Diablo® III

Archon trying to hit 100K DPS unbuffed

Topic says it all.

I run in archon spec, ~73K DPS with glass cannon only and ~90K DPs fully buffed.

I am able to farm act 3 comfortably but I do die a few times during runs. I was thinking the best way to get over 100K DPS (and die a little less) might be to buy a Skorn with LS. I Only have about 3 Mil to spend which I know is not much but I have seen some LS skorns around 10 Mil.

As you can see I currently have no LS, only LoH which I learned after buying that weapon does not work well with Archon.

Is it a good idea to work towards that weapon upgrade?

Thanks!
Reply Quote
iv'e been running not long ago as a test of speed run with 86k DPS with 400 LoH and Magic weapon with Blood rune. i was doing just fine. very few deaths.

I did prefer running chantodo weapon and source that i paid around 900k the want and 400k the source. the one i have currently equiped. it lowered my damage but increase the speed so life on hit ratio increased ALOT. also that permit be to switch at will between archon and SnS/CM. My archon isn't strong but fun to play sometime when i need to change a bit from how lame is SnS.

I tried a Skorn but i didn't had more than half million gold so it was a very basic one and i lost DPS comparing to chantodo. obviously the 10% crit on chantodo orb help alot.
Reply Quote
I use a life steal Skorn, I like it. It offers a ton of critical hit damage, too.

It looks like you're doing a hybrid Archon and CM/WW build. I don't think you'd be able to get away with CM/WW with a Skorn, you'd almost have to be exclusively Archon.
Reply Quote
Thanks for the input.

I am not really going for hybrid hoping to go pure Archon. I was using twister as I was dropping out or Archon a lot but have since changed my gear a bit and worked on my farming route and it is much better I rarely drop out during a clear. Now that I hardly drop out of Archon I thought Skorn would be ideal for DPS.

I could have had a 1200 dps 500 int Skorn today but it had no LS and I think that is a must for where my gear is right now.

@CyberFranck, I am impressed you spent so little for the chant set and have 88k DPS. I would love to be able to do that but the rest of my gear is lacking. Skorn seemed like the cheapest way to get a good DPS boost.
Reply Quote
You probably want to up your crit chance a bit. And a cheap pair of zunimassas boots will increase your dps with the poison damage even if you don't have a black weapon.
Reply Quote
View profile
how much loh do you have. I do pretty good with 1200 loh, without ls, but have blood magic.

I wouldn't go for a skorn, but instead get rings, amulet with min-max affix, about 50 or more on each. Each ring/ammy should boost up about 5000 each depending on the other stats it might even give you 10-15k boost.
Reply Quote
I'd work towards replacing your weapon. The ideal weapon is an open socket with life steal, and if you have the money with crit, int, and/or vit. For now I'd save up for a wand with just a socket and life steal, around the same dps as your current one if not higher, but make sure it's a black weapon. That will let you switch your OH for a triumvirate for a decent increase in dps, as well as raising your dps contribution from your tal's amulet.
Reply Quote
I would love to replace my Skorn with a good 1h and OH. Problem is, it ain't cheap, and anything I do find lowers my DPS by at least 20k.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:43 PMPosted by KhalARon
I would love to replace my Skorn with a good 1h and OH. Problem is, it ain't cheap, and anything I do find lowers my DPS by at least 20k.

For 20 mil you can get a 220 ave damage Triumvirate with 200 int and a 1k or so OS black 1h wand with life steal. That should easily raise your dps by quite a bit. Your Skorn is a 33k dps loss for me, though my wand cost more like 30 mil. I got my OH for 10 mil though.
Reply Quote
ive used Skorns and other weapons with LS but i found they lowered my attack speed to much when i was out of Archon for my preference.
If you want however you could go with the continuous disintegrate build and a skorn with LS is perfect, low attack speed means you use a lot less AP so you can just keep using disintegrate, its a fun build and not shabby for farming MP1.
if you are set on buying new gear sadly now is not the time to do it, prices have jumped up because everyone is trying to prepare for dueling when 1.07 comes out, im sitting on my gold until after the patch and prices reseed a bit, just my 2 cents
EDIT: upgrade your gems first that will give you a little boost to you DPS, flawless squares dont cut it once you start to paragon
LOH doesnt do much in archon b/c you have a CONTINUOUS attack, not a REPEATED attack meaning you are not hitting as often which means less life returned
Edited by teesak#1562 on 1/22/2013 12:57 PM PST
Reply Quote
Thanks all for the tips. I spent some gold today and got my DPS very close to 100K

I swapped my High int / AS gloves for Int/CC/CD, bought a Tal's Ammy for pretty cheap and got Zuni's boots. I lost some AR and Vit in the process but I think I should be okay still.

I think my rings and belt will be the next upgrades as I do not have the money for a weapon right now. Life steal would be a great next addon though but if I understand correctly there is a change coming to black weapons next patch so I will hold off until that happens so I do not waste any money.

@Kirus, I only have the ~300 LoH from my weapon so not nearly enough to be noticed while in Archon.
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:50 PMPosted by Loroese

For 20 mil you can get a 220 ave damage Triumvirate with 200 int and a 1k or so OS black 1h wand with life steal. That should easily raise your dps by quite a bit. Your Skorn is a 33k dps loss for me, though my wand cost more like 30 mil. I got my OH for 10 mil though.

I found my Skorn, and recently sold a shield for 25 million gold, bringing my total gold up to 33 million, so maybe I'll have a chance to get something decent.

I see you calculated a DPS loss. Do you mind if I ask how you did that?
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 12:59 PMPosted by KhalARon

I found my Skorn, and recently sold a shield for 25 million gold, bringing my total gold up to 33 million, so maybe I'll have a chance to get something decent.

I use a dps spreadsheet that I made myself, long before any of the online calculators were around. Otherwise you can use one of those. I think d3up is the popular one. If you prefer a spreadsheet, you can find mine on the diablofans site in the wizard forums. It's stickied at the top. :)

Coincidentilly I have a wand and OH I'm trying to sell, like 1073 dps wand and 220 DPS OH with 210 int and like 90 str, 18% dmg but only 8% crit, if you're interested. They're on AH right now for like 15 mil and 10 mil respectively but I could cut the price down a bit. They're both probably overpriced.
Reply Quote

I use a dps spreadsheet that I made myself, long before any of the online calculators were around. Otherwise you can use one of those. I think d3up is the popular one. If you prefer a spreadsheet, you can find mine on the diablofans site in the wizard forums. It's stickied at the top. :)

Coincidentilly I have a wand and OH I'm trying to sell, like 1073 dps wand and 220 DPS OH with 210 int and like 90 str, 18% dmg but only 8% crit, if you're interested. They're on AH right now for like 15 mil and 10 mil respectively but I could cut the price down a bit. They're both probably overpriced.

Thanks for the info.

Regarding the weapons, I'll take a look and calculate the changes, but I probably won't purchase anything until after 1.07 hits. I will think about it.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]