Diablo® III

How to get my dps up {Tempest rush}

i made a tempest rush build today and love it, I got 3 paragon levels in like 3 hours. I notice that i dont one shot trash mobs and my friend told me it is 160k dps to do so. With that being said can anyone point me to where i can increase my dps for this?
Reply Quote
The main 2 points I'd look at is raising your dex and getting a Skorn with 180+ CD
Reply Quote
Druin has an entire guide to teach you how to most effectively use the TR XP build. Check it out here http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7199912895.

Also, as Morax mentioned, get yourself a better Skorn. I'm quite happy with mine, and could only really improve it if it had LS/LoK, and that's not exactly in my budget (well, LoK is, but I'm not too bothered). Also, revise your build to get as high a snapshot as possible. Check Druin's guide to see the build, and with your CC, Cyclone will definitely benefit you quite well. As mine is still under 40%, I have found that using Blade Storm gives me consistently better DPS.

The last thing I've found, is that when using a Skorn (or any 2-hander really), the biggest improvement to your DPS is found in IAS. I have a few pieces of IAS gear that I use to snapshot SW and it helps a lot. I'm not too high in terms of raw DPS, I think I'm at about 140K unbuffed, but with the IAS gear, Foresight, and Faith in the Light, my DPS snapshots at 270K. I can live with that. If I can find a few ways to really up my DPS more, the coming buffs to XP gain in MP levels will REALLY speed up the XP farming.

Good Luck!
Reply Quote
01/19/2013 10:50 PMPosted by ATRAZIINE
i made a tempest rush build today and love it, I got 3 paragon levels in like 3 hours. I notice that i dont one shot trash mobs and my friend told me it is 160k dps to do so. With that being said can anyone point me to where i can increase my dps for this?

As has been mentioned, your Skorn could use improving. You dont need LS on MP0 but you do need damage so getting a socketed ~1400 DPS w/ 190 natural crit skorn would help immensely.

Also, drop OWE for Exalted Soul, that will help you with spirit generation. Eventually you'll want to try getting away from SW: Inner Storm. It is useful for spirit generation but horrible for DPS.
Reply Quote
Get better gear.

The last thing I've found, is that when using a Skorn (or any 2-hander really), the biggest improvement to your DPS is found in IAS. I have a few pieces of IAS gear that I use to snapshot SW and it helps a lot. I'm not too high in terms of raw DPS, I think I'm at about 140K unbuffed, but with the IAS gear, Foresight, and Faith in the Light, my DPS snapshots at 270K.

iAS does not shapshot.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]