a lie.
Reply Quote
Any plans to make more recipes for crafting?
Reply Quote
There is one problem with this game they will never fix. The atmosphere. This game is not creepy, not scary, not bloody enough to live up for its fame :(
Reply Quote
I'm not, all they will answer us is "That takes time".
Reply Quote
1st question, can you start Diablo IV now? Please use Diablo III as a template of what not to do.
Reply Quote
Too little, too late imo. Waited until well over half the player base was gone and Jay Wilson had to go away first.

Hmmmm.

Seems like they are finally caving in and doing what the players wanted way back in August/September when the players were - quite to the contrary - just being blissfully ignored by BLUs

I agree, except it is much less than half. We are probably at 15k players worldwide based on diabloprogress, which is the closest I am going to get without somehow hacking into battlenet. Probably <1% based on sales.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]