Diablo® III

Marquise rubies are stronger than I thought.

Myon, can you make me a gem?

edit: nvm they're account bound... no way of transferring now?
Edited by Oscar#1292 on 1/23/2013 2:40 PM PST
Reply Quote
okay holy FK. I just read a post from Apharaell (Wiz) and apparently, the REPAIR COSTS currently for an item socketted with a Marquise gem are ASTRONOMICAL. As in, full break costs 302k for that item. I sure a frick hope this gets fixed 'cause that's OBSCENE.
Reply Quote
dps is all relative....

im actually upset at the new tier being introduced... money grab IMO.

what has more damage really added to the game? every class will simply go up in similar damage...

bleh.
Reply Quote
more dps, ppl will simply farm higher MP's with new XP bonus's...
yay now im paragon 100 with 500k dps.

now what? :s

how about fixing mob density in acts I, II and IV to make them 'enjoyable' opposed to crater and keeps runs.
Reply Quote
anyone notice how the max dmg is not correct? lol i have a feeling it will get fix, eventually.
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 04:24 PMPosted by SuperJJ
anyone notice how the max dmg is not correct? lol i have a feeling it will get fix, eventually.

No it won't. Or if it is fixed, it won't affect existing items.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709121772
Reply Quote
Just tried the two new gems in my Windforce, Looks like the Marquise ruby gives around 3000 more dps than the marquise emerald in my case.

My windforce has 1352.2 dps as base and goes up to 1757.2.

Heres a screenshot with no dps passives on for comparison. http://imgur.com/amoeCDM
Reply Quote
Am I the only one who is getting a dps decrease? D3up's simulator says I'd lose 2.5k using a marquise ruby over a radiant emerald
Reply Quote
@monsta look at page 2 .. I replied to you you GAIN dps.. d3up simulator is wrong and doesn't recalc bow damage.... you gain a ton of dps
Reply Quote
D3up.com doesn't report the correct DPS for marquis ruby as described in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709582070

I sent Aaron a note about it.
Reply Quote
lol @ fatum goin to my thread.... but Yeah .... it isn't adjusting the numbers at all.

least d3rawr is recalculating but still think incorrectly
Reply Quote
01/23/2013 05:36 PMPosted by BubbaGump
@monsta look at page 2 .. I replied to you you GAIN dps.. d3up simulator is wrong and doesn't recalc bow damage.... you gain a ton of dps

dang i missed ur post... 300k dps? woot marquise ruby!!!
Edited by Monsta#1979 on 1/23/2013 6:04 PM PST
Reply Quote
D3up.com doesn't report the correct DPS for marquis ruby as described in this thread:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7709582070

I sent Aaron a note about it.

I believe it's been fixed now as I'm no longer seeing ridiculous dps increases.
Reply Quote
I think I figured it out thanks to posters in this thread ;).

Off to go speculate on melee weapons. I'll be nice and NOT speculate on Demon Hunter weapons being that I discovered the info here.

My theory is that Weapon Damage % affects the min/max Rubies. Meaning you want a weapon with ~47-50% weapon damage (along with attack speed) to see maximum affect from Rubies.

*This would explain some of the inconsistencies, damage calculators being "off", and how some 2handers (obviously ~50% damage) benefit greatly from rubies.

Thoughts?
Reply Quote
dps is all relative....

im actually upset at the new tier being introduced... money grab IMO.

what has more damage really added to the game? every class will simply go up in similar damage...

bleh.

The new red gem will probably create enough of a difference in gearing for middle tier manticore users, where it'll probably split into a more IAS/CritD group and another CritC/CritD group (like everyone is now). So technically speaking, we are getting a *decent* amount of diversity from this new gem.
Reply Quote
I think I figured it out thanks to posters in this thread ;).

Off to go speculate on melee weapons. I'll be nice and NOT speculate on Demon Hunter weapons being that I discovered the info here.

My theory is that Weapon Damage % affects the min/max Rubies. Meaning you want a weapon with ~47-50% weapon damage (along with attack speed) to see maximum affect from Rubies.

*This would explain some of the inconsistencies, damage calculators being "off", and how some 2handers (obviously ~50% damage) benefit greatly from rubies.

Thoughts?

Sure the damage% matters. I have 43% on my calamity but still make good dps gains :-) it really is cc and asi and dmg% related for the best gains from what ive been seeing.
Reply Quote

Sure the damage% matters. I have 43% on my calamity but still make good dps gains :-) it really is cc and asi and dmg% related for the best gains from what ive been seeing.

Thought it was kinda obvious. But there are a ton of 100 million+ (even some a billion+) popular weapons with under 40% damage (some around 30% !!) with open socket which would benefit significantly less than a 45%+ weapon. At 150k DPS and above, damage scales insanely so every % matters quite a bit.
Edited by blhotz#1823 on 1/23/2013 7:24 PM PST
Reply Quote

Thought it was kinda obvious. But there are a ton of 100 million+ (even some a billion+) popular weapons with under 40% damage (some around 30% !!) and open socket which would benefit significantly less than a 45%+ weapon. At 150k DPS and above, damage scales insanely so every % matters quite a bit.

Definitely. And you can see that the price of black weapon with 45%+ damage has risen significantly in AH
Reply Quote
Anyone test the ruby with soj dmg output? If ruby is the way to go, equipping soj vs crit/crit dmg should on average provide a higher actual dmg output on fast weaps. This might mean a shift from manticore's reliance
Reply Quote
01/22/2013 07:43 PMPosted by METATRON
I own both and a calamity so I will test it later when I get home on the PTR. I am wondering if a ruby in a Dannettas spite might make it comparable to a 1300 DPS Calamity, if so it might make it a poor mans calamity and a good offhand.

Look me up on the PTR. I can loan you my spite there (since it will be lost after the next PTR)
If my calcs are correct, my Spite will jump to 1400 DPS

Calculations

original:
428 - 763 ==> 952 DPS

min - max
48 - [448] : base value of weapon w/ bug
249 - 232 : bonus from weapon
150 - 150 : bonus from gem
-----------
447 - 830 : {sum of min and max values}
+44% : bonus from weapon
-----------
643 - 1195 ==> 1470 DPS
Reply Quote

Please report any Code of Conduct violations, including:

Threats of violence. We take these seriously and will alert the proper authorities.

Posts containing personal information about other players. This includes physical addresses, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, and inappropriate photos and/or videos.

Harassing or discriminatory language. This will not be tolerated.

Forums Code of Conduct

Report Post # written by

Reason
Explain (256 characters max)

Reported!

[Close]