Diablo® III

[Findings] PvP belt for barbs.

With the "players count as elite" change incoming, BT boots might be another item to note. The reduced dmg from elite does not spawn naturally outside side chests. With litany, chest & BT boots, a possible 21% dmg reduction from elites is possible. Something to note perhaps?
Reply Quote
With the "players count as elite" change incoming, BT boots might be another item to note. The reduced dmg from elite does not spawn naturally outside side chests. With litany, chest & BT boots, a possible 21% dmg reduction from elites is possible. Something to note perhaps?

I wonder if elite damage has the same mechanic has melee or ranged damage reduction.

Like. Its multiplicative. So you'd get about 17% instead of 21%.
Reply Quote
I thin it does. PS: forgot to add storm shield. So even with multiplicative effect, you are still getting inverse of .93x.93x.93x.93=25% approx reduction. Will some rich guy test this out please? :p
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 07:50 PMPosted by TheEconomist
I thin it does. PS: forgot to add storm shield. So even with multiplicative effect, you are still getting inverse of .93x.93x.93x.93=25% approx reduction. Will some rich guy test this out please? :p

:P not rich. Patient. You have to find an elite pack. Stand there and record a video of the damage you take then compare the damage numbers.

Tedious stuff. ._.
Reply Quote
Um, if you are pvp'ing, why would you use inna's pants? EHP potential is pretty bad for inna pants.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 08:07 PMPosted by Jim
Um, if you are pvp'ing, why would you use inna's pants? EHP potential is pretty bad for inna pants.

I balance off the loss of EHP potential on Innas pants with no MS Ice climbers.
Reply Quote
Uber, your posts on underpriced gears are awesome. Bought my str/dex/vit Vile ward for 117m after reading your post on the subject. There is nothing better in the AH right now at any price o.O

Bump
Reply Quote
@ fury: since you are already on the dex route, you might want to keep a look out for IK boots that have 190+ dex. Some were selling @ under 15 mil. You would effectively be getting 360 odd stat points total, faster runwalk, AR & CC reduction in single slot. All said, there are risk factors in such investment though
Reply Quote
Uber, your posts on underpriced gears are awesome. Bought my str/dex/vit Vile ward for 117m after reading your post on the subject. There is nothing better in the AH right now at any price o.O

Bump

Wow 117M... O_o
Reply Quote

I wonder if elite damage has the same mechanic has melee or ranged damage reduction.

I thought so. Read it from somewhere.
Reply Quote

Bump

Wow 117M... O_o

Haha, did you mean that in a good way?

I thought so. Read it from somewhere.

Would appreciate a link if you can recall it. :P
Reply Quote
melee dr can stack very high. ik helm + nats boots + ik gloves + ik set bonus + Amulet + bracers + shield, looking at 6%^7 x 20%(for the t god) which multiplies out to about 48% reduction

elite resist can be found on shield, BT boots, BT set bonus, chest, litany ring, 7%^5 ~ about 30%

ranged is the weakest, cant recall exactly what items its on but it stacks to about 25-30%

Im using BT set, ;) with possibly IK helm, IK gloves and SS, for melee res, and BT armor with bracers for ranged/melee resist. not all the way there yet.

Long time ago I worked out a defense value system for mitigation and I score items based off this. For simplicities sake It assumes all defense values on the char sheet are in balance as the benefit changes if they are not.

one point of:
armor = 1,
stats = 1,
all res = 10,
melee res/ranged res = 50
elite res = 100

so BT boots with 80 all ress, 600 armor, 50 str and 7% elite res would score
80X10 + 600 + 50 + 7x100 = 2150

where IK armor of 860 armor, 80 all res 350 stat points would score
860 + 80X10 + 350 = 2010

lets me know which armor pieces are pulling their weight defensively.
Reply Quote
Sorrie i didnt read ur post properly. What i read was refering to melee and range reduction. Not elite. :x
Reply Quote
melee dr can stack very high. ik helm + nats boots + ik gloves + ik set bonus + Amulet + bracers + shield, looking at 6%^7 x 20%(for the t god) which multiplies out to about 48% reduction

elite resist can be found on shield, BT boots, BT set bonus, chest, litany ring, 7%^5 ~ about 30%

ranged is the weakest, cant recall exactly what items its on but it stacks to about 25-30%

Im using BT set, ;) with possibly IK helm, IK gloves and SS, for melee res, and BT armor with bracers for ranged/melee resist. not all the way there yet.

Long time ago I worked out a defense value system for mitigation and I score items based off this. For simplicities sake It assumes all defense values on the char sheet are in balance as the benefit changes if they are not.

one point of:
armor = 1,
stats = 1,
all res = 10,
melee res/ranged res = 50
elite res = 100

so BT boots with 80 all ress, 600 armor, 50 str and 7% elite res would score
80X10 + 600 + 50 + 7x100 = 2150

where IK armor of 860 armor, 80 all res 350 stat points would score
860 + 80X10 + 350 = 2010

lets me know which armor pieces are pulling their weight defensively.

Problem with Melee DR is that only 2 out of 5 classes are melee. Sure, they're some spells that count as Melee but I feel that the only % DR that's worth it now is Elite because it covers all angles.

Problem is, its really hard to effectively test for elite damage reduction unless you bring over 5 separate pieces to PTR with it and actually do what Nubtro does, frame by frame analysis of recorded PvP footage.

Hella tedious, gotta give props to Nubtro for doing it though.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 10:53 PMPosted by Uberjager
Problem with Melee DR is that only 2 out of 5 classes are melee. Sure, they're some spells that count as Melee but I feel that the only % DR that's worth it now is Elite because it covers all angles.

yeah... priority based on usefulness would be elite>ranged>melee but its handy to have melee for a gear swap if your facing a smash hammer barb. 50% dr would be life saving vs a 2mil crit.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 10:59 PMPosted by DeadLegacy

yeah... priority based on usefulness would be elite>ranged>melee but its handy to have melee for a gear swap if your facing a smash hammer barb. 50% dr would be life saving vs a 2mil crit.

Against a Hammer smash barb I find dex to be more beneficial.

Better to dodge the thing than to tank it.
Reply Quote
Let's just ask Nubtro to do it for the entire Barb community. That guy's patience is legen... wait for it... dary! :-)

BTW, Has anybody thought of using Schaefer's Hammer with that insane crit when you're hit?
Reply Quote
Let's just ask Nubtro to do it for the entire Barb community. That guy's patience is legen... wait for it... dary! :-)

BTW, Has anybody thought of using Schaefer's Hammer with that insane crit when you're hit?

Tested it. Terrible.

Band of hollow whispers also terrible. (damage doesn't scale to dps)

Andariel's proc also terrible.

Pox Faulds does nothing.

Bul-Katho's 2 Set WW has pretty decent damage but functionally useless.

Death Watch Mantle, terrible.

Lidless Wall, shielding is nice but not at the expense of other potential stats.

Tried other legendaries.

None of note so far.
Reply Quote
While a decent Critical Damage Schaefer's Hammer's hammer will proc for around 200k-250k DPS per tick if it critical hits (you get two ticks per activation of the proc), I would definitely say it is not competitive enough for PVP. The issue is that you have to be hit (if you dodge you lose any chance to proc) and take possibly massive damage before it does go off. And even if you do get hit, the proc is not guaranteed (a perfect Schaefer's Hammer will only proc 50% of being hit). Then add the fact, that multiple procs cannot go off at the same time, those are not odds that I personally would want to develop PVP gear for. Schaefer's Hammer is fantastic for farming due to its massive AOE attack, but will absolutely be destroyed in PVP.
Reply Quote
^
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]