Diablo® III

O dog build..need help pls

hi my fellow WD!

kinda bored and hit a wall trying to upgrade my current WD...i mean 100s of millions just for couple thousand more hp or dps is just plain stupid, so im trying to switch to a 0dog build...but this fuken gear is also stupidly expensive.

So here's my question to all Wd 0dog build:

i cant afford to have a 0 dog build but is a 2,3 or even 4 sec cd on z.dogs is playable or it's just not worth the money invested since u cant spam them dogs?
I was thinking about some skill rotation like including bears/ac or any other spells while z.dogs is in cd.
Reply Quote
I can tell you 1sec (33 reduction) is totally playable until you have very high attack speed (like 2.6). I think if you don't aim for higher MP and don't need high dps, you can just get those 33 seconds in 4 or 5 slots instead of 3.
Some ppl have tried having several seconds cooldown (maybe 10), picking pride rune and using dogs as mana battery - tho not sure if that worked well for them or not.
Reply Quote
if not 0cd its waste of ur gold. cant play for high mp as not 0cd dog and if u use more than 3 gears to reduce ur dog cd, thats really not efficient. coz its gonna low ur dps and life resist a lot.

try to get 3 gears for 34 sec reduced dog cd if possible or dont waste ur money
Reply Quote
thx for the info guys.

I was thinking about having mojo 18 sec, soj or skull grasp 5 sec and helm 8 or 9 sec ( actually already have a nice rare helm with 5% cc open socket and 8 sec reduc) that'll be a 2-3 sec cd.

and yea was planning to be able to farm at least mp7 since with my current gear im able to do mp8-9 for keyrun and uber...but i think i'll think about it now
Reply Quote
0dog cost me about 100 million to start. helm, ammy and a soj will get you started for about 30-50 million. the humunculous however cost me around 40-50 million by itself. IMO 100 million is not that much for the greatest build EVER.
Reply Quote
Prbly not the best idea, 1 sec is playable but you will notice the difference on higher mps, I got my three pieces for a pretty good price homoculus 20m, skull grasp 43mil, visage 9 mil. I would suggest going three piece as many have said you will lose a lot going with 4 or 5 pieces and try to keep your ammy slot open since you can gain a lot of dps from an ammy.

The prices have gone up since news of 1.07 came out and dueling. So it will be harder to get deals.

I will say that getting a good 0 dog build is for sure worth it, you are a big help to your team and can solo a lot easier. I do mp8 ubers solo with my setup, kulle and siege are the only ones that give me trouble cause of the slow, siege usually enrages but with 0 dogs you can usually kill him enraged if he's low enough on hp.

Bottom line build it right and you will not regret it it's an awesome build!

Shoot for 55-60k hp, 600 all res, and 75k unbuffed dps you can handles almost all MP's
Reply Quote
I dont see a big price difference btw 1 sec and 0 sec dog gear.

There is a huge price difference in what dps you wanna get for ur dog build. The 1 sec? I dont know...

When u can afford 1 sec, I strongly suggest u check the price and make the right choice.
I tried... 1 sec before... big difference in game play from a 0 sec dog build. It's just a different build imho.
Reply Quote
I've been looking at gear for about a week now, 7-8 sec SoJ is going to cost 150m+ and a nice homuculus is going to be probably 75m-100m. Think I might just stick to bears PVE and a nice CC build for PVP or something.
Reply Quote
So a 1sec and 0sec makes a big difference?? Luffy?
Reply Quote
Just to explain about 0/1sec:
Base is 45sec. After passive you get -25% - that's 33.75 sec. If you got 33 sec reduction (that's what eveybody calls 1-sec), then you actually have 0.75 sec cooldown. Since you need to summon and sacrifice, you only summon at half your attack speed. That means you have to make 2 attacks in 0.75sec to stumble on actual summon cooldown. And that's 1 attack every 0.375sec or 2.67 attacks per second. I played with that 0.75 cooldown and didn't notice any difference when moved to 0-second. Only difference is if you sometimes need to spam summon without sacrifice - to make globes and heal party.
Reply Quote
Just to explain about 0/1sec:
Base is 45sec. After passive you get -25% - that's 33.75 sec. If you got 33 sec reduction (that's what eveybody calls 1-sec), then you actually have 0.75 sec cooldown. Since you need to summon and sacrifice, you only summon at half your attack speed. That means you have to make 2 attacks in 0.75sec to stumble on actual summon cooldown. And that's 1 attack every 0.375sec or 2.67 attacks per second. I played with that 0.75 cooldown and didn't notice any difference when moved to 0-second. Only difference is if you sometimes need to spam summon without sacrifice - to make globes and heal party.

Yea.. i counted at 0.75sec too.
OOo... Thx for the infor. It helps alot.
Reply Quote
If you want to take the road to 0s CD ZD, then use my build:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7004696095

It is an evolving build that can deal with mp6 with partial ZD gear (about 7s CD) until you can reach the soj or skull grasp necessary to get to 0s.

As for the 1/0s contest, I've been very long at 1s, as currently did many of my fellow C4Dogs WDs, and the only real difference is being able to pull out many globes by just spamming summon, which is good for healing or pre-elite boost on GF. Only if you have godly AS will you see the difference in dps (not even talking about fleeing foes).

Oh, and 0s will enable the mistake of summoning twice instead of summon-sac. You'll have to be more careful on the timing of your keys press.
Reply Quote
01/21/2013 11:48 AMPosted by TerrorTorrey
0dog cost me about 100 million to start. helm, ammy and a soj will get you started for about 30-50 million. the humunculous however cost me around 40-50 million by itself. IMO 100 million is not that much for the greatest build EVER.

These are old prices.

I just got 0 dog, and here is what I paid:
Helm: 2M
Mojo: 100M
SoJ: 244M

You could get a Mara's with 6 sec on it for considerably less than I paid for my SoJ; however, you will find that if you skimp getting their you won't be happy with the results. Also don't forget to include the cost of an incredible 1H if you don't already have one. Also all that attack speed you've been skipping? Yeah, now go fight the wizards cuz you want exactly what they want. You CAN half !@# the spec but my guess is you wont' be happy doing so.

Also, I absolutely would NOT get anything other than 0 dog (ie, 1 or 2 sec dog). If you use BBV then anything other than 0 dog will be wasted gold. I highly recommend a 9 sec helm, 19 sec OH, and 6 sec ring/neck.
Edited by SilentMike69#1275 on 1/22/2013 4:46 AM PST
Reply Quote
Might be interetesed in selling my set if the price is right,

19 sec mojo
9 sec helm
6 sec SOJ

or entire getup if you want. Hit me up in game
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]