Diablo® III

three games just like diablo 2

88 Human Paladin
Who cares about Kripparian or what he likes. Trolls just add that to PoE posts to get people raging. I wouldn't be surprised if the poster that said "kripp does" doesn't even like the game and just added that to start a flame war and derail the thread.

Anyway think for yourselves and try PoE at open beta if you like it then do so on your own merits and if you hate it do the same. Personally I love it but it has nothing to do with Kripparian. It is just an arpg with some very clever devs that have made an arpg with depth not some wide net crap that is designed to appeal to newbs.
Reply Quote
3 games just like diablo 2.

Titan Quest - Iron Lore Entertainment $5

Path of Exile -$15

Grim Dawn - the makers of Titan quest. unreleased
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

You forgot "Torchlight" and "Tprchlight 2" which are almost identical to D2 in many ways AND have more frequent gear upgrades, and NEITHER of which managed to stay relevant for very long at all, nor did T2 kill D3 like it was supposed to.

Neither will these games you mention.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 03:09 PMPosted by Gadra
yet they built an amazing game in less than 2years and update patches every week or so.

Note quite.
From wikipedia:
It was developed under the radar for three years before publicly announcing the game on 1. September 2010.

3 years + 2.5 years since Sept 2010 = 5.5 years in development, and it's currently in closed beta, soon to be in open beta in the coming days.
Reply Quote
\
it got what diablo lacks, but lacks what diablo have..
great atmosphere, great itemization, inovative ideas.
clunky control (compare to diablo3), lack of epic bone chilling storyline such as the one found in diablo (sarcasm, but poe really doesnt have one), and good cinematic/voice actors.

POE has a story line that is much better than Diablo3s learn to read.
POE doesnt have clunky controls you can actually miss in the game and can actually dodge attacks by moving.
POE has MANY uniques that dont suck, even low lvl ones.
POE has a ridculous amount of skills/ passives and BUILDS not just the 1-3 pigeon holed builds diablo 3 classes have.
POE has in general great drops and no AH.
POE has voice actors amazing right? not that it needs them.
POE has pages and pages of storage space.....
In POE i can make a marauder and build it like a monk and make !@#$ explode for real when i punch them unlike the still lame(unless you have godly gear, exploding palm monk in diablo3).
Lighting magic doesnt suck in POE.
Hey you can pick your own stat points/passives in POE.
POE has REAL RANDOM MAPS AND DUNGEONS AND RANDOM ENDGAME MAPS.
POE PVP is awesome as all hell eventhough i generall dislike PVP i even like POEs PVP.
POE has 1/100th the studio of Diablo 3 team yet they built an amazing game in less than 2years and update patches every week or so.

Wow .... do we see a pattern here?

You forgot 1 important thing.

PoE has no gold, thus no gold spammers, gold farmers, etc.
Reply Quote

POE has a story line that is much better than Diablo3s learn to read.
POE doesnt have clunky controls you can actually miss in the game and can actually dodge attacks by moving.
POE has MANY uniques that dont suck, even low lvl ones.
POE has a ridculous amount of skills/ passives and BUILDS not just the 1-3 pigeon holed builds diablo 3 classes have.
POE has in general great drops and no AH.
POE has voice actors amazing right? not that it needs them.
POE has pages and pages of storage space.....
In POE i can make a marauder and build it like a monk and make !@#$ explode for real when i punch them unlike the still lame(unless you have godly gear, exploding palm monk in diablo3).
Lighting magic doesnt suck in POE.
Hey you can pick your own stat points/passives in POE.
POE has REAL RANDOM MAPS AND DUNGEONS AND RANDOM ENDGAME MAPS.
POE PVP is awesome as all hell eventhough i generall dislike PVP i even like POEs PVP.
POE has 1/100th the studio of Diablo 3 team yet they built an amazing game in less than 2years and update patches every week or so.

Wow .... do we see a pattern here?

i wont be surprised if err, scrap and orb fragment spammer start to appear.
Reply Quote

You know, neither would I, but I think it'll be far more difficult since PoE has about 23 different currencies, instead of just 1.
Reply Quote
88 Human Paladin

You know, neither would I, but I think it'll be far more difficult since PoE has about 23 different currencies, instead of just 1.

Many gold farmers can barely speak english. It would be so funny to see them try and negotiate a currency trade lol. I traded 2 orb of regret and a chaos orb for unique boots but the guy also would have taken fusings or a Blessed. It took like 5 minutes for us to settle on a trade. Imagining a farmer doing that is hilarious.
Edited by Ironstorm#1410 on 1/20/2013 4:27 PM PST
Reply Quote
Many gold farmers can barely speak english. It would be so funny to see them try and negotiate a currency trade lol. I traded 2 orb of regret and a chaos orb for unique boots but the guy also would have taken fusings or a Blessed. It took like 5 minutes for us to settle on a trade. Imagining a farmer doing that is hilarious.

