Diablo® III

Wiz vs WD PVP

Mirror images shrugs off haunt....

You guys know that right? Same goes for rend.
Reply Quote
Mirror images shrugs off haunt....

You guys know that right? Same goes for rend.

What about spirit barrage?
Reply Quote
yeah, but u can get haunted again and mi will be on cooldown and since it is dot it wont trigger illusionist.

what really breaks my balls vs wd is fear, no way to break that and cant cast mi to shrug haunt off when they combo it. Only thing i can do is ds and hope the ehp is enough.
Reply Quote
well it would depend on how much dps the wd has. maybe havent faced really high dps ones but with high mitigation ehp, ds does wonders at absorbing a ton of the damage.

edit: just calculated with the 21k extra hp from ds my ehp is somewhere near 950k predodge vs elites

What DPS were the WD at?

dont know, probably no too high id say 150k or so.
Reply Quote
What DPS were the WD at?

dont know, probably no too high id say 150k or so.

Weapon setup matters. A C.Knife at 1.4 APS vs a Skorn at 1.0 APS, same sheet DPS, the latter is going to hit you so much harder on the DoTs such as haunt. For you (us) wizards, the same thing applies to SA and Blizzard. DPS does not matter so much as dmg per attack.

E.g. this guy rocks all of 126K DPS.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709581930
Reply Quote
Exactly. IAS is pretty much garbage in PvP cos most skills are based on weapon dmg, and not sheet dps normalised. A WD with a high dps skorn hits so hard with haunt...
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 01:14 PMPosted by TasteDeath
Exactly. IAS is pretty much garbage in PvP cos most skills are based on weapon dmg, and not sheet dps normalised. A WD with a high dps skorn hits so hard with haunt...

Like mine?
Reply Quote
More like mine ;)
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 04:38 PMPosted by Lilspark
More like mine ;)

Still like mine better. :)
Reply Quote
Gonna try running a Blizzard build with high-int, high crit Skorn sometime this weekend.
Reply Quote
Its allot of fun with calamity 1.7 M damage crits even though paper wise its 100 K less then what I can get for sheet dps seems better for my build by a fair bit.
Reply Quote
01/24/2013 01:24 PMPosted by LuckyDog

Like mine?

you can try my IAS attack if you think its garbage.
Skywavex # 1812
Reply Quote
i am really not sure about the ias thing... havent found clear info weather ias is or is not calculated into the dps of spells like blizzard or hydra. seen posts claiming both things. should probably test it on my own though.

what i do notice is that sa does proc more often with higher ias, or at least it feels like it. I would want more ias for mm too, easier kiting.

clearly chants is not gona be the best option for dps What i like about it is that it gives u a defensive bonus besides the good dps, yeah ias inflated but also get the benefit in functionality of it... faster cast animations for better kiting.

btw: why skorn for high raw damage numbers? ur gona get higher raw dps from a slow high dps onehander and a trium. say 1050 av dam from a 1.2 aps spear + 250 from trium * 1.18 from %elem bonus. + all the extra goodies of offhand
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/25/2013 1:07 AM PST
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 12:39 AMPosted by Skywavex

Like mine?

you can try my IAS attack if you think its garbage.
Skywavex # 1812

As if WD really needs IAS to do tons of damage with spirit barage and haunt..... ok.jpg

what i do notice is that sa does proc more often with higher ias, or at least it feels like it. I would want more ias for mm too, easier kiting.

btw: why skorn for high raw damage numbers? ur gona get higher raw dps from a slow high dps onehander and a trium. say 1050 av dam from a 1.2 aps spear + 250 from trium * 1.18 from %elem bonus. + all the extra goodies of offhand

I did some tests regarding ias on ray of frost -> proc cm. At first used archon and canceled it. Then just hold the position and channeled RoF on azmodan. I'd say the standard deviation was around 15% (yeah i know). First set was ias only (so chants + only ias stuff) second set was mace + cd stuff. Crit chance was equal both times. I couldnt see any huge difference which would favor +1,x aps, besides the deviation itself ofc. this fireball thing hits hard on mp 10 :(. i dont even know why i did that on mp10 tho.....

