Diablo® III

Combo Living Lightning + Storm Chaser

I had tried this :

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#.bXYVT!TgW!.caccc

And has working very well, tested only in low MP :

-Living lig. as secondary and storm chaser in 3 can be used simultaneously. Primary you can choose anything..

-Arcane Dynamo is started all the time by living lig.

-Living lig. starts storm chaser all the time.

PS: Wallers can be a trouble :P
Reply Quote
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bQXhVT!Tgb!cccccc

been using this, a different variation. works well for lower MPs. i call it the proc machine lol
Reply Quote
hey. hey. this my patented "cover the screen in !@#$" build.

moved on to the build in my profile, gonna be aces with 1.07
Reply Quote
hey. hey. this my patented "cover the screen in !@#$" build.

hahaha
There may be a better name for this :P
Reply Quote
mirror images will also cast the SC -> LL combo
(they also inherit arcane orbit orbs and frozen storm...)

the problem is that stormchaser wanders around uselessly, otherwise i'd keep using the build
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 03:53 AMPosted by nouse4names
been using this, a different variation. works well for lower MPs. i call it the proc machine lol

But using liv lig in primary i think is harder to activate simultaneously with another skill, isn't it?

I use secondary on mousewheel up and down, pretty easy :P
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 04:20 AMPosted by pabrt
mirror images will also cast the SC -> LL combo

All mirror images or only mirror mimics ?
Reply Quote
Doesn't seem to be a problem for me. Only 2 spells uses cast time. Another reason i don't use frost nova. else there are 3 spells which takes up cast time.
Reply Quote
Instead of Storm chaser, why not use meteor? packs a lot of damage.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Clarimax

I did it to use this :
Storm Chaser
Casting Energy Twister grants you a Wind Charge. You can store up to 3 Wind Charges at a time. Casting a Signature spell releases all Wind Charges as a giant Energy Twister that deals 75% weapon damage as Arcane per Wind Charge.

But well , may be tested with meteor too :)
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 06:51 AMPosted by Clarimax

of course meteor does more damage. this is just another option. nothing wrong with trying out other builds :)

you should try it. like pabrt said, this is a 'cover your screen with !@%!@' build
Reply Quote
Post 1.0.7:

Mirror mimics often spam storm chaser for free and apply the buff for your use or theirs. You don't need to waste arcane energy on the storm chaser if you have mirrors out. combined with CM this can be quite a lethal combo. I personally use: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#bVXklf!TgW!ccacYY

for a hybrid CM that is fun, subbing for the ice armor at higher difficulty to make up for the loss of frost nova. A good 4 tier set for the AP regen buff has been helpful with keeping blizzard up and the cold% addition is even better (keep in mind I have +10 AP on crit so I'm staying full mostly with LL spam). Love it for large packs and high sustained on bosses due to the damage ramp of blizzard.
Reply Quote
storm chaser is kind of garbage, especially since you will be casting it with 1 charge most of the time, if you want a traveling one use the +damage rune, gale force... it does almost double the damage of wicked wind.
Reply Quote
02/25/2013 09:57 AMPosted by Shaggy
storm chaser is kind of garbage, especially since you will be casting it with 1 charge most of the time, if you want a traveling one use the +damage rune, gale force... it does almost double the damage of wicked wind.

I think you missed my point. When used with mirror mimic, the stacks for storm chaser are charged up frequently without casting, thus saving AP for refreshing blizzard or casting a storm chaser yourself. You get more area covered by your energy twister and an additional bonus of 75% from your main cast. Having mirror mimic basically gives you free casts of the twister for the stack bonus. If you are looking at AP efficiency, crit rate for CM, and sustained dps using mimic, this technique comes out on top.

Keep in mind that blizzard is much more AP efficient now. I use stark winter in order to increase the range versus using Meteor - Comet which would be the most logical alternative. For my play style, Blizzard with SW wins out over Comet due to the mobs being less likely to walk out of the tick. And it costs 10 AP less.

I opted out of using explosive blast because it is counter-intuitive to be in too close a range and would only serve as a punish in a worst case scenario. This is more like an engage and escape build using sustained dps, probably more suited to pvp than pve but I don't really care since it's a fun alternative that works for me in m6.
Reply Quote
wait, so, you benefit from SC charges on your images? Like you can consume them with LL?

too bad I sold all my normal gear and went to firewall spec or I could play with this
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]