Diablo® III

Wiz vs WD PVP

01/22/2013 11:15 PMPosted by DomonKassui
This. Sad to say but our skills are just way underpowered for PVP.

Underpowered period. Wizards overall just suck.
Reply Quote
@ximae

I don't know about hydra but I'm certain blizzard does not factor IAS. XXX% weapon damage over YY seconds means the damage of a single attack, multiplied by X.XX.

That such skills favor big slow weapons has been known for a long time among WD because we are mana-limited. Every other class can consider IAS=eDPS. WD needs to understand that IAS = out of mana faster. So we tend to care more about damage per mana.

Why Skorn? Huge base damage and 275% or more crit damage. And it's slow which is what a WD wants. For wizard maybe big 1.2 APS mace + source is OK but let me tell you, I am happy to see that in PvP because 1H+source doesn't 1-shot me with SA on a crit. Skorn does.
Edited by Worloega#1821 on 1/25/2013 6:54 AM PST
Reply Quote
for wd yeah, u guys dont have trium :D.

if u sum up for example a 1260 lance(not even max dps) with 1.2 aps 1260/1.2 = 1050 avdam + a 250 av dam trium = 1300 av dam

now add in triums 18% elemntal bonus 1300 x 1.18 = 1534 av damage or 1534x1.2 = 1842 dps.

thats like 100 more av damage than a skorn, yeah you loose 100 cd but you really exchange it for 8.5 cc. Potentialy the int could be the same or even higher with a trium.

I was asking about blizzard and ias coz i have read conflicting information, so i wasnt sure but id really like to test it out for my self. Dont have the setup thought out yet though, suppose it would have to be something like slotting some +min damage ring naked and then another +min damage ring with ias where:

the dps of the first = dps of second*ias

and see how it ticks
Reply Quote
Well if you can find a 1H that fits all those requirements: ~90% CD, OS, 1250 DPS, high INT, and black damage so that you get the full benefits of the 18% trium...

GG, my friend. Few exist and I certainly can't afford them. ;)

Also: to test blizzard is easy. Go buy a rare doomhammer (0.9 APS) that matches the DPS and CD% of your chanto wand. Remember to test the wand without your source equipped so that APS is the only variable.
Reply Quote

And despite that, I killed him only a handful of time, and only ever with ThunderStorm.

Sadly but bassically this. I just didnt want to make a second thread and whine about dhs. Fact is that most dhs i ever met didnt had ehp at all, making them literaly a joke. Even people geared in legacy nats. But all my kills were based Storm armor and SA only. Its not even helping that dhs "on screen"-time is like 0,5 seconds. No skill has the speed to reach them if theyre standing almost offscreen (ie arcane orb etc). And even if something is fast enough (due guessing or reading or whatever) their chance to dodge is simply ridiculous......
Reply Quote
90 cd will be the tough part, as all speears at that dps level are black and a 150 or so int roll is not that strange.... but 190cd 1400 500 int skorns arent that frequent either. Obviously the lance + trium is gona be much more expensive, it is also alot more dps for everything else.

anyways im talking about what hypothetically could actually hit harder, not how hard or expensive that could be.
Reply Quote
01/25/2013 10:03 AMPosted by ximae
anyways im talking about what hypothetically could actually hit harder, not how hard or expensive that could be.

I'll give you that. In fact the GG WD I linked earlier uses such a 1H (although with a shield)

In practice though, a 1350 DPS 180% CD 300 INT skorn is pretty affordable - and it will outperform all but the best 1H spears/mace and literally all wands, period.
Reply Quote
yeah i bought a 1400 160 cd 500 int one for 2 mill so go figure.... it was really cheap though, sold if for 10 mill or so a few weeks later when i decided i prefered to have ls on it. now im sort of regreting it as i could do some nice tests with it.

what i would really like to know is how is storm armour calculated, as i really dont use blizzard that often.
Edited by ximae#1789 on 1/25/2013 10:52 AM PST
Reply Quote
View profile

And despite that, I killed him only a handful of time, and only ever with ThunderStorm.

Sadly but bassically this. I just didnt want to make a second thread and whine about dhs. Fact is that most dhs i ever met didnt had ehp at all, making them literaly a joke. Even people geared in legacy nats. But all my kills were based Storm armor and SA only. Its not even helping that dhs "on screen"-time is like 0,5 seconds. No skill has the speed to reach them if theyre standing almost offscreen (ie arcane orb etc). And even if something is fast enough (due guessing or reading or whatever) their chance to dodge is simply ridiculous......

+1 Storm Armor is the only thing that can touch my DH vs Wiz. I feel sad for my Wiz.
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)
Submit Cancel

Reported!

[Close]