Your logic is horribly flawed.
Reply Quote
Thanks for reading thread and comparing games to diablo 3 for more feedback on what this game can be.

I wrote something for my reply but blizzard logged my out while typing it all and it didnt post...so time for me to hit up some league of legends.
Edited by majinbeast#1200 on 1/20/2013 11:47 PM PST
Reply Quote
View profile
01/20/2013 02:51 PMPosted by Regenerator
clunky control (compare to diablo3),

You didn't play long enough. Combat is slow at lower levels because you are noob-toon.
Reply Quote
View profile
01/20/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Shadout
I played it in closed beta like a year ago, and was extremely underwhelmed by the slow and boring combat.

Unlike D3, you have to actually put time in on your toon to make them better/faster/awesome.
Reply Quote
Titan Quest - Iron Lore Entertainment $5

Path of Exile -$15

Grim Dawn - the makers of Titan quest. unreleased
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/crateentertainment/grim-dawn

Titan Quest is really good, some of the available mods can add to the experience.

Path of Exile, don't like the look of the graphics, it's a bit unbalanced so right now I don't really like it.

Grim Dawn has my highest hopes to satisfy my tastes in ARPGs.

All just my opinion of course, I'm sure some people will enjoy PoE even if I don't right now.
Reply Quote
To me, the only reason D2 was able to keep me interested for so long, and kept me coming back every few years, is the online portion.

Trading in open server game (Torchlight 2, d2 open bnet, Titan Quest and most likely Grim Dawn) seems futile since you can just hack your savefile to get any item you want.

So, while D3 online ONLY doesn't please me, it doesn't bother me as much as many of you, cause I'd be playing online on closed bnet anyway.

So the only viable option for me is POE, and last I played, the trading was great in that game, even if there was no trade window, and you both had to drop item to the ground (Now it does have a trade window).

I do have a supporter package from both Grim Dawn and PoE. I will play Grim Dawn when I can, but highly doubt it will keep me busy long enough to compensate for the deception D3 is to me, due to my high expectation.

Only reason I came back to D3 was because one of my buddy told me he started again and I don't feel like starting a character on PoE and have it wiped in 3 days.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 02:35 PMPosted by Leviathan
No thanks, I'm happy with Diablo and won't spend all my time advertising other games on diablos forums.

01/20/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Fingerling

Can't tell if being trolled or really serious.

I don't know about awesome but it certainly better than the one shot fest going on in D3. Different builds counter eachother in cool unique ways. Its not just the same classes doing the same things with the exact same stuff over and over.
Reply Quote
01/20/2013 02:26 PMPosted by VLADIMIR
Grim dawn looks much better than PoE. Also seems more fun.

Grim Dawn looks awesome but won't be supported by an always online community like Path of Exile will be. GD will be subject to cheating and hacks right out of the gate. Really hurts the game.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:27 AMPosted by stryker
GD will be subject to cheating and hacks right out of the gate.

Well you don't have to follow those cheaters and hackers do you?

I'm sure some people will have a group of honesty gamers who want a true authentic experience playing this game.

And we all know that D3 doesn't have cheating or hacking am I right? Am I? Cuz for some reason I'm doubting myself... oh wait never mind that's sarcasm lol.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 12:34 AMPosted by DeMasked
GD will be subject to cheating and hacks right out of the gate.

Well you don't have to follow those cheaters and hackers do you?

I'm sure some people will have a group of honesty gamers who want a true authentic experience playing this game.

And we all know that D3 doesn't have cheating or hacking am I right? Am I? Cuz for some reason I'm doubting myself... oh wait never mind that's sarcasm lol.

I guess its a good thing that I don't play D3 then. I play Path of Exile which currently has no cheating whatsoever. But anyway I am simply more interested in a game with little to no cheating verses a game with rampant cheating. I'm sure I will buy GD and enjoy playing it single player but i'm not interested in anything beyond that.
Reply Quote
I played it in closed beta like a year ago, and was extremely underwhelmed by the slow and boring combat.

Unlike D3, you have to actually put time in on your toon to make them better/faster/awesome.

I don't think speed alone would improve the combat. But who knows.
Making your character more awesome through gear would logically make the character more awesome however.

In any case, it is bad game design if you on purpose make your game crappy in the beginning, so people can feel it is improved later on.
Even though a lot of game developers use that strategy.

P.S. "Toon" => ARGHAHGHAHASHDADA!* *Me going crazy.
Edited by Shadout#2849 on 1/21/2013 8:14 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]