Diablo® III

three games just like diablo 2

3 games just like diablo 2.

Titan Quest - Iron Lore Entertainment $5

Path of Exile -$15

Grim Dawn - the makers of Titan quest. unreleased
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn
Reply Quote
Path of Exile is a free to play game coming up Jan 23rd, and i really recommend it. Kripp does :)
Reply Quote
Grim dawn looks much better than PoE. Also seems more fun.
Reply Quote
wow kripp does. like OMG...
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 02:20 PMPosted by Rhaovian
Kripp does :)

Just no.
Are you really going to follow and worship that guy?
All he does is record himself playing video games, and comes up with radical ideas and extremely long winded explanations on certain points.
Go watch teletubbies, you'll learn more from them.
Reply Quote
No thanks, I'm happy with Diablo and won't spend all my time advertising other games on diablos forums.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 02:37 PMPosted by familia
No thanks, I'm happy with Diablo and won't spend all my time advertising other games on diablos forums.

Let's advertise Diablo on the Diablo forums. :)

I like smiley faces too. ;)
Reply Quote
POE is a free to play game, so theres is no reason for people to not try it out? Am i wrong?

Even if you dont seem to like it now, F2P is F2P.
Reply Quote
POE is a free to play game, so theres is no reason for people to not try it out? Am i wrong?

\
it got what diablo lacks, but lacks what diablo have..
great atmosphere, great itemization, inovative ideas.
clunky control (compare to diablo3), lack of epic bone chilling storyline such as the one found in diablo (sarcasm, but poe really doesnt have one), and good cinematic/voice actors.
Reply Quote

\
it got what diablo lacks, but lacks what diablo have..
great atmosphere, great itemization, inovative ideas.
clunky control (compare to diablo3), lack of epic bone chilling storyline such as the one found in diablo (sarcasm, but poe really doesnt have one), and good cinematic/voice actors.

POE has a story line that is much better than Diablo3s learn to read.
POE doesnt have clunky controls you can actually miss in the game and can actually dodge attacks by moving.
POE has MANY uniques that dont suck, even low lvl ones.
POE has a ridculous amount of skills/ passives and BUILDS not just the 1-3 pigeon holed builds diablo 3 classes have.
POE has in general great drops and no AH.
POE has voice actors amazing right? not that it needs them.
POE has pages and pages of storage space.....
In POE i can make a marauder and build it like a monk and make !@#$ explode for real when i punch them unlike the still lame(unless you have godly gear, exploding palm monk in diablo3).
Lighting magic doesnt suck in POE.
Hey you can pick your own stat points/passives in POE.
POE has REAL RANDOM MAPS AND DUNGEONS AND RANDOM ENDGAME MAPS.
POE PVP is awesome as all hell eventhough i generall dislike PVP i even like POEs PVP.
POE has 1/100th the studio of Diablo 3 team yet they built an amazing game in less than 2years and update patches every week or so.

Wow .... do we see a pattern here?
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Gadra
POE PVP is awesome as all hell eventhough i generall dislike PVP i even like POEs PVP.

Can't tell if being trolled or really serious.
Reply Quote
Got the supporter pack for PoE, great game! Diablo has its upside too but.... thing is... when I login to Diablo3 I wanna open AH, when I log in to PoE I wanna kill monsters...
Reply Quote
That Kripp dude is one of the UGLIEST mofos I've ever seen. His ugly alone is enough to not make me want to play whatever he recommends.
Reply Quote

Even if you don't seem to like it now, F2P is F2P.

Even if it is free it takes time to play it.

Which would be wasted time if it was a terrible game for example.

Hell, a lot of us probably value our free-time more than we value or money, so the time aspect likely matters more than the price of the game in all cases.

P.S. I'm pretty sure Ill try PoE next week. I played it in closed beta like a year ago, and was extremely underwhelmed by the slow and boring combat. It was full of potential and interesting ideas. But I'm not sure that can carry it through if the basic gameplay is lacking.
In some way its the direct opposite of Diablo 3 :D
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/20/2013 3:34 PM PST
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 02:26 PMPosted by VLADIMIR
Grim dawn looks much better than PoE. Also seems more fun.

YES.

This game is why I stopped following PoE and recommending it as an alternative to D3. And, I did play PoE and think its a "good" game and bought a $25 Kiwi.

Now, nah. Grim Dawn looks dark and has that "D2" feel as far as the way the itemization looks, game world and gameplay. PoE has its "own" look and feel which is "okay."

and Grim Dawn has off line mode which PoE doesn't

So, I'll be playing D3 and Grim Dawn (when it comes out) and recommending Grim Dawn to those who think PoE is the best alternative.
Edited by Fyle#1652 on 1/20/2013 3:50 PM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]