I also second your oppinion on skorns/onehand+source
Reply Quote
well i was thinking specially of blizzard, hydra and storm armour which are damage dealing skills i use for pvp, besides mm which ias impact on it is pretty clear. I am not really clear weather ias is factored in or not on those.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 03:02 AMPosted by ximae
well i was thinking specially of blizzard, hydra and storm armour which are damage dealing skills i use for pvp, besides mm which ias impact on it is pretty clear. I am not really clear weather ias is factored in or not on those.

btw ximae, in response to your question about DHs... :S

They own so hard! A good DH who is a friend of mine, Cyon, is ~20 ranked PVP DH (ehp + dps based score). Can't do a thing vs. him, and he's not even in legacy nats when he fights me (only for vs. barb/monk he says). He did say that fighting me was similar to fighting Top Wiz, cuz when im in my pvp gear im much higher dps + sameish EHP -- just that the top top PVP wizzes can take about 1-2 extra hits before dead according to him. And despite that, I killed him only a handful of time, and only ever with ThunderStorm. Overall scrore maybe 5 to 25+, lol. He said the best Wizzes dont fare much better at all.

We were talking about it a bit, and he outright said that Wizards can't fight good DH. This is coming from his own experience fighting the best Wizards, so IMO in its current state, there is no hope for fighting evenly geared DHs, or even somewhat less-geared than you DHs.

apologies for the massive offtopic foray into Wiz vs. DH discussion in a WD thread, it's just that I saw Ximae's name here!

last thought:
D3 PVP in its current state = Pokemon. You gotta send out the right char. Charmander will never beat Squirtle, unless the charmander is like level60, and the squirtle is level 40
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/25/2013 4:27 AM PST
Reply Quote
I've also played a tiny bit with Cyon, perfect example of how ninja demon hunters are way worse than witch doctors and it shines a stark spotlight back on the issue of wizard's lack of mobility or disproportionately large cost of mobility compared to other classes
Reply Quote
BDF im gonna have to pick at your wording for clarification hah. Ninja demon hunters way worse than WD, as in, way worse for Wiz to fight against? Or literally "way worse", period -- Im thinking the former lol

And yes you're spot on. I told cyon fighting as Wiz you feel like you're a toddler with a gun that sometimes shoots things on its own, plodding around a cage of cheetahs and bears. We either need some serious mobility changes or we need some serious attack/passive changes
Edited by Alesso#1854 on 1/25/2013 4:49 AM PST
Reply Quote
Sorry, by worse I mean harder to beat and deal with than WD. I know my eph is low, but when he can force you into unstable anomaly from offscreen, or come out of invis while standing in a blizzard...kill you....then be half a map away in less than 2 seconds...without having taken a point of dmg...

How do you deal with that?

WTB serenity to @#%# them up while strafing.
Edited by BDF#1838 on 1/25/2013 5:06 AM PST
Reply Quote
yeah alesso n bdf I have to agree, good dh are the worst to deal with, good ehp is meaningless as instead of killing you in one shot it will be 2 or 3.... so what thats like 1 more sec before you die and u cant even hit him in the mean time. i actually dropped the chants set and litany to put on the trium + black wand + wailing host so at least if one of my sa bolts hit him i had a chance of killing him. even still, worst results by far against them.

and wait n see what happens when they properly nerf sa and they can dodge it, no chance at all even against mediocre dh.

the best dh i was playing resulted to be spanish too, so we ended afak talkin and doin some ghom runs together to see if we could get our respective ammy n gloves recepies. I handed him the dex glove recepy that i got and he dropepd me like 1000 brim stones n 1000 esences so i could craft whatever lol.

so yeah our worst mu are against wd n dh and id say dh is the hardest. Im facing my farming pal tonight when he can copy his new stuff over so ill tell you more, but he has pumped his dps like 60-70k since we last faced so its gona be much harder....
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/25/2013 6:06 AM PST
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]