Diablo® III

[Findings] PvP belt for barbs.

So guess what guys. Today I was looking through some items and running numbers through underpriced gear and I discovered something phenomenal.

If you're running Inna's temperance...

An Innas Favor which has a single random roll on it (roll of 190 str most beneficial to barbs), runs at a 6k dps decrease to my Witching Hour and overall a 0.1-0.2 prot decrease. (Prot is from 220-230 dex due to 2 set bonus as well as 240 armor)

With a bonus of 14% to crowd control reduction.

Considering that alot of barb dps is from rend, and that rend does not compute % IAS. This would place Innas with Skorn at about similar if not higher dps than my current witching hour, also take note that it has 1% CC, this might not seem as significant but hell people would pay good money for a 5% CC mempos or lacunis as opposed to a 4% or 3% CC one. Also, critting on a rend is really important in PvP for us.

With crowd control reduction and dodge based damage reduction.

How cool is that? :D

Tbh, I would have never found out about this if PvP wasn't released, because dodge wouldn't have been as viable and optimizing rend mechanics wouldn't be as important. So yeah, I've got a sweet 194 str 8% Holy 14% CC reduction and 240 armor Inna's Belt bought for my barb at 2m.

Which compared to my witching hour with a current market value of 350m conservative estimate to 450m seems well worth it.

So what do you think?

(Innas will be on my female barb, witching will be on my male. Let me update this.)
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/20/2013 7:03 AM PST
Reply Quote
Under priced gear according to who you?

Why dont you make a list of these so called gear prices for folks that dont know prices?

Yet you think everyone will pvp pfft lame !@# game.
Edited by JacobsHell#1185 on 1/20/2013 6:30 AM PST
Reply Quote
Under priced gear according to who you?

Why dont you make a list of these so called gear prices for folks that dont know prices?

Yet you think everyone will pvp pfft lame !@# game.

Erm.

Inna's Belt bought for my barb at 2m.

Which compared to my witching hour with a current market value of 350m conservative estimate to 450m seems well worth it.

Also, bro, chill that rage. Lol I can understand why you might not like PvP especially with that 20k life barb of yours but yeah, try to post with a more civil tone.
Edited by Uberjager#6563 on 1/20/2013 6:32 AM PST
Reply Quote
Good tip Uber. I never would have considered all that. There are enough barbs out there with Innas pants where this could be a real easy purchase with great PvP assistance in mind.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 06:37 AMPosted by Wayneold
Good tip Uber. I never would have considered all that. There are enough barbs out there with Innas pants where this could be a real easy purchase with great PvP assistance in mind.

Man. For a moment I was in shock. Ran the numbers again and bought that belt for 2m.

Rofl.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=pipTwjwrQYQ
Reply Quote
Good to know, thanks!
Reply Quote
not really that great for PvP, but nice alternative for high dps farming

inna pants suck in PvP because of awful ehp
the belt is the cheapest place to get reduced cost for WT which most barbs will use.

great find nonetheless, I guess I will try this for farming
Reply Quote
Has anyone considered ageless might

The reduced damage from melee attacks may be useful. I can only assume that stacking damage reduction will be just as effective as it was in D2

Maybe it is something you could swap out when fighting monks or other barbs
Reply Quote
Good alternative for those running inna's pants, nice find.

@Hotrod - We have Thunder God's belt for damage reduction, which can roll up to 20%. Much better than Ageless Might's 4%.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Uberjager
Considering that alot of barb dps is from rend, and that rend does not compute % IAS. This would place Innas with Skorn at about similar if not higher dps than my current witching hour, also take note that it has 1% CC, this might not seem as significant but hell people would pay good money for a 5% CC mempos or lacunis as opposed to a 4% or 3% CC one. Also, critting on a rend is really important in PvP for us.

so to make the most out of this combo you've found that skorn is necessary too?

based off of your post I went out and got one, 160str but it was only 2m like urs, and I already had the pantalones rotting in my stash
Reply Quote
Black damage weps would be a must to take advantage of the +elem. bonus. 1350+ EF would be good also I think.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 06:30 AMPosted by Uberjager
Also, bro, chill that rage. Lol I can understand why you might not like PvP especially with that 20k life barb of yours

lol
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Garthandal
I am also curious if the %holy damage is more helpful with black damage weapons.

%elemental damage is based on total Physical damage (black damage). If your weapon has +elemental damage, it has alot less black damage.
Reply Quote
this will work out well I feel as my next huge purchase will be a boss black damage MH
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Garthandal
Funny, I found a 191 str inna belt and it increased my barb dps compared to the 269 str ik belt I have. I am also curious if the %holy damage is more helpful with black damage weapons.

8% holy dam > 80 str.

:P
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 09:43 AMPosted by Vulindlela
Also, bro, chill that rage. Lol I can understand why you might not like PvP especially with that 20k life barb of yours

lol

lol
Reply Quote
No idea why someone would wear Inna's pants for pvp, but yeah, that belt isn't bad. I think I'd rather wear real pants, IK belt, and IK boots (since they have CC reduction too).
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 06:46 PMPosted by bigtexasdan
No idea why someone would wear Inna's pants for pvp, but yeah, that belt isn't bad. I think I'd rather wear real pants, IK belt, and IK boots (since they have CC reduction too).

True true.

Was just to point out an alternative that people might not have considered. :P
